Why the inner cities in the USA sucks

Putting that many human beings in such close proximity is rarely a good idea in the first place.
We humans are not programmed to live like sardines
Tokyo is a lot more crowded than many of our inner cities but have far less crime

I wonder if you can hazard a guess as to why that is?
My best guess and you are not going to like it, is because they are dealing basically with only one race.
Where are in the United States we are dealing with diversity not homogeneity

That is ridiculous. It isn't a matter of liking it or not. It's just stupid.

"Tokyo is a lot more crowded than many of our inner cities but have far less crime."

Beyond apples and oranges. I lived in Japan for two years. The Japanese culture reinforces a strong work ethic, a fanatical devotion to education, positive peer pressure, a sense of obligation to better their society (which they are proud of) and most of all, strong families.

And unlike our inner cities, they value honor and they have a sense of shame.

Just a tad different.

I lived
Somebody asked me why the inner cities in the USA sucks.

This is what I said.

Education is very important, not only is it knowledge, and a skill set, and job skills, etc... but it is also life skills, coping skills, and one's expectations for themselves, and their ability to work with other people.
Education is very important not just for knowledge, but also for Brain development, and even brain function, and because it is important for brain development and brain function, the need for education is everything about a person, because the brain is everything about a person.

With that said, the educated refuse to live in the inner city, because the educated have higher expectations for both themselves, and for other people, and the Suburbs have a much, much, much higher standard of living, and a cleaner environment, and because the educated refuse to live in the inner cities, the people in the inner cities are less well educated, and they don't have the money, therefore there is no money to be made in the inner cities.

So who does that leave in the inner cities ?
It leaves those without the education and without the money, in the inner cities without the professional resources to gain either one or both.

And that is the reason why those in the inner cities often live high risk lifestyles, and commit the crimes, because they simply don't know any better, and also, because their education is less, their brain doesn't function quite as well, so they also don't care... even if they do know about the risks involved about how they are living and the risks involved when you commit crimes.

Its all caused by the separation between educated professionals, and blue collar workers.

"With that said, the educated refuse to live in the inner city, because the educated have higher expectations for both themselves, and for other people, and the Suburbs have a much, much, much higher standard of living, and a cleaner environment, and because the educated refuse to live in the inner cities, the people in the inner cities are less well educated, and they don't have the money, therefore there is no money to be made in the inner cities."

Why aren't we educating the people who live in the inner cities?

I'd suggest asking Professor Eric J Segall of the Georgia State University School of Law. He writes of the history of Supreme Court decisions since Brown v BOE that served to effectively legalize segregation (economic class) when it comes to public education in America.

I'm going to avoid the whole brain function, 'they don't know any better ", part of your theory as it is too far off the mark to take seriously.

All that is needed is to level the playing field.....create a system that guarantees a quality education ( funding, facilities, access ) for all citizens regardless of station or location. Free higher education for all is a component of that system. As are adult education programs, vocational training and parenting/early childhood development training.

Inner cities can thrive.
DC schools spent more money per student than any other school system in the country and still had some of the worst results.
It ain't about money. It's about family structure.

Its about many things. Money is one of them. But....whether or not one's parents are educated is probably more important.

Nutters have been trying to stop low income people from becoming educated for decades. Some kinds of low income people for centuries.
Oh please..That is a straw man argument....Meaningless reactionary drivel.

You have no idea what a strawman argument is. Try again.

"Tokyo is a lot more crowded than many of our inner cities but have far less crime."

Beyond apples and oranges. I lived in Japan for two years. The Japanese culture reinforces a strong work ethic, a fanatical devotion to education, positive peer pressure, a sense of obligation to better their society (which they are proud of) and most of all, strong families.

Just a tad different.

Hmmmm. Two years, huh? What were you doing there, if I may ask?

Seriously OP? The reason why it sucks is the dumb fucks vote for democrats

Just a tad different.
I believe you have the correct answer. None of which can be can be found in American inner cities.

Just a tad different.

You got it! They value honor and have a sense of shame. Our people value nothing but what hey can get free and have a sense of entitlement. It would take decades to change it, but it could be done by stopping the welfare and SSI circles to those who are not disabled.

