Winter Olympics

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
Starting tomorrow.
Is there any enthusiasm for it over there ? I must admit I am underwhelmed by it. I dont think we should be taking these events to countries that have such questionable human rights records.
I guess that narrows it down a bit.
The spirit of the games is also questionable. The UK team are all backed by the state and the whole team has a medals target. Its all very cynical and slants the results towards the richer countries who can afford to back this nonsense.
I wont be watching it all.

Starting tomorrow.
Is there any enthusiasm for it over there ? I must admit I am underwhelmed by it. I dont think we should be taking these events to countries that have such questionable human rights records.
The spirit of the games is also questionable. The UK team are all backed by the state and the whole team has a medals target. Its all very cynical and slants the results towards the richer countries who can afford to back this nonsense.
I won't be watching it but not because of any ideological or political reason, I'm not that demagogic. I simply don't care to watch it, but then again I hardly watch anything TV related.

I won't be watching it but not because of any ideological or political reason, I'm not that demagogic. I simply don't care to watch it, but then again I hardly watch anything TV related.
Its not just the olympics. the world cup in Qatar this year is also on my doubtful list.
15000 workers have died building the infrastructure in primitive conditions akin to slavery. I cant look past that.

Its not just the olympics. the world cup in Qatar this year is also on my doubtful list.
15000 workers have died building the infrastructure in primitive conditions akin to slavery. I cant look past that.
Welcome to the real world. It does exist outside of your self created bubble.

Starting tomorrow.

Could care less.

An American skier, best in the world, born, raised and trained in the US is going to compete for China.

Forum List

Back