Why teachers need more pay

Good teachers gut fucked because principals administrators and presidents enjoy bloated union salaries.

Good teachers get fucked because tenured bad teachers have priority and seniority.

Good teachers get fucked because they are not related to, nor are they friends of, nor do they go to the same church as... tenured administrative teachers.

Today's schools are fraught with nepotism, cronyism, and favoritism.

The good teachers are cast out for wont of unionized perverts, lesbians, Liberal, family and friend.
If You Own a Man's Work, You Own That Man

Birchers have to blame every societal failure on unions because the only way their corporate gods can make a profit is by wage-gouging their employees. Only a union can prevent the plutocratic parasites from freeloading off their serfs' production of the revenue.

Last edited:
teachers are not underpaid
they have it pretty fucking good for part timers

"Part timers"? What the hell does that mean?
it means they don't work a full time job

Most teachers I know work full-time and then some.
yeah [sic] the ones i [sic] know get summers off....

You know teachers who don't work in the summer? And don't attend professional development courses?

teachers are not underpaid
they have it pretty fucking good for part timers

You know teachers who don't work in the summer? And don't attend professional development courses?
that's not work and they sure as hell aren't taking courses 40 hours a week in the summer

Okay, so I hope everyone can follow me here. I am going to write about how much teachers should be paid, but not from my own perspective. I believe teachers deserve high pay for a multitude of reasons, I just want to clarify that. But let's, for a second, assume I am the kind of person who says "Teachers jobs are easy, they get summers off, they're just glorified babysitters" and the work we all know teachers need to take home doesn't count.

Let's assume we pay teachers less than what I was paid to babysit in high school. So give them...$4/hour. Let's only pay them for the hours they are in school - let's say 6.5 hours a day. That brings their daily pay to $26.

But teachers don't only teach one student. Let's say the teacher teaches 30 students. Every parent should pay $26 a day for their child to be "babysat" and at thirty students that comes out to $780/day.

Now, 5 day school week brings that to $3,900 a week.
Or, if you want to figure in days, let's say they work 180 days a year (meaning no paid vacations) $780/day for 180 days = $140,000.

The average teacher salary tends to hover between $50,000 - $60,000. So, on the high end of that spectrum, let's figure out how much teachers make per hour per child:
$60,000/180 days = $333.33/day. $333.33 per day/30 students = $11.11 per student per day. Figure in the 6.5 hours and that's $1.71 per hour per student.

So teachers get paid more than they do on average, even in my fictional scenario, where we pay teachers less per hour per child than the average babysitter, and don't pay them for any of the additional work they need to do outside of school hours, and give them no vacation pay.
Teachers don't need more pay, they need to have more control in the classroom. The thugs are running things in schools because they know nothing happens to them.

that's not work ......

What's not?

Okay, so I hope everyone can follow me here. I am going to write about how much teachers should be paid, but not from my own perspective. I believe teachers deserve high pay for a multitude of reasons, I just want to clarify that. But let's, for a second, assume I am the kind of person who says "Teachers jobs are easy, they get summers off, they're just glorified babysitters" and the work we all know teachers need to take home doesn't count.

Let's assume we pay teachers less than what I was paid to babysit in high school. So give them...$4/hour. Let's only pay them for the hours they are in school - let's say 6.5 hours a day. That brings their daily pay to $26.

But teachers don't only teach one student. Let's say the teacher teaches 30 students. Every parent should pay $26 a day for their child to be "babysat" and at thirty students that comes out to $780/day.

Or, if you want to figure in days, let's say they work 180 days a year (meaning no paid vacations) $780/day for 180 days = $140,000.

The average teacher salary tends to hover between $50,000 - $60,000. So, on the high end of that spectrum, let's figure out how much teachers make per hour per child:
$60,000/180 days = $333.33/day. $333.33 per day/30 students = $11.11 per student per day. Figure in the 6.5 hours and that's $1.71 per hour per student.

So teachers get paid more than they do on average, even in my fictional scenario, where we pay teachers less per hour per child than the average babysitter, and don't pay them for any of the additional work they need to do outside of school hours, and give them no vacation pay.
Teachers don't need more pay, they need to have more control in the classroom. ....

Um, no. The more pay thing would be fine.

My youngest will exit teaching in a few weeks. Helped a lot of students test out of college calculus. Others were coached to state championships. She is not able to get ahead with college debt and regular life bills, so she will use her degree to sell software at a much better salary.

that's not work ......

What's not?
figure it out

I wonder what the typical school administrator's salary is compared to a teacher's? I suppose that would totally disgust anyone who is familiar with a teacher's job.

I wonder what the typical school administrator's salary is compared to a teacher's? I suppose that would totally disgust anyone who is familiar with a teacher's job.

Eh, no one becomes a teacher to get rich.

Anyone want to respond who makes a living or has made a living as a classroom teacher? I'm curious.
I am a university adjunct professor. I am paid per credit hour. Of course, I have fewer obstacles than your typical K-12 babysitter. Since my students pay for my services, if they sleep in class, watch videos on their iPhones and laptops, and neglect to complete assignments or do poorly on exams, it's all on them. Most of my students do very well and I have only received one "less than favorable" student evaluation in 17 years. OK, I suppose I don't fit the profile you are looking for, but I do instruct the products of the public school system. Most of them are shocked to find out that sucking oxygen from the same space for a predetermined time as an instructor does not entitle them to A's or a 4.0 GPA.

Forum List

Back