Give them a two year warning and then it ends for those who are able bodied. It will take years to instill a sense of pride for those people to become part of society again.

As for the education, no more social promotions. The students pass/fail on their own accomplishments. Parents have no say on retentions. Students stay in school until the graduate. K-3 is strictly reading, math and language. Everyone is on grade level or above by the time they enter fourth grade and start with science, geography and history.

With that said, the educated refuse to live in the inner city, because the educated have higher expectations for both themselves, and for other people, and the Suburbs have a much, much, much higher standard of living, and a cleaner environment, and because the educated refuse to live in the inner cities, the people in the inner cities are less well educated, and they don't have the money, therefore there is no money to be made in the inner cities..

How does that explain inner city neighborhoods that become trendy 'gentrifying' areas among young professionals?

You guys never fail. Every issue boils down to you arrogantly dumping on "them". "They" are worthless. Takers.

Have you any idea how strong the social safety net is is Japan?

You think we are PC? Holy shit! You've no idea.

That sense of honor that you long for just might have something to do with the each person being thought of as a valuable piece of the pie. Ever think of it that way?

You fuckers are looking at it from the wrong angle. As usual.

Just a tad different.

I lived
Somebody asked me why the inner cities in the USA sucks.

This is what I said.

Education is very important, not only is it knowledge, and a skill set, and job skills, etc... but it is also life skills, coping skills, and one's expectations for themselves, and their ability to work with other people.
Education is very important not just for knowledge, but also for Brain development, and even brain function, and because it is important for brain development and brain function, the need for education is everything about a person, because the brain is everything about a person.

With that said, the educated refuse to live in the inner city, because the educated have higher expectations for both themselves, and for other people, and the Suburbs have a much, much, much higher standard of living, and a cleaner environment, and because the educated refuse to live in the inner cities, the people in the inner cities are less well educated, and they don't have the money, therefore there is no money to be made in the inner cities.

So who does that leave in the inner cities ?
It leaves those without the education and without the money, in the inner cities without the professional resources to gain either one or both.

And that is the reason why those in the inner cities often live high risk lifestyles, and commit the crimes, because they simply don't know any better, and also, because their education is less, their brain doesn't function quite as well, so they also don't care... even if they do know about the risks involved about how they are living and the risks involved when you commit crimes.

Its all caused by the separation between educated professionals, and blue collar workers.

"With that said, the educated refuse to live in the inner city, because the educated have higher expectations for both themselves, and for other people, and the Suburbs have a much, much, much higher standard of living, and a cleaner environment, and because the educated refuse to live in the inner cities, the people in the inner cities are less well educated, and they don't have the money, therefore there is no money to be made in the inner cities."

I'd suggest asking Professor Eric J Segall of the Georgia State University School of Law. He writes of the history of Supreme Court decisions since Brown v BOE that served to effectively legalize segregation (economic class) when it comes to public education in America.

I'm going to avoid the whole brain function, 'they don't know any better ", part of your theory as it is too far off the mark to take seriously.

All that is needed is to level the playing field.....create a system that guarantees a quality education ( funding, facilities, access ) for all citizens regardless of station or location. Free higher education for all is a component of that system. As are adult education programs, vocational training and parenting/early childhood development training.

Inner cities can thrive.
DC schools spent more money per student than any other school system in the country and still had some of the worst results.

Its about many things. Money is one of them. But....whether or not one's parents are educated is probably more important.

Nutters have been trying to stop low income people from becoming educated for decades. Some kinds of low income people for centuries.

No...I am spot on. Your argument is specious.

Just a tad different.

I lived

Inner cities can thrive.

No...I am spot on. Your argument is specious.

You are awesome! Way to strengthen your position!

Inner cities can thrive.

What you want is to 'guarantee' outcomes, which is impossible.

There is no such thing as "free" education of any sort.

Most inner city areas have a great number and variety of adult education, vocational training, and parenting/early childhood development training programs already.

