Normally I am not watching women's college basketball, but now!!!

That will be Iowa's downfall, a single player who they rely on to score so much.
Not that others cannot score, they are a talented team. But the games they have lost have been when Clark gets pushed off her marks and misses shots, or gets thwarted in her shot. She dishes the ball off very well, of course, but that isn't the Iowa game plan and now they are up against the very best. LSU did a horrible job on Clark and lost.
What is remarkable is that Iowa shut down LSU and made it's stars go dark.

Correct....but that won't be enough now. Unless she has two more games like last night Iowa will not win.
Now if she somehow manages 30 shots on her marks like last night, they will. I don't think she can do it.
They beat the top ranked team (from last year) last night. Caitlin has no peers. She whips all of the other teams. The team with a chance is SC and I believe she will also beat them.

What is remarkable is that Iowa shut down LSU and made it's stars go dark.

Clark shot 10 times over her average and with her 40% success rate she alone can make a 12 point difference in a game like last night. You can't let her do that and expect to overcome it....making her dish it off or take the shot off mark and miss is about the only hope.

They beat the top ranked team (from last year) last night. Caitlin has no peers. She whips all of the other teams. The team with a chance is SC and I believe she will also beat them.
UConn beat USC, they are vastly improved over earlier in the year. Either of these teams can whip Iowa, it all depends.
However it turns out, it is great basketball.

UConn beat USC, they are vastly improved over earlier in the year. Either of these teams can whip Iowa, it all depends.
However it turns out, it is great basketball.
Caitlin is already rich.

How much does Caitlin Clark make in NIL?

Iowa's Caitlin Clark has been the biggest story of the college basketball season. Clark broke the NCAA scoring record earlier this season, and announced she will enter the WNBA in 2024. Clark's $3.1 million of estimated NIL earnings puts her above any other women's basketball player.7 hours ago

Caitlin Clark and 9 other college athletes making over $1 million a ...​

1712092205245.png
morningstar.com

Basketball and soccer are opposite extremes. Scoring in basketball is far too easy and boring, with just throwing a ball up and everyone stands around waiting for it to fall. It needs a goalie or something more challenging. Before the shot, they walk across the court, la de da, with only occasionally a full court defense to make some use of the huge court space.

A HS Jewish boys team is better than watching these behemoths try to act like real athletes

There are a lot more white chicks in soccer. And boy, are they fit!!
Caitlin is already rich.

How much does Caitlin Clark make in NIL?

Iowa's Caitlin Clark has been the biggest story of the college basketball season. Clark broke the NCAA scoring record earlier this season, and announced she will enter the WNBA in 2024. Clark's $3.1 million of estimated NIL earnings puts her above any other women's basketball player.7 hours ago

Caitlin Clark and 9 other college athletes making over $1 million a ...

View attachment 926222
morningstar.com
She deserves it. She single-handedly put women's college basketball on the map. And if she goes to the WNBA she will by herself elevate that league as well.

I have been interested in women's college basketball since my daughter played 30 years ago. It has been the epitome of how the game was supposed to be played, but skill levels and coaching were inconsistent. Today, we are seeing women's college basketball that lives up to its potential. However, it is in danger of becoming more like the brute force game that is played in the WNBA. If skill players like Caitlin Clark are allowed to be beat up on the court, women's college basketball will lose its current appeal.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back