Why the inner cities in the USA sucks

BlueJay28

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2014
Somebody asked me why the inner cities in the USA sucks.

This is what I said.

Education is very important, not only is it knowledge, and a skill set, and job skills, etc... but it is also life skills, coping skills, and one's expectations for themselves, and their ability to work with other people.
Education is very important not just for knowledge, but also for Brain development, and even brain function, and because it is important for brain development and brain function, the need for education is everything about a person, because the brain is everything about a person.

With that said, the educated refuse to live in the inner city, because the educated have higher expectations for both themselves, and for other people, and the Suburbs have a much, much, much higher standard of living, and a cleaner environment, and because the educated refuse to live in the inner cities, the people in the inner cities are less well educated, and they don't have the money, therefore there is no money to be made in the inner cities.

So who does that leave in the inner cities ?
It leaves those without the education and without the money, in the inner cities without the professional resources to gain either one or both.

And that is the reason why those in the inner cities often live high risk lifestyles, and commit the crimes, because they simply don't know any better, and also, because their education is less, their brain doesn't function quite as well, so they also don't care... even if they do know about the risks involved about how they are living and the risks involved when you commit crimes.

Its all caused by the separation between educated professionals, and blue collar workers.

This is what I said.

Education is very important, not only is it knowledge, and a skill set, and job skills, etc... but it is also life skills, coping skills, and one's expectations for themselves, and their ability to work with other people.
Education is very important not just for knowledge, but also for Brain development, and even brain function, and because it is important for brain development and brain function, the need for education is everything about a person, because the brain is everything about a person.

With that said, the educated refuse to live in the inner city, because the educated have higher expectations for both themselves, and for other people, and the Suburbs have a much, much, much higher standard of living, and a cleaner environment, and because the educated refuse to live in the inner cities, the people in the inner cities are less well educated, and they don't have the money, therefore there is no money to be made in the inner cities.

It leaves those without the education and without the money, in the inner cities without the professional resources to gain either one or both.

And that is the reason why those in the inner cities often live high risk lifestyles, and commit the crimes, because they simply don't know any better, and also, because their education is less, their brain doesn't function quite as well, so they also don't care... even if they do know about the risks involved about how they are living and the risks involved when you commit crimes.

Its all caused by the separation between educated professionals, and blue collar workers.
High taxes to feed social programs which feed on themselves. Politicians who view public service as a career that has the sole purpose of self enrichment.
American urban centers are places of social engineering experiments which over the last 50 years have shown to be miserable failures.
Cities are places where government displays the text book definition of insanity. That is to continually do the same things over and over and expect a different result.
American cities are places where public education costs the most per student yet accomplishes the least.
Despite the high taxes maintenance and infrastructure crumble. The politicians scream for more and higher taxes.
The overly simplistic answer is most American cities are run by liberals, but in forums such as these, those that utter such words are immediately set upon for expressing these facts.
I give up.....At this point, I have no desire to argue the point. Most American cities are cesspools of crime, decadence, poverty, incivility and havens for many human vices.
Now, watch this....

Actually, many if not most cities are gentrifying. That's the left wing, democrat euphemism for wealthy white privileged people pricing blacks out of the neighborhood. When less privileged, less wealthy, non-democrat whites do that it's called racism.

This is what I said.

"With that said, the educated refuse to live in the inner city, because the educated have higher expectations for both themselves, and for other people, and the Suburbs have a much, much, much higher standard of living, and a cleaner environment, and because the educated refuse to live in the inner cities, the people in the inner cities are less well educated, and they don't have the money, therefore there is no money to be made in the inner cities."

Why aren't we educating the people who live in the inner cities?

I'd suggest asking Professor Eric J Segall of the Georgia State University School of Law. He writes of the history of Supreme Court decisions since Brown v BOE that served to effectively legalize segregation (economic class) when it comes to public education in America.

I'm going to avoid the whole brain function, 'they don't know any better ", part of your theory as it is too far off the mark to take seriously.

All that is needed is to level the playing field.....create a system that guarantees a quality education ( funding, facilities, access ) for all citizens regardless of station or location. Free higher education for all is a component of that system. As are adult education programs, vocational training and parenting/early childhood development training.

Inner cities can thrive.

This is what I said.

"With that said, the educated refuse to live in the inner city, because the educated have higher expectations for both themselves, and for other people, and the Suburbs have a much, much, much higher standard of living, and a cleaner environment, and because the educated refuse to live in the inner cities, the people in the inner cities are less well educated, and they don't have the money, therefore there is no money to be made in the inner cities."

I'd suggest asking Professor Eric J Segall of the Georgia State University School of Law. He writes of the history of Supreme Court decisions since Brown v BOE that served to effectively legalize segregation (economic class) when it comes to public education in America.

I'm going to avoid the whole brain function, 'they don't know any better ", part of your theory as it is too far off the mark to take seriously.

All that is needed is to level the playing field.....create a system that guarantees a quality education ( funding, facilities, access ) for all citizens regardless of station or location. Free higher education for all is a component of that system. As are adult education programs, vocational training and parenting/early childhood development training.

Inner cities can thrive.
DC schools spent more money per student than any other school system in the country and still had some of the worst results.
It ain't about money. It's about family structure.

This is what I said.

Inner cities can thrive.
DC schools spent more money per student than any other school system in the country and still had some of the worst results.

Its about many things. Money is one of them. But....whether or not one's parents are educated is probably more important.

Nutters have been trying to stop low income people from becoming educated for decades. Some kinds of low income people for centuries.

This is what I said.

Inner cities can thrive.

Because those in the inner cities don't have the resources to gain an education.
Far too many people live in the inner cities, and teachers are educated professionals that can do better for themselves than the living conditions that exist in the inner cities.

Putting that many human beings in such close proximity is rarely a good idea in the first place.
We humans are not programmed to live like sardines
Tokyo is a lot more crowded than many of our inner cities but have far less crime

I wonder if you can hazard a guess as to why that is?
My best guess and you are not going to like it, is because they are dealing basically with only one race.
Where are in the United States we are dealing with diversity not homogeneity

"Tokyo is a lot more crowded than many of our inner cities but have far less crime."

Beyond apples and oranges. I lived in Japan for two years. The Japanese culture reinforces a strong work ethic, a fanatical devotion to education, positive peer pressure, a sense of obligation to better their society (which they are proud of) and most of all, strong families.

And unlike our inner cities, they value honor and they have a sense of shame.

Just a tad different.

This is what I said.

Inner cities can thrive.

People are also not meant to live in a dictatorship, nor as sardines.

This is what I said.

Inner cities can thrive.
Ok. using the professor's theory, which asks questions rather than offers solutions, I put it to you.....How is the process by which people are desegregated by economic class supposed to take place?
Social engineering by transportation was a failure. Is it your premise that the same methods be tried only this time the criteria is moving people around against their will to create a 'mixed bag' of economic classes in one area? Guess what? That was attempted as well. It is called 'involuntary annexation'...A process where cities could at the mere stroke of a pen "reach out and grab" people who for a variety of reasons elected to reside outside the central cities. The result was the development of exurbs.
No matter what government does to satisfy its desires to create that mythical level playing field, people will find ways to escape from it.
Billions and billions of dollars have been spent on these social engineering experiments with disastrous results.

This is what I said.

Inner cities can thrive.

Its about many things. Money is one of them. But....whether or not one's parents are educated is probably more important.

Nutters have been trying to stop low income people from becoming educated for decades. Some kinds of low income people for centuries.
Oh please..That is a straw man argument....Meaningless reactionary drivel.

Forum List

Back