Workable solutions re: feed the hungry

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
Thoughts?

Apparently, food stamps are Bad and Wrong. Minimum wage is fine as is - or maybe we should end it. There aren't enough jobs, and no training is being offered that a destitute person can afford.

In the real world, what is your solution to hunger in the USA.

Maybe there should be facilities like prisons, but only for poor people. To run such a place would likely cost more than welfare - but it is a thought. People would be fed, clothed, and sheltered, which is more security than many of them have now.

Thoughts?

Apparently, food stamps are Bad and Wrong. Minimum wage is fine as is - or maybe we should end it. There aren't enough jobs, and no training is being offered that a destitute person can afford.

Maybe there should be facilities like prisons, but only for poor people. To run such a place would likely cost more than welfare - but it is a thought. People would be fed, clothed, and sheltered, which is more security than many of them have now.

It was never the Federal Governments job to "feed" the people. Charities and local Governments can fill the need.

Thoughts?

illegals seem to find jobs by the millions. So not enough "jobs" out is not quite accurate. Its more like..there are not enough jobs out there that they WANT to do.

first solution, no more anchor babies. Imagine all the "hungry children" that would take out of the system.

Second solution.... no more EBT cards where you can purchase anything you want. The limits of "what you can purchase" needs to be reviewed. Junk food, snack food, convenience food and soda need to all be off the list. There needs to be a limit on max cost for per pound items.... sorry, its its more then $3.00 a pound its off the EBT list.

And how about a novel solution...

motivation is the best way out of poverty.

give them less of everything and what they do get.... make it harder to get. Entitlements have become far to easy... there is no guilt or humiliation to it any more.... maybe its time to put that back into the equation.

i exclude the elderly from this, though.

Vets as well? Soldier's families?

Anyone that earned retirement does not get food stamps usually. And believe me retirement is not all that much.

Used to be you could not marry until you were at least a Sgt.

Now if you are one of those people that claim earned retirement is welfare, I can just ignore you.

Vets as well? Soldier's families?

if you cant afford a family....then don't have one. I don't care if they are military or not.

Said family likely preceded any need for food stamps.

Solution then; give children up for adoption?

From what i understand....said children and then more children usually come after... they get more money that way.

solution.... ask for entitlements.... both parents must be spayed or neutered to be eligible for funds. Cant produce the baby daddy for DNA comparison.... momma is SOL and so is the kid.

Thoughts?

It was never the Federal Governments job to "feed" the people. Charities and local Governments can fill the need.

Well the charities are not rising to the occasion

if you cant afford a family....then don't have one. I don't care if they are military or not.

From what i understand....said children and then more children usually come after... they get more money that way.

solution.... ask for entitlements.... both parents must be spayed or neutered to be eligible for funds. Cant produce the baby daddy for DNA comparison.... momma is SOL and so is the kid.

You really think this is happening in a lot of military families?

are military family's the only ones on food stamps? As i said before...i dont care if your a military or not.

are military family's the only ones on food stamps? As i said before...i dont care if your a military or not.

Your statement apparently negates your question, so I will leave it unanswered.

Military families are easy to defend. How many military families compared to the merely lazy or the illegal alien that pops out a jackpot baby?

We started out helping those in need and ended up helping those who merely desire. If the poor are hungry give them some rice and a can of pork and beans.

Forum List

Back