Why should a hamburger flipper make the same as a highly skilled worker???

The whole point of the minimum wage was to ensure workers would have the neccessary amount of money to survive.

Why do you believe that someone working 40 hours/week is not entitled to survival Adolf?

Until you actually do some meaningful and valuable work, you're not entitled to anything. You can dig and cover holes in your back yard for 40 hours, and while you may think you were working, you just wasted your time.

And with most of the replies about the middle class and the working force in this country. One can tell that the right wingers hate them to the Nth degree.

Highly skilled workers should be making $30 - $40 an hour.

From Matt Walsh Blog on the Blaze....
I've excerpted a few paragraphs but there is so much more that the entire blog should be read!

Dear fast food workers,

It’s come to my attention that many of you, supposedly in 230 cities across the country, are walking out of your jobs today and protesting for $15 an hour. You earnestly believe — indeed, you’ve been led to this conclusion by pandering politicians and liberal pundits who possess neither the slightest grasp of the basic rules of economics nor even the faintest hint of integrity — that your entry level gig pushing buttons on a cash register at Taco Bell ought to earn you double the current federal minimum wage.

I’m aware, of course, that not all of you feel this way. Many of you might consider your position as Whopper Assembler to be rather a temporary situation, not a career path, and you plan on moving on and up not by holding a poster board with “Give me more money!” scrawled across it, but by working hard and being reliable. To be clear, I am not addressing the folks in this latter camp. They are doing what needs to be done, and I respect that.

Instead, I want to talk to those of you who actually consider yourselves entitled to close to a $29 thousand a year full time salary for doing a job that requires no skill, no expertise, and no education;
those who think a fry cook ought to earn an entry level income similar to a dental assistant;
those who insist the guy putting the lettuce on my Big Mac ought to make more than the Emergency Medical Technician who saves lives for a living; those who believe you should automatically be able to “live comfortably,” as if “comfort” is a human right.

To those in this category, I have a few things I need to say, for your own sake:

First, let me start with a story. It’s anecdotal, obviously, but then this whole #FightFor15 “movement” is based entirely on anecdotes.

I submit mine: I’m 28 years old now. I started working when I was about 15. I did hourly, customer service-type stuff at grocery stores, snowball stands, and pizza places, never making much more than the bare minimum at any of them.

When I was 20 I moved out of the house and got my first job in radio. Starting out as a rock DJ in Delaware, I made $17,000 a year, or about $8 an hour. I lived off of that, earning a few small raises through the years — having to eat fewer meals, buy fewer things, and, God forbid, even forgo cable and internet access in my apartment — right up to when I got married at 25.

Fast Food Workers You Don t Deserve 15 an Hour to Flip Burgers and That s OK TheBlaze.com
Yes, if it wasn't for a couple of recessions....I made ten and hour cash in the early eighties as a brick layer....

Jackass, most of us are in the middle class and are part of the labor force because we aren't Leftists sitting around and watching Judge Judy on welfare like you Leftwats.

Actually, if you had been paying attention, Judge Judy is popular with the right wing crowd. Many a positive thread has started about the Judge by our left right leaning posters.
I agree that there are many middle class righties on this board. Problem is they don't stick up for the middle class and condone much of the legislation that hurts the working middle class. Such as not raising the minimum wage (which the right leaning Cato Institute pointed out raising the minimum wage helps the middle class), no equal pay for women (which would have helped many dual income households), cutting the Earned Income Tax and cutting the Child Tax Credit Credit. That's four pieces of legislation that the GOP decided to go against the working class. But the GOP did pass the elimination of the estate tax that only benefited .2% of Americans who are in the highest earning quintile. That adds up to 4 pieces of legislation that hurt the middle class and one piece of legislation that only helps the uber wealthy.
What are people thinking?
The difference between the Dems and the GOP? The Dems talk the talk regarding helping the working class, they just don't walk the walk. In other words, they are worthless.
The GOP doesn't bother talking the talk about helping the working class, they just go ahead and cut programs or don't pass programs that help the working class. Buit damn it, we got plenty of money to cut $280 billion in taxes for a tiny, tiny uber wealth group of people.
In other words, both parties have no real interest in doing anything about America's Middle Class.

