Why we should legalize pot?

dirkdiggler

Rookie
Nov 19, 2010
The legalization of Marijuana could serve as a quick fix to the nation's reeling economy. The state of Calfornia takes in millions of dollars each year largely in part to the taxation of Marijuana. If other states would adopt similiar measures the benfits from taxation would help create jobs and help stimlute the local economy. Most offenders who are arrested for simple possession of Marijuana place a heavy burden on taxpayers, the legal system and law enforcement. Today, many of our prisons are filled with those serving 5 years or more who were arrested for charges relating to Marijuana while those spaces should be reserved for the more hardened and violent criminals. I believe that by decriminalizing Marijuana you will also make a substantial difference in the war on drugs by crippling the drug cartels. I liken it to prohibition and alcohol, once alcohol became legal crime was reduced and it took away a huge monetary resource for the mafia.

It's all about freedom from the nanny state and the Jesus freaks.
Pot is way less dangerous than beer & cigs, yet you see republicans lining up to support tabacco companies.

The legalization of Marijuana could serve as a quick fix to the nation's reeling economy. The state of Calfornia takes in millions of dollars each year largely in part to the taxation of Marijuana. If other states would adopt similiar measures the benfits from taxation would help create jobs and help stimlute the local economy. Most offenders who are arrested for simple possession of Marijuana place a heavy burden on taxpayers, the legal system and law enforcement. Today, many of our prisons are filled with those serving 5 years or more who were arrested for charges relating to Marijuana while those spaces should be reserved for the more hardened and violent criminals. I believe that by decriminalizing Marijuana you will also make a substantial difference in the war on drugs by crippling the drug cartels. I liken it to prohibition and alcohol, once alcohol became legal crime was reduced and it took away a huge monetary resource for the mafia.

Every pro-legalization argument has been beaten into horse mush for years. The logic and stats are in its favor. But not much is going to happen at the Fed level as long as the incarceration industry has as much influence as it does now. A lot of jobs and funding would be lost if all weights of weed became completely legal.

It's only a matter of time, more people voted for legalization than ever before. 15 states now have medical MJ. Even Palin/Paul know we have better things to do with our resources.

The economic boom available would crush the prison industry's contribution. Cali sells more Bud than wine, only a fraction gets taxed.

Becuase the consequences of the laws harm society more than the effects of marijuana use does.

But that being said.....

There are too many people profiting from it while it is illegal. Not just the supplier but the police departments and the prison industry see marijuana prohibition as a major cash cow. They will not relenquish their cow so easily. They are willing to fighten the fuck out of anyone who will buy their often repeated bullshit propaganda as reported by the so called liberal media.

The greatest cartoon, I think was in Penthouse in the 70's. Two cops were talking to each other after beating the shit out of a bunch of pot smoking hippies. One said to the other:

"I smoked marijuana once, it made me want to rape and kill!"

Pot is way less dangerous than beer & cigs, yet you see republicans lining up to support tabacco companies.

Yes but beer and cigs already (legally) exist, pot doesn't.

I smoked pot once and it made me kill my whole family and set my genitals on fire.

...or was that the day my TV was stuck on Lifetime. I can't remember.

I smoked pot once and it made me kill my whole family and set my genitals on fire.

...or was that the day my TV was stuck on Lifetime. I can't remember.

Maybe you were watching Lifetime while stoned? I've made that mistake once or twice. Those plot lines are deep and moving when weed is on the brane. :eusa_angel:

I agree pot should be legalized. Anything to prevent the canard that is "Medical Marijuana".

I am more than sick of the banal "let's legalize pot" threads.

I see we have reached out three-a-week quota, replete with all the usual talking points.

If it didn't happen in California, it sure as shit isn't happening anywhere else. The time will come, it just isn't this time. Maybe in the next decade.

Every pro-legalization argument has been beaten into horse mush for years. The logic and stats are in its favor. But not much is going to happen at the Fed level as long as the incarceration industry has as much influence as it does now. A lot of jobs and funding would be lost if all weights of weed became completely legal.

This is actually a pretty good theory for its continued illegality, but doesn't really even scratch the surface in reality.

This ignores the pharmaceutical industry's potential for losses, not to mention all the industries that would suffer from hemp industrialization.

This is actually a pretty good theory for its continued illegality, but doesn't really even scratch the surface in reality.

This ignores the pharmaceutical industry's potential for losses, not to mention all the industries that would suffer from hemp industrialization.

But think of the boost McDonalds would get in their stock prices.

Yes, there's a whole shitload of reasons I could have brought up. I don't feel like getting into all that, because it's all been hashed out so many times. At this point I'm just waiting for the D.A.R.E do-gooder troll to show up so it can get beat down with facts and logic.

:popcorn:

But think of the boost McDonalds would get in their stock prices.

Back in the day I actually had a chick that worked the drive-thru that I got weed from. I could pick up my shit, and she would even hook me up with free food.

Matter of fact, I knew another guy that worked a different Mcd drive thru that I got weed from too.

Why would a McD employee need to supplement their income?

Yes, there's a whole shitload of reasons I could have brought up. I don't feel like getting into all that, because it's all been hashed out so many times. At this point I'm just waiting for the D.A.R.E do-gooder troll to show up so it can get beat down with facts and logic.

:popcorn:

Hashed out!! Good pun!!

Yes.......they're evil. Those Republicans.

Tobacco provides a lot of revenue dude. Screwing them is just gonna increase the deficit.

I doubt the pharmaceuticals would suffer much. There isn't a lot of good evidenced based medicine for MJ as a medical remedy for much else than an appetite stimulant for HIV or Chemo patients.

It does a phenomenal job for that indication, the rest of the things it is being used for (i.e. anxiety and fibromyalgia) are just bullshit excuses for people to get weed.

No wonder there wasn't a sense of urgency in California. If you are Doctor, you can also be someone's pot dealer if you just lose your sense of medical ethics.

You have a poor understanding of economics if you think that a single new product legally on the market is going to help, and you have a poor understanding of medicine if you think marijuana would be used for ANYTHING past HIV and maybe cancer.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back