Why teachers need more pay

:lmao: as if any skill or experience is necessary to be some sales monkey. The only real requirement for sales is a lack of self-esteem.

Communication, interpersonal soft skills notwithstanding? Sales isn’t exactly easy stuff, brah. A lot of people will burn out because they don’t meet the personal disposition to succeed.

:lmao: as if any skill or experience is necessary to be some sales monkey. The only real requirement for sales is a lack of self-esteem.

Communication, interpersonal soft skills notwithstanding? Sales isn’t exactly easy stuff, brah. A lot of people will burn out because they don’t meet the personal disposition to succeed.

:lol:

guffaw...boulderdash.... poppycock....cachinnation.....throwing more $$$ will not produce better teachers /education.....

proper vetting is the answer.....

~S~

I don't disagree. But if you're going to expect vetting you're expecting a better class of teacher. For a better class, you need to pay more. This is basic market principles. Not necessarily in my state; at the top of the pay scale we're fairly well paid. But to pay someone $35,000/year to teach is ridiculous.

Not bad for a kid right out of school. If you are good that should go up to $50k a year max. Plenty of women will opt to be a teacher for that rather than go into the business world.

Which by the way. Most women I know who are in hr, accounting, IT, marketing, etc... they only make about $50k a year. And they don’t get nearly as many days off as you do.

Maybe $60k for the best teachers. $70k for vice principal and $80k for principals. Any more is overpaying government workers. If you want to get rich don’t go into teaching.

And do you guys still get pensions? You shouldn’t. 401k like the rest of us.

LOL, someone is hella salty. Were you born this way or was the trauma of getting jumped by female teachers what caused it?

Entry-level teachers making less than 45K is insanity. I say this as someone who is making 65+K within 3 years of finishing my undergrad degree in a technical field. Teaching is hard, contrary to what a lot of dimwits think.

There was a girl doing my job before they replaced her with me. She sold $40k a month I sell $150k a month. I think she went back to school to become a teacher. Something she can handle.

I have never seen any other profession complain about how hard their job is as I hear from public school teachers. It’s amazing. We all went to high school so none of us are buying it. It’s just not that hard of a job.

A nurse is a hard job and they don’t get summers off or pensions

Who here thinks teaching is harder than their job? And do you make more or less than a teacher.

That’s a tough question because I’m doing great now so I’d say my job is easier and I make more than teachers but when the economy tanks I can lose my job and I don’t get summers off or a pension.

My sister in law makes $70k and she will get a pension when she retires. And she gets summers off? Shit I’d take that.

She too talks about how hard her job is but she’s never been fired and the rest of us work just as hard so we don’t want to hear your whining. And you make as much as you should.

What do you think a teacher should make? $30-$60k. Period

Last edited:

:lol:
You prove that a teacher can not quit and pursue a job in sales. You don’t have a clue what it takes. We work hard. Wwaaaahhh. And we don’t get summers off.

It’s one of those lucrative jobs you couldn’t get because you don’t have any experience. You’re stuck teaching because it’s the best gig you can get.

There was a girl doing my job before they replaced her with me. She sold $40k a month I sell $150k a month. I think she went back to school to become a teacher. Something she can handle.

I have never seen any other profession complain about how hard their job is as I hear from public school teachers. It’s amazing. We all went to high school so none of us are buying it. It’s just not that hard of a job.

A nurse is a hard job and they don’t get summers off or pensions

Who here thinks teaching is harder than their job? And do you make more or less than a teacher.

That’s a tough question because I’m doing great now so I’d say my job is easier and I make more than teachers but when the economy tanks I can lose my job and I don’t get summers off or a pension.

My sister in law makes $70k and she will get a pension when she retires. And she gets summers off? Shit I’d take that.

She too talks about how hard her job is but she’s never been fired and the rest of us work just as hard so we don’t want to hear your whining. And you make as much as you should.

What do you think a teacher should make? $30-$60k. Period

So because you attended High School as a student, you believe that you have special insight into the hardships (or lack thereof) of the teachers who taught you while you were there, of what their jobs entailed?

LOL. Great argument there bud.

Okay, so I hope everyone can follow me here. I am going to write about how much teachers should be paid, but not from my own perspective. I believe teachers deserve high pay for a multitude of reasons, I just want to clarify that. But let's, for a second, assume I am the kind of person who says "Teachers jobs are easy, they get summers off, they're just glorified babysitters" and the work we all know teachers need to take home doesn't count.

