Winter Olympics

Starting tomorrow.
Is there any enthusiasm for it over there ? I must admit I am underwhelmed by it. I dont think we should be taking these events to countries that have such questionable human rights records.
I guess that narrows it down a bit.
The spirit of the games is also questionable. The UK team are all backed by the state and the whole team has a medals target. Its all very cynical and slants the results towards the richer countries who can afford to back this nonsense.
I wont be watching it all.
Can we be honest? I don’t think you guys give a rats ass about human rights violations. Remember the saudis murdered that reporter and trump said nothing? Putin is the devil we do business with him. I truly believe republicans are only bringing up human rights because it’s a midterm.

That said, I don’t give a shit about the Olympics. Boring. Never liked them. When I was a kid you had no choice. It’s was on the channel your favorite shows were on. You only had 5 channels. Today I have my shows dvr’d. 200 channels. Fuck the Olympics. Stupid games. Seriously, games. Not sports. Except hockey

Can we be honest? I don’t think you guys give a rats ass about human rights violations. Remember the saudis murdered that reporter and trump said nothing? Putin is the devil we do business with him. I truly believe republicans are only bringing up human rights because it’s a midterm.

That said, I don’t give a shit about the Olympics. Boring. Never liked them. When I was a kid you had no choice. It’s was on the channel your favorite shows were on. You only had 5 channels. Today I have my shows dvr’d. 200 channels. Fuck the Olympics. Stupid games. Seriously, games. Not sports. Except hockey
Im not a Republican and I do generally agree with you.

Fox News? Naw, not me......haven't watched them other than Gutfeld sometimes when nothing else to watch.
Hey, how you doing with MSNBC? Still getting all those 'facts'?
I listen to their side sometimes yes. They don’t have me boycotting any sports or countries.

Im not a Republican and I do generally agree with you.
Glass houses

What human rights are being violated in America?

Much of the criticism is directed at the existence of systemic racism, weaker labor protections than most western countries, imprisonment of debtors, criminalization of homelessness and poverty, invasion of its citizens' privacy through mass surveillance programs, police brutality, police impunity and corruption

I listen to their side sometimes yes. They don’t have me boycotting any sports or countries.
Nobody but myself have me boycotting sports.
I believe that sports should be politics free, I want to watch a game where
LeBron didn't have 'BLM' on his jersey, I didn't want to watch football players kneeling
when the National Anthem played. I didn't want to watch the Olympics where the
athletes were asked to buy a burner phone because of possible political reprisal.
Perhaps you can understand, but, I really doubt that because of your track record.

There are few events in the Winter Olympics that excite me, although some of them look like fun, and one has to respect the level of commitment and talent that is represented.

The politics of it don't matter to me. Every culture is different, and unless you are talking about literal genocide, it's none of our business.

As for the Olympics in concept, when they muddied the distinction between amateur and professional, I lost interest. When I grew up, the Americans were true amateurs and the Commie countries fielded de facto professionals, and cheated when the opportunities arose. That was unfortunate, but it was interesting to watch.

I will drop in and check on the television coverage from time to time, but I couldn't care less about the medal totals or any of that.

Nobody but myself have me boycotting sports.
I believe that sports should be politics free, I want to watch a game where
LeBron didn't have 'BLM' on his jersey, I didn't want to watch football players kneeling
when the National Anthem played. I didn't want to watch the Olympics where the
athletes were asked to buy a burner phone because of possible political reprisal.
Perhaps you can understand, but, I really doubt that because of your track record.
Fair enough. Back to the Olympics. I can’t believe I’ve always hated the Olympics. I’m a guy who loves sports so you think as a child I would have fallen in love with the Olympics but I never cared. Every competition dumber than the next. Why people bother training for these games is beyond me.

I get track. Let’s see who’s the fastest. I even get wrestling, judo, weight lifting, swimming, let’s see who the strongest and fastest are. I dig that. But 4 women relay? Gay.

I notice the medal count on my home page. But mostly I have not watched it. This morning I did watch some of the biathlons. Why the U.S.A. cannot medal in it I do not know. But it is a sport I would do if I could. I hope the best for all athletes and that no tragedies happen.

Yup. I live a few minutes from Squaw, and preferred the Winter olympics over the summer, but I won't be watching the Genocide Games.
Genocide again? Aren't you the genocide experts of the world? Damn hypocrites.

Forum List

Back