"Why should a hamburger flipper make the same as a highly skilled worker???"

No one says he should.

But it would get millions off of food stamps and Medicaid for a start, a clear benefit to taxpayers.

A family of 4 can still get food stamps even at $15 an hour. As for Medicaid didn't they just get an Obamacare gift?

Only a callous conservative would make a comment such as this ^^^.

The whole point of the minimum wage was to ensure workers would have the neccessary amount of money to survive.

Why do you believe that someone working 40 hours/week is not entitled to survival Adolf?

Until you actually do some meaningful and valuable work, you're not entitled to anything. You can dig and cover holes in your back yard for 40 hours, and while you may think you were working, you just wasted your time.

But, hey, if you work your ass off for 40 fucking years for some rich hog. He'll take 90% of the productivity you earned and stick it in his pocket!

This shit is just getting worse. So tell me, how exactly is it meaningful when you don't get a fair part of the "profit" your pig ass boss sucks in off your back.

And with most of the replies about the middle class and the working force in this country. One can tell that the right wingers hate them to the Nth degree.

I've excerpted a few paragraphs but there is so much more that the entire blog should be read!

Dear fast food workers,

It’s come to my attention that many of you, supposedly in 230 cities across the country, are walking out of your jobs today and protesting for $15 an hour. You earnestly believe — indeed, you’ve been led to this conclusion by pandering politicians and liberal pundits who possess neither the slightest grasp of the basic rules of economics nor even the faintest hint of integrity — that your entry level gig pushing buttons on a cash register at Taco Bell ought to earn you double the current federal minimum wage.

I’m aware, of course, that not all of you feel this way. Many of you might consider your position as Whopper Assembler to be rather a temporary situation, not a career path, and you plan on moving on and up not by holding a poster board with “Give me more money!” scrawled across it, but by working hard and being reliable. To be clear, I am not addressing the folks in this latter camp. They are doing what needs to be done, and I respect that.

Instead, I want to talk to those of you who actually consider yourselves entitled to close to a $29 thousand a year full time salary for doing a job that requires no skill, no expertise, and no education;
those who think a fry cook ought to earn an entry level income similar to a dental assistant;
those who insist the guy putting the lettuce on my Big Mac ought to make more than the Emergency Medical Technician who saves lives for a living; those who believe you should automatically be able to “live comfortably,” as if “comfort” is a human right.

To those in this category, I have a few things I need to say, for your own sake:

First, let me start with a story. It’s anecdotal, obviously, but then this whole #FightFor15 “movement” is based entirely on anecdotes.

I submit mine: I’m 28 years old now. I started working when I was about 15. I did hourly, customer service-type stuff at grocery stores, snowball stands, and pizza places, never making much more than the bare minimum at any of them.

When I was 20 I moved out of the house and got my first job in radio. Starting out as a rock DJ in Delaware, I made $17,000 a year, or about $8 an hour. I lived off of that, earning a few small raises through the years — having to eat fewer meals, buy fewer things, and, God forbid, even forgo cable and internet access in my apartment — right up to when I got married at 25.

Fast Food Workers You Don t Deserve 15 an Hour to Flip Burgers and That s OK TheBlaze.com
Yes, if it wasn't for a couple of recessions....I made ten and hour cash in the early eighties as a brick layer....

Jackass, most of us are in the middle class and are part of the labor force because we aren't Leftists sitting around and watching Judge Judy on welfare like you Leftwats.

Actually, if you had been paying attention, Judge Judy is popular with the right wing crowd. Many a positive thread has started about the Judge by our left right leaning posters.
I agree that there are many middle class righties on this board. Problem is they don't stick up for the middle class and condone much of the legislation that hurts the working middle class. Such as not raising the minimum wage (which the right leaning Cato Institute pointed out raising the minimum wage helps the middle class), no equal pay for women (which would have helped many dual income households), cutting the Earned Income Tax and cutting the Child Tax Credit Credit. That's four pieces of legislation that the GOP decided to go against the working class. But the GOP did pass the elimination of the estate tax that only benefited .2% of Americans who are in the highest earning quintile. That adds up to 4 pieces of legislation that hurt the middle class and one piece of legislation that only helps the uber wealthy.
The difference between the Dems and the GOP? The Dems talk the talk regarding helping the working class, they just don't walk the walk. In other words, they are worthless.
The GOP doesn't bother talking the talk about helping the working class, they just go ahead and cut programs or don't pass programs that help the working class. Buit damn it, we got plenty of money to cut $280 billion in taxes for a tiny, tiny uber wealth group of people.
In other words, both parties have no real interest in doing anything about America's Middle Class.

