Winter Olympics

If we are so bad why do millions try to get here every year?

Dumbass.
Cause YOU, the experts, turned their countries into shitholes and whereas your shithole of a country is still slightly less shittyer than theirs they falsely believe there's a chance to find a better life there.

I turned it on for the first time last night, and the celebrated American star of the Olympics, Mikaela Schiffrin, crashed and burned for the second time, DQ'd from the downhill competition.

And I didn't care one bit.

I turned it on for the first time last night, and the celebrated American star of the Olympics, Mikaela Schiffrin, crashed and burned for the second time, DQ'd from the downhill competition.

And I didn't care one bit.
She hasn't been the same since her dad died suddenly in 2020.

I've actually watched some events the last 2 nights.

I really don't get much interested until the Downhill skiing and the figure skating.

Japan women's hockey team beat Sweden last night 3-1. Pretty incredible--you'd figure the northern european teams would be very strong. Japan was very fast on the ice. I know it was 20 years ago...Canada (likely the best team in the world) beat Japan in Nagano (1998) 13-0.

View attachment 596746

Now Japan is competing and winning against European teams! Its a testament to the development of the program. Also, it's not as if the Japanese imported a bunch of players from other nations to simply play for them...their team looks to be completely native.

The Japanese women continue their quest tonight against Finland. This is a quarterfinal game. The US punched it's ticket last night to the Semifinals with a win over the Czechs--outshooting them 56-7. The Czech goalie stopped 50+ shots in 60 minutes. Let that sink in....and they still lost. Canada is already there too beating Sweden 11-0. The last game in the quarters is ROC and Switzerland--also decided tonight.

Unless something very unusual happens, Japan/Finland and the winner of ROC/Switzerland will eventuallly face off for the Bronze and the US/Canada will fight it out for the Gold and silver.

The Japanese are sentimental favorites having never medaled in the sport before so I'm pulling for them.

The Japanese women continue their quest tonight against Finland. This is a quarterfinal game. The US punched it's ticket last night to the Semifinals with a win over the Czechs--outshooting them 56-7. The Czech goalie stopped 50+ shots in 60 minutes. Let that sink in....and they still lost. Canada is already there too beating Sweden 11-0. The last game in the quarters is ROC and Switzerland--also decided tonight.

Unless something very unusual happens, Japan/Finland and the winner of ROC/Switzerland will eventuallly face off for the Bronze and the US/Canada will fight it out for the Gold and silver.

The Japanese are sentimental favorites having never medaled in the sport before so I'm pulling for them.
2:08 into the first period... Finland 1-0. Not looking good for Japan.

Forum List

Back