Will we meet our pets in heaven (assuming we qualify ourselves)?

Billy Grahm answer:

God will provide us with everything we need to be happy in Heaven -- and if animals are necessary to make us completely happy there, you can be confident He will arrange for them to be with us.
Some Bible scholars have pointed out that the Bible suggests there may be animals in Heaven -- but without the aggressiveness and dangers that are part of their lives now. The prophet Isaiah saw God's coming Kingdom as a place of absolute peace, where even animals that had once been enemies will be friends. He wrote, "The wolf will live with the lamb, the leopard will lie down with the goat, the calf and the lion and the yearling together; and a little child will lead them" (Isaiah 11:6).

This is also a very good answer, with the right heart for God behind it. I disagree but cannot rule it out.

What I read mostly in this thread is, If my dog in not in Heaven I don't want to go. Sigh.
I can understand their point though. I have always been surrounded by animals and birds. Their presence is as natural to me as breathing. If none of them are in Heaven, and I get in, I will miss them just as I will miss some people I have known and loved who didn't get into Heaven.

Jesus said there will be no more tears... Many people feel strongly that no pets ever again would be tear inducing! I'm left with the comfort that God knows what He's doing and to trust in Him.

The only way you can be in Heaven with God is to accept Jesus.
Really?

World Religions - Statistics & Facts​

1712667445653.png
Statista
https://www.statista.com › Society › Religion

Generally speaking, Buddhism, Christianity, Hinduism, Islam, and Judaism are considered the five major world religions, although Sikhism, Shintoism, or Taoism ...

No amount of "good deeds" will do, since nothing will achieve the perfect holiness of God, which is necessary to be in God's presence.
So you can rob banks and beat your wife, 6 days a week, but on Sunday you can repent and be OK?
People think that's somehow exclusionary or something, but it's exactly the opposite. The thief on the cross was dying for his crimes, but acknowledged Jesus as Savior and Lord and Jesus told him "today you will be with me in paradise".
Wasn't Jesus the one on the cross?
Christianity is admitting that nothing you do will put you on par, or even close, to a holy God.
But somehow, you meet HIM at the pearly gates?
It makes all Christians equally condemned without Christ. It's the great equalizer. We are all hypocrites, all sinners, and we know it. That is WHY we are Christian.
We sure live up to that.

No, actually. The entire creation fell. Animals in Eden lived in harmony before the fall. When sin entered, so did death--for all creatures.
No, original sin was NOT passed on to animals.

They are not given The Law, they have no ability to reason. There is no sin in animals, only instinct....they are made in the image of themselves, their own kind. We are made in the image of God with reasoning and knowledge capabilities.

For Animals after Adam and Eve's betrayal, life changed, yes. But at no fault of their own. Sin is what separates us from God. Animals can't break the Law, they weren't given the Law. They can't sin....there is no sin in the animal kingdom....only humans can sin.

The short answer is YES! There is no doubt in my mind that our pets and other animals will be in heaven. This is not just my opinion, there is a solid biblical case for it.

Coincidently, I was just talking about this topic on another thread, if anyone wants to read that post here.

431307386-417859150920335-7043441211192652588-n.jpg

Last edited:
And if any Christian is wondering how they will get to heaven if they can't understand the Gospel and receive Jesus? They don't have to. Just like babies and small children don't have to but will still be in heaven, because they are innocent! They aren't the ones who sinned in the Garden, that was us.

The short answer is YES! There is no doubt in my mind that our pets and other animals will be in heaven. This is just not my opinion, there is a solid biblical case for it.

Coincidently, I was just talking about this topic on another thread, if anyone wants to read that post here.

431307386-417859150920335-7043441211192652588-n.jpg
Wouldn't be "Heaven" to me without them.

I can understand their point though. I have always been surrounded by animals and birds. Their presence is as natural to me as breathing. If none of them are in Heaven, and I get in, I will miss them just as I will miss some people I have known and loved who didn't get into Heaven.

Jesus said there will be no more tears... Many people feel strongly that no pets ever again would be tear inducing! I'm left with the comfort that God knows what He's doing and to trust in Him.

The glory to come--the glory of the Lord--will be such that we won't miss anything here. That's what I have learned.

Billy Grahm answer:

God will provide us with everything we need to be happy in Heaven -- and if animals are necessary to make us completely happy there, you can be confident He will arrange for them to be with us.
Some Bible scholars have pointed out that the Bible suggests there may be animals in Heaven -- but without the aggressiveness and dangers that are part of their lives now. The prophet Isaiah saw God's coming Kingdom as a place of absolute peace, where even animals that had once been enemies will be friends. He wrote, "The wolf will live with the lamb, the leopard will lie down with the goat, the calf and the lion and the yearling together; and a little child will lead them" (Isaiah 11:6).
I like his answer.
There should be room for all sentient creatures. Our mistake is assuming we are the pinnacle of conciousness. We underestimate the intelligence, awareness and emotional empathy of many species which have been around far longer than us.

Forum List

Back