You don't get to decide what is and isn't "against the middle class" as much as you Leftwats like to think you frame the debate. Conservatives acknowledge that there are consequence for everything, and that, in many cases, the detriment outweighs the perceived benefit. This applies to unions, minimum wage hikes, and tax policy. The idiotic argument you posit that "if you're against unions, you're against labor" is being so soundly rejected by the American people that now more than half the country is right to work and recent studies have shown that the millenial generation has defected from union membership, which bodes doom for unions and the end of their tyrannical hold in the workplace and in politics.

When working people have a choice, they choose not to participate in Left wing policies. Suck it.

You don't get to decide what is and isn't "against the middle class" as much as you Leftwats like to think you frame the debate. Conservatives acknowledge that there are consequence for everything, and that, in many cases, the detriment outweighs the perceived benefit. This applies to unions, minimum wage hikes, and tax policy. The idiotic argument you posit that "if you're against unions, you're against labor" is being so soundly rejected by the American people that now more than half the country is right to work and recent studies have shown that the millenial generation has defected from union membership, which bodes doom for unions and the end of their tyrannical hold in the workplace and in politics.

When working people have a choice, they choose not to participate in Left wing policies. Suck it.

The truth hurts doesn't it.
Also, does my post look like it was written by a lefty. I criticized the Dems, which I have done since I arrived here over four years ago.
I'm not right or left, I'm Middle Class, asshole!
Now why don't you just run away and keep on supporting bullshit that only hurts YOU!
How fucking stupid do people have to be to support an entity thats fucking them over. Answer: Stupid as hell with absolutely no back bone or ability to think for themselves, their families and their future generations. I can see your grand kids wondering, what the hell were you thinking as you buried their future..

Also, does my post look like it was written by a lefty. I criticized the Dems, which I have done since I arrived here over four years ago.
Now why don't you just run away and keep on supporting bullshit that only hurts YOU!
How fucking stupid do people have to be to support an entity that fucking them over. Answer: Stupid as hell with absolutely no back bone or ability to think for themselves, their families and their future generations. I can see your grand kids wondering, what the hell were you thinking as you buried their future..

Middle Class is not a political affiliation, dumbass. And your populist, Left wing talking points makes you a Leftist.

But, hey, if you work your ass off for 40 fucking years for some rich hog. He'll take 90% of the productivity your earned and stick it in his pocket!

This shit is just getting worse. So tell me, how exactly is it meaningful when you don't get a fair part of the "profit" you pig ass boss sucks in.

You got some point here, I'll give you that. Now bare with me for a minute.

That rich hog you're talking about offered me a job. I didn't have to take it, but I did. We agreed on hiring terms. He provided place to work, tools, safe working conditions, insurance, on job training, toilet paper in the shitter, and all I have to bring is my ass to work and good will.

When you start the job with no skill, you are not productive at all, so there is no way he takes 90% of the your productivity. I'm not saying you're right, but lets say you are. Even if he does, isn't that something you agreed on when you accepted the offer? If there is roof leaking, it's not your problem, it's a fix out of his pocket. Machine needs fixing or replacement, it's his problem. You want more of the profit, maybe you should pay some of those expenses. How about you bring your own toilet paper to work.

So after awhile, you developed some skills, or rather, you were trained to repeat the same motion over and over, and in pursuit of your happiness you realize your labor is now worth more. You want more, or you'll leave, and he has to make a choice. If he sees room for your improvement and therefore continuous profit for him, or if cost him too much time or money to train someone else, he will give you a raise. If not, you can pursuit your happiness elsewhere.

Now to go back to your first sentence... replace words "rich hog" with word government. If you're looking someone to blame, that's the place where you should start.

