Workable solutions re: feed the hungry

Vets as well? Soldier's families?

if you cant afford a family....then don't have one. I don't care if they are military or not.

People who say that tend to be opposed to abortion. Allow abortion if you don't want people to have families they can't afford.

Hate to break it to you but on demand abortion IS the law of the land. And in most States is allowed up to the 3rd trimester. Wanna try again?

You really think this is happening in a lot of military families?

are military family's the only ones on food stamps? As i said before...i dont care if your a military or not.

Your statement apparently negates your question, so I will leave it unanswered.

if you cant afford a family....then don't have one. I don't care if they are military or not.

you seems to feel that my statement was only for the military....thinking i would bleed more for them. I don't. Being in the military does not make you any more special then others.

i don't care.... if they cant afford a family....you should not have a family.... increasing a family that you cant afford should be a criminal act. If nothing else it should make you ineligible for ANY entitlement going forward.

having more of something you cant afford should not get you a reward......

People who say that tend to be opposed to abortion. Allow abortion if you don't want people to have families they can't afford.

Hate to break it to you but on demand abortion IS the law of the land. And in most States is allowed up to the 3rd trimester. Wanna try again?

I meant that a lot of people are opposed to it and want to see it banned, which would make the situation worse.

:lmao:

oh honey....i would force abortion on anyone who came up pregnant while on entitlements....right along with a mandatory sterilization of the baby daddy.

so try again, you are barking up the wrong tree with that one.

Last edited:
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

Stop attacking business so they will invest money and create jobs................

Not laws that make them unwilling to invest and cut their employees to Part Time. We still haven't even reached the numbers working in 2007. This after the Gov't has spent Trillions.

Get out of the way, and stop the BS so jobs can be created. Obama and the Dems policies are failing miserably. Because they rule by IDEOLOGY and not Common Sense.

Eagle, they haven't trickled down since Reagan invented the term. It's a fallacy.

There is no such thing as trickle-down economics.

good to know

what you are saying is adding more money into entitlements/food stamps will not stimulate the economy. The whole "increasing food stamps is more bang for the buck" was a flat out lie.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

Stop attacking business so they will invest money and create jobs................

Not laws that make them unwilling to invest and cut their employees to Part Time. We still haven't even reached the numbers working in 2007. This after the Gov't has spent Trillions.

Get out of the way, and stop the BS so jobs can be created. Obama and the Dems policies are failing miserably. Because they rule by IDEOLOGY and not Common Sense.

Unfortunately the truth of that adage has been replaced by the false truth.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you have a slave to fishing.

What "hunger" in the US? The biggest health problem for poor people is obesity. This thread is based on reverse "logic" which defines hunger by the number of food stamp recipients. Why not define "hearing impaired" by the number of free cell phones?

Undernourishment in adults is caused by drug addiction and/or mental illness. In children, it is caused by parental neglect.

You can buy a hamburger for $1 almost anywhere in America.

In order to achieve the goal one has to define the object.

There are no hungry in the US per objective standards.

The population with an average BMI of 30 especially through those deemed "poor" is NOT hungry.

Hunger in America today is defined by being ready to eat whatever you have a taste for.

Hunger in America today is defined by being ready to eat whatever you have a taste for.

Those going hungry in the US are rarely adults, but many children do go hungry, and yes, some of them are actually fat kids. Malnutrition is a huge problem for many young kids in the US.

Thoughts?

Apparently, food stamps are Bad and Wrong. Minimum wage is fine as is - or maybe we should end it. There aren't enough jobs, and no training is being offered that a destitute person can afford.

In the real world, what is your solution to hunger in the USA.

Maybe there should be facilities like prisons, but only for poor people. To run such a place would likely cost more than welfare - but it is a thought. People would be fed, clothed, and sheltered, which is more security than many of them have now.

It was never the Federal Governments job to "feed" the people. Charities and local Governments can fill the need.

You do know that most of the social services offered by local governments and charities are federally funded.... Don't you?

What "hunger" in the US? The biggest health problem for poor people is obesity. This thread is based on reverse "logic" which defines hunger by the number of food stamp recipients. Why not define "hearing impaired" by the number of free cell phones?

Undernourishment in adults is caused by drug addiction and/or mental illness. In children, it is caused by parental neglect.

You're right...............you CAN buy a burger in America for around a dollar.

However........................that burger has a lot of unhealthy consequences, and one of them is obesity. Another one is diabetes, because that 1 dollar hamburger has a lot of unhealthy consequences.

Did you know that buying healthy food (such as fresh veggies and fresh meat) is more expensive than buying the processed crap that the corporations put out?

Might want to check into it sometime.

Google can be your friend (or any other search engine).

However........................that burger has a lot of unhealthy consequences, and one of them is obesity. Another one is diabetes, because that 1 dollar hamburger has a lot of unhealthy consequences.

Did you know that buying healthy food (such as fresh veggies and fresh meat) is more expensive than buying the processed crap that the corporations put out?

Yeah, that's a hackneyed mantra spouted by lefties when confronted with the fact that so many of the poor are fat. No, healthy food is not more expensive, though what you might call lazy food is.

Why are healthy foods expensive?

Is healthy food really more expensive? - TODAY.com

USDA Blog » Healthy Foods Not Necessarily More Expensive Than Less Healthy Ones

and even Huffpost

Healthy Food Isn't Necessarily More Expensive Than Junk Food, Study Finds

You are right, google can be your friend, as can thinking for yourself instead of swallowing hackneyed mantra. You should try it sometime.

Last edited:

Yeah, that's a hackneyed mantra spouted by lefties when confronted with the fact that so many of the poor are fat. No, healthy food is not more expensive, though what you might call lazy food is.

Why are healthy foods expensive?

Is healthy food really more expensive? - TODAY.com

USDA Blog » Healthy Foods Not Necessarily More Expensive Than Less Healthy Ones

and even Huffpost

Healthy Food Isn't Necessarily More Expensive Than Junk Food, Study Finds

Tell ya what.................try to cook a healthy meal for a family of 3 (Father, Mother and 1 Child) for less than what you could fill them up on Mickey D's, or Burger King.

I'm guessing you can't, because fresh fruit, veggies and fresh meat are more expensive than the processed crap you get at a fast food venue.

Yeah................I compared them, and yeah, it's cheaper to eat at some fast food place than it is to cook my own, because the prices are high, and most people nowadays are addicted to convenience.

Forum List

Back