Will we meet our pets in heaven (assuming we qualify ourselves)?

I don't know about anyone else, but my two precious kitties, are waiting to be met by me, at Rainbow Bridge!

The lion will lie down with the lamb... sounds like there are animals in Heaven. Consider Noah et al. Notice when God decided not to destroy the world, he didn't just save man but animals too. Consider Psalm 148. All creatures/creation are invited to praise God.

Praise the LORD from the Heavens

1Hallelujah!a

Praise the LORD from the heavens;

praise Him in the highest places.b

2Praise Him, all His angels;

praise Him, all His heavenly hosts.

3Praise Him, O sun and moon;

praise Him, all you shining stars.

4Praise Him, O highest heavens,

and you waters above the skies.

5Let them praise the name of the LORD,

for He gave the command and they were created.

6He established them forever and ever;

He issued a decree that will never pass away.

7Praise the LORD from the earth,

all great sea creatures and ocean depths,

8lightning and hail, snow and clouds,

powerful wind fulfilling His word,

9mountains and all hills,

fruit trees and all cedars,

10wild animals and all cattle,

crawling creatures and flying birds,

11kings of the earth and all peoples,

princes and all rulers of the earth,

12young men and maidens,

old and young together.

13Let them praise the name of the LORD,

for His name alone is exalted;

His splendor is above the earth and the heavens.

14He has raised up a horn for His people,

the praise of all His saints,

of Israel, a people near to Him.

Hallelujah!
There is that issue of Noah's Ark too.

Why Noah's Ark will never be found​

1712665698397.png
National Geographic
https://www.nationalgeographic.com › magazine › article

Nov 22, 2022 — Noah's Ark is among the best known and most captivating of all Old Testament stories: After creating humans, God became so displeased with ...

Attachments

• 1712665698446.jpeg
    1712665698446.jpeg
    2.7 KB · Views: 0
THAT would be up to my dogs.
If they aren't allowed in, I'm not going.

Everyone seems to think they have a choice AFTER they die.

As C.S. Lewis said: "today is the day of choosing."

Once you die it is entirely too late.

There is that issue of Noah's Ark too.

Why Noah's Ark will never be found

View attachment 929550
National Geographic
https://www.nationalgeographic.com › magazine › article

Nov 22, 2022 — Noah's Ark is among the best known and most captivating of all Old Testament stories: After creating humans, God became so displeased with ...

God saved these animals to repopulate the Earth, not for the purposes of Heaven. There is no doubt animals are good. He created them and called them Good. The question is: do they have the necessary qualifications to be in Heaven.

Why wouldn't you?
We have choices on earth.

Already posted in this thread. Too many people are hedging their bets: well, let's see how this all plays out later--if I'm wrong I'll just apologize or accept God then and then He will let me in.

No, it's too late after you die. Sadly.

Paul says eye has not seen and ear has not heard what God has waiting for those who love Him. We are called to love God above all things. It is ok to love his creation but not to love the created over the creator. Bottom line is, we don't know if our pets are in Heaven.

Personally, I think they will be there. Why? Love. As Jesus says, if you who are evil know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in Heaven give you....

Paul says eye has not seen and ear has not heard what God has waiting for those who love Him. We are called to love God above all things. It is ok to love his creation but not to love the created over the creator. Bottom line is, we don't know if our pets are in Heaven.

Personally, I think they will be there. Why? Love. As Jesus says, if you who are evil know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in Heaven give you....

This is also a very good answer, with the right heart for God behind it. I disagree but cannot rule it out.

What I read mostly in this thread is, If my dog in not in Heaven I don't want to go. Sigh.

Already posted in this thread. Too many people are hedging their bets: well, let's see how this all plays out later--if I'm wrong I'll just apologize or accept God
What?
I thought people were supposed to accept Jesus?
I keep reading/hearing about that.
Are they wrong?
then and then He will let me in.
What if "God" is a woman?
They are the humans that give life.
Or an animal?
Or a tree?

After all, both have the capacity to live longer than humans.
Some more, some less.
Why didn't "God" give us this capacity?
No, it's too late after you die. Sadly.
Well then, so be it.

This is also a very good answer, with the right heart for God behind it. I disagree but cannot rule it out.

What I read mostly in this thread is, If my dog in not in Heaven I don't want to go. Sigh.
THAT would be correct.

What?
I thought people were supposed to accept Jesus?
I keep reading/hearing about that.
Are they wrong?

What if "God" is a woman?
They are the humans that give life.
Or an animal?
Or a tree?

After all, both have the capacity to live longer than humans.
Some more, some less.
Why didn't "God" give us this capacity?

Well then, so be it.

The only way you can be in Heaven with God is to accept Jesus. No amount of "good deeds" will do, since nothing will achieve the perfect holiness of God, which is necessary to be in God's presence.

People think that's somehow exclusionary or something, but it's exactly the opposite. The thief on the cross was dying for his crimes, but acknowledged Jesus as Savior and Lord and Jesus told him "today you will be with me in paradise".

Christianity is admitting that nothing you do will put you on par, or even close, to a holy God. It makes all Christians equally condemned without Christ. It's the great equalizer. We are all hypocrites, all sinners, and we know it. That is WHY we are Christian.

Forum List

Back