Let's assume we pay teachers less than what I was paid to babysit in high school. So give them...$4/hour. Let's only pay them for the hours they are in school - let's say 6.5 hours a day. That brings their daily pay to $26.

But teachers don't only teach one student. Let's say the teacher teaches 30 students. Every parent should pay $26 a day for their child to be "babysat" and at thirty students that comes out to $780/day.

Now, 5 day school week brings that to $3,900 a week.
Or, if you want to figure in days, let's say they work 180 days a year (meaning no paid vacations) $780/day for 180 days = $140,000.

The average teacher salary tends to hover between $50,000 - $60,000. So, on the high end of that spectrum, let's figure out how much teachers make per hour per child:
$60,000/180 days = $333.33/day. $333.33 per day/30 students = $11.11 per student per day. Figure in the 6.5 hours and that's $1.71 per hour per student.

So teachers get paid more than they do on average, even in my fictional scenario, where we pay teachers less per hour per child than the average babysitter, and don't pay them for any of the additional work they need to do outside of school hours, and give them no vacation pay.

Say what? Pay teachers "per hour per child"? The union would cram a thousand kids into a classroom. Why not deduct a percentage from teachers salaries for every kid that drops out?

So teachers are the reason kids drop out?

Man, are you barking up the wrong tree.

With teachers, you get what you pay for

You want to nickel and dime them, you get five and ten quality teachers

I worked in sales for 8 years....then moved into resources....finding good salespeople wasn't all that hard. I believe teachers are paid in but they have to deal with a lot of defective kids nowadays. Today's parents just don't get how to raise a kid.

Good teachers gut fucked because principals administrators and presidents enjoy bloated union salaries.

Good teachers get fucked because tenured bad teachers have priority and seniority.

Good teachers get fucked because they are not related to, nor are they friends of, nor do they go to the same church as... tenured administrative teachers.

Today's schools are fraught with nepotism, cronyism, and favoritism.

The good teachers are cast out for wont of unionized perverts, lesbians, Liberal, family and friend.

Pardon me, but your ignorance is showing. Principals and administrators are NOT part of any unions and their salaries are determined by the school boards.

What the heck is a tenured administrative teacher?

The remainder of your post is your personal biases coming out.

Last edited:
Anyone want to respond who makes a living or has made a living as a classroom teacher? I'm curious.

Yeah- thanks for asking. Wife did that for 4 years. One of the best that school ever had.
Admins told her so.

So...

We assumed she'd get tenure, so I started looking for a house to buy.

Wife shows up for work at the end of the school year and the principal tells her flat out- you're fired.

Reason? None.

None required.

Other than the fact that my wife did not attend a church, did not mingle in school circles, was not close to any other teacher/admin in the district, was not related to same, did not suck cock.

And now... you know, the rest of the story.

Your reasons are incorrect. I was given an exceptional evaluation by my assistant principal and walked next door to have y principal and assistant superintendent tell me that after 4 years I was not renewed. The real reason? Why should they have to pay me a salary when they can get two unqualified teachers right out of college for the same money? That was probably the reason for your wife not getting tenure. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Anyone want to respond who makes a living or has made a living as a classroom teacher? I'm curious.

Same here. I want to know what it's like to have three months off every year and get paid.

Well, let's start with the false assumption in your reply.

Teachers get 2 months off if they are lucky. Also, that is unpaid. Your salary is just spread over a 12 month period to allow you to pay your bills in the summer. That is really a zero-interest loan to the school board.

Good teachers gut fucked because principals administrators and presidents enjoy bloated union salaries.

Good teachers get fucked because tenured bad teachers have priority and seniority.

Good teachers get fucked because they are not related to, nor are they friends of, nor do they go to the same church as... tenured administrative teachers.

Today's schools are fraught with nepotism, cronyism, and favoritism.

The good teachers are cast out for wont of unionized perverts, lesbians, Liberal, family and friend.

Pardon me, but your ignorance is showing. Principals and administrators are NOT part of any unions and their salaries re determined by the school boards.

What the heck is tenured administrative teacher?

The remainder of your post is your personal biases coming out.

Bloated union salaries for school administrators are a reality. The school board, city hall, and the union are all the same. All politics is local, and you can't fight city hall. That's what we were all taught as schoolchildren.

Unionized perverts and lesbians? Oh, yeah. It's the kiddie-fiddlers and the cop-callers. That city hall political circle is all sewn up so tight, there is no peaceful or polite or "legal" way to crack that system, horrible as it is.

Forum List

Back