Will we meet our pets in heaven (assuming we qualify ourselves)?

i would tend to disagree. if god created these pets, it was no mistake or temptation.

if you can not love a dog or a cat, how can you ever love a human? perhaps they teach us to love.?

Wanted to add this:

Pets are, of course, animals. Some are caring or clever, or funny and are great companions. And although they do require an amount of work, time and sacrifice, it is not like marriage, or taking care of aging parents, or raising children.

Love is not meant to be just a warm, comforting ball of fur. Jesus took His love to the Cross and died for a bunch of miscreants like us, who don't even come close to deserving it. He died a horrid, pitiable death.

Our society--we just don't seem to understand sacrificial love. We'd rather love dogs and cats and hang out with them. Not a remark on anyone here personally, just something I've noticed overall for years.

Vastator
that question took me back as well.

if heaven can be refused, can i refuse to go to hell, and instead wander the universe as a disconnected spirit? doesn't sound right.

The Bible says, when Jesus returns, EVERY KNEE WILL BOW. You will know then--everyone will know. Some to joy, some to sorrow, some to worse, probably.

The time for choosing then is over. You will have already chosen.

Wanted to add this:

Pets are, of course, animals. Some are caring or clever, or funny and are great companions. And although they do require an amount of work, time and sacrifice, it is not like marriage, or taking care of aging parents, or raising children.

Love is not meant to be just a warm, comforting ball of fur. Jesus took His love to the Cross and died for a bunch of miscreants like us, who don't even come close to deserving it. He died a horrid, pitiable death.

Our society--we just don't seem to understand sacrificial love. We'd rather love dogs and cats and hang out with them. Not a remark on anyone here personally, just something I've noticed overall for years.
Many a pet has given their lives for their master...

Last edited:
Well there is Biblical precedent for a change of heart, or dissatisfaction with heaven. What happens should a human arrive at such a point?

Hebrews 9:27--For it is given man once to die, AND THEN THE JUDGMENT.

Yes, people can and DO change their minds while alive (thank God). But when you die, it is too late.

Many a pet has given their lives for there master...

You are free to adore and worship animals. You are free to do whatever you like (within reason) while you are alive. I'm just telling you why, from a Christian perspective, there are no animals in heaven.

What would be amazing is that my two female Mini Aussies would get along with each other, a thing that would ever happen on this plane!

I look forward to seeing my deceased pets on the other side.

We have the same breed.
20220827_183409.jpg

Unlike other breeders, this one doesn't crop tails.
I couldn't imagine him without it.

Given the unknowns about life and the "physical" universe, the possibility that every expression of life somehow continues cannot be excluded. How human consciousness of it all plays in is even more obscure.

Then it isn't Heaven, in my view.
Not that any human can know one way or another anyways.

Well here's what I mean. Worship your animals, make jokes about raunchy images of women, who are made in the image of God.

Heaven is for the perfect.

No one is. No one but the Trinity. We gain imputed righteousness through Jesus Christ. To my knowledge, pets are unable to make this decision.

Do I think then that God dooms them to Hell? Not at all. But neither do I think they are in Heaven. After all, they're part of sinful creation just as we are.

It's so sad that in the 21st century we love our pets MORE than people. But we are so corrupt, even though I disagree, I understand it.
Adam and Eve original sin was passed to humans, not animals?

The lion will lie down with the lamb... sounds like there are animals in Heaven. Consider Noah et al. Notice when God decided not to destroy the world, he didn't just save man but animals too. Consider Psalm 148. All creatures/creation are invited to praise God.

Praise the LORD from the Heavens

1Hallelujah!a

Praise the LORD from the heavens;

praise Him in the highest places.b

2Praise Him, all His angels;

praise Him, all His heavenly hosts.

3Praise Him, O sun and moon;

praise Him, all you shining stars.

4Praise Him, O highest heavens,

and you waters above the skies.

5Let them praise the name of the LORD,

for He gave the command and they were created.

6He established them forever and ever;

He issued a decree that will never pass away.

7Praise the LORD from the earth,

all great sea creatures and ocean depths,

8lightning and hail, snow and clouds,

powerful wind fulfilling His word,

9mountains and all hills,

fruit trees and all cedars,

10wild animals and all cattle,

crawling creatures and flying birds,

11kings of the earth and all peoples,

princes and all rulers of the earth,

12young men and maidens,

old and young together.

13Let them praise the name of the LORD,

for His name alone is exalted;

His splendor is above the earth and the heavens.

14He has raised up a horn for His people,

the praise of all His saints,

of Israel, a people near to Him.

Hallelujah!

Forum List

Back