Will we meet our pets in heaven (assuming we qualify ourselves)?

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Any opinions in this? Any bibical support for this? Anyone experience a visit from a pet who was no longer of this earth?

Any opinions in this? Any bibical support for this? Anyone experience a visit from a pet who was no longer of this earth?
there is a great twilight zone on that subject. the ol' coon hunter and his dog are drowned during the night.

as they walk into the light they encouner an angelic guide who offers hospitality to the old man, but refuses the dog.

" no thanks, me an ol' blue will keep walking together to the other place."

there is a great twilight zone on that subject. the ol' coon hunter and his dog are drowned during the night.

as they walk into the light they encouner an angelic guide who offers hospitality to the old man, but refuses the dog.

" no thanks, me an ol' blue will keep walking together to the other place."
Yup.
If there isn't a place for pets that love us unconditionally, it wouldn't really be Heaven.

Yes, we will. The justification is the non-sinful passion for that in some simple God-loving good folks.
The answer by its nature cannot be DE FIDE

De fide (Latin) adj (R.C. Church) (of a doctrine) belonging to the essentials of the faith, esp. by virtue of a papal ruling

The pets deserve it more than we do.
But I hope there is a place where we can take walks and play ball for eternity.

Liking animals more than humans is not a good sign.

The fact that our entire society is going in that direction is a very bad sign indeed.

Screenshot_20240409_064303_Google.jpg

Which brings to mind a question I've always wondered about... What happens if one gets granted admission to Heaven, but decides they don't want in..?

i would tend to disagree. if god created these pets, it was no mistake or temptation.

if you can not love a dog or a cat, how can you ever love a human? perhaps they teach us to love.?

Heaven is for the perfect.

No one is. No one but the Trinity. We gain imputed righteousness through Jesus Christ. To my knowledge, pets are unable to make this decision.

Do I think then that God dooms them to Hell? Not at all. But neither do I think they are in Heaven. After all, they're part of sinful creation just as we are.

It's so sad that in the 21st century we love our pets MORE than people. But we are so corrupt, even though I disagree, I understand it.

Which brings to mind a question I've always wondered about... What happens if one gets granted admission to Heaven, but decides they don't want in..?

?????

If you don't want to be in Heaven, you won't go.

Love for God is the firstfruits of salvation. If you don't have it, you're not saved.

at least i'll never have to make that choice.

?????

Love for God is the firstfruits of salvation. If you don't have it, you're not saved.
I'm talking about a last second change of heart about going. Like if one saw something they didn't particularly like once they were actually there.

I'm talking about a last second change of heart about going. Like if one saw something they didn't particularly like once they were actually there.

I mean....from a Christian perspective this is impossible. The Bible says Jesus keeps our salvation, He has our eternity, and nothing will "snatch (us) out of (His) hand"....John 10:28-29

?????

Vastator
that question took me back as well.

if heaven can be refused, can i refuse to go to hell, and instead wander the universe as a disconnected spirit? doesn't sound right.

I mean....from a Christian perspective this is impossible. The Bible says Jesus keeps our salvation, He has our eternity, and nothing will "snatch (us) out of (His) hand"....John 10:28-29
Well there is Biblical precedent for a change of heart, or dissatisfaction with heaven. What happens should a human arrive at such a point?

The pets deserve it more than we do.
But I hope there is a place where we can take walks and play ball for eternity.

What would be amazing is that my two female Mini Aussies would get along with each other, a thing that would ever happen on this plane!

I look forward to seeing my deceased pets on the other side.

Forum List

Back