With that said, the educated refuse to live in the inner city, because the educated have higher expectations for both themselves, and for other people, and the Suburbs have a much, much, much higher standard of living, and a cleaner environment, and because the educated refuse to live in the inner cities, the people in the inner cities are less well educated, and they don't have the money, therefore there is no money to be made in the inner cities..

How does that explain inner city neighborhoods that become trendy 'gentrifying' areas among young professionals?

Inner cities are no more popular amongst young professionals, than amongst professionals of any age group, because there is no money in it.

Putting that many human beings in such close proximity is rarely a good idea in the first place.
Tokyo is a lot more crowded than many of our inner cities but have far less crime

I wonder if you can hazard a guess as to why that is?
My best guess and you are not going to like it, is because they are dealing basically with only one race.
Where are in the United States we are dealing with diversity not homogeneity

Idiot

Plain and simple. Investment in real estate in these places is advantageous. Eventually though, the values level off. The owners sell out. And the trend starts downward again.
BTW, these "gentrified" ( racist buzz term aimed at Caucasians) neighborhoods are insular. The people that live there make sure their local politicians offer heavier police presence. Purchase expensive and technologically advanced security systems, hire private security companies with powers of arrest and the right to carry and use weapons. These people rarely interact with those outside the enclave.
There is such a neighborhood in a nearby city here. The crime there which had decreased for a number of years, has now begun to increase. There are many properties for sale.
In ant event, it's artificial. Housing is just one component of revitalization of a neighborhood. If commercial redevelopment is not present, gentrified neighborhoods often go into decline.

Ah....Part of that is cultural. And in part it is due to Japan being a largely homogeneous society

On Living In the Wrong Neighborhood in Japan This Japanese Life.

Inner cities can thrive.

What you want is to 'guarantee' outcomes, which is impossible.

There is no such thing as "free" education of any sort.

Most inner city areas have a great number and variety of adult education, vocational training, and parenting/early childhood development training programs already.

Nope. I do not wish to guarantee outcomes. Try again.

If you don't like living in this country and can find a better alternative you would rather be living in, fine. If you are poor and black and think America is racist, and you know a better place that isn't racist, we American taxpayers should pay your one way ticket to that place. Because I am tired of the high black crime rate. I don't care anymore about post racial anything, it's just rhetoric.

You guys never fail. Every issue boils down to you arrogantly dumping on "them". "They" are worthless. Takers.

Have you any idea how strong the social safety net is is Japan?

You think we are PC? Holy shit! You've no idea.

That sense of honor that you long for just might have something to do with the each person being thought of as a valuable piece of the pie. Ever think of it that way?

You fuckers are looking at it from the wrong angle. As usual.
No. You're just a far left wing ideologue.
Everything with you should be tea and cookies. There is no "earn"..There is only "give".
You said so yourself.....Social safety net...That's it for you. As long as there is a government sugar daddy, all is right with the world.

Inner cities are no more popular amongst young professionals, than amongst professionals of any age group, because there is no money in it.

Gentrification vs. growth in Union Square - Opinion - The Boston Globe

Well...of the 25 most violent cities in the United States, 24 of them are run by democrats...and have been run by democrats for decades...this is democrat policies toward education...since the democrats, thru their unions, control public education. They refuse to educate poor children because uneducated, angry people vote for democrats who promise them money taken from other people....the democrats destroy the police...see New York and all the New York mayors before Guilaini and watch what de blasio does....since paying for police is a waste of money...as long as the rich, white democrat areas of the city have more than enough police protection.....

those are two reasons...another....democrats think businesses and private citizens are their piggy banks....so they spend more money than they have...and raise taxes to get more....and then those who are tired of being robbed by greedy, corrupt politicians leave for the suburbs......

Mark Levin described these statists as locusts....they go to a city...raise taxes, drive out businesses and jobs, undermine the police, and destroy the public schools....and then when the crime starts to spread to the rich, white, democrat areas....they leave for a new city....which they then proceed to destroy with those same policies...

As a case in point....Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuals son was robbed by two men leaving his home today.....they punched him in the face and took his cell phone......they can't keep a lid on crime anymore...it is starting to effect the rich, white democrat areas...more and more....

Forum List

Back