How fucking stupid do people have to be to support an entity that fucking them over. Answer: Stupid as hell with absolutely no back bone or ability to think for themselves, their families and their future generations. I can see your grand kids wondering, what the hell were you thinking as you buried their future..

Middle Class is not a political affiliation, dumbass. And your populist, Left wing talking points makes you a Leftist.

"Middle Class is not a political affiliation, dumbass. And your populist, Left wing talking points makes you a Leftist"-saintmichaeldefendthem

No shit Sherlock! I don't need or want a "political affiliation" to do my thinking or lead me by the ring I'd have to have in my nose.
Here you are, voting against your interests, your family's interest and your future generation's interest. All because you are so brilliant and let others think for you!
God, I'm so glad I'm not you.
Secondly, "left wing talking"? Try Middle Class thinking, independent of ideological bullshit. I would care to bet most Middle Class centralist/moderates/independents (which is the largest voting bloc in the US) would agree with me.
Did you know that fewer and fewer people are identifying with either party, 42% now identify themselves as Independent. More and more people want to think for themselves and realize what bullshit the GOP and Dems really are.

"Middle Class is not a political affiliation, dumbass. And your populist, Left wing talking points makes you a Leftist"-saintmichaeldefendthem

No shit Sherlock! I don't need or want a "political affiliation" to do my thinking or lead me by the ring I'd have to have in my nose.
Here you are, voting against your interests, your family's interest and your future generation's interest. All because you are so brilliant and let others think for you!
God, I'm so glad I'm not you.
Secondly, "left wing talking"? Try Middle Class thinking, independent of ideological bullshit. I would care to bet most Middle Class centralist/moderates/independents (which is the largest voting bloc in the US) would agree with me.
Did you know that fewer and fewer people are identifying with either party, 42% now identify themselves as Independent. More and more people want to think for themselves and realize what bullshit the GOP and Dems really are.

Now we're talking in circles. We middle class working people have already demonstrated we do NOT agree with you as indicated by our rejection of unions. All your populist crap are the trappings of a loud, rancorous minority becoming more shrill as you realize your losing power. When working people are free, they freely choose not to be in unions. You're losing the next generation. Here, you can read all about your pending demise: Millennials Don t Want to Join Unions Here s Why - Jared Meyer - Page 1

Now if you have nothing new to offer, I'll go elsewhere because this is beginning to bore me.

You got it backwards. Once you're part of union, the ring you're talking about is already in place and your thinking is no longer required.

Unions no longer represent your interests. The only interest that matters to them is theirs, and interest on banking account where they hold your union dues.

With 50 million on food stamps, and near 50% not paying federal income taxes, I would advise you not to place that bet.

Identifying as independent means nothing. When comes to ballot box, they have very little choice left, they mostly get back to where they came from.

Where does a highly skilled trades person only earn 15 an hour?

In the imaginations of the same Republicans who think the rich are being ruined by taxation.

No one says that, clueless one. The rich create jobs, but we have enough money. It's the poor and the middle class you hurt by overtaxing us
Some rich create jobs. Some poor figure out how and many middle class certainly create jobs considering that most jobs come from small business.

You got it backwards. Once you're part of union, the ring you're talking about is already in place and your thinking is no longer required.

Unions no longer represent your interests. The only interest that matters to them is theirs, and interest on banking account where they hold your union dues.

With 50 million on food stamps, and near 50% not paying federal income taxes, I would advise you not to place that bet.

Identifying as independent means nothing. When comes to ballot box, they have very little choice left, they mostly get back to where they came from.
Republicans say they go to college, but seem to know nothing about it.
Ronald Reagan was elected head of a union 6 times.
From what Republicans say about unions, they seem to know about unions as much as they knew about Muslims when they invaded Iraq.

I don't think patrons of fast food joints want to pay alot for a burger. Raising the minimum wage raises burger prices. If somebody wants to earn more, get a higher paying job . Nobody forces you to flip burgers.

I dunno why you're bringing up Republicans to quote me, since I am not one.

However, whatever they're thinking about unions is too mild, since I think they're much worse.

I don't think patrons of fast food joints want to pay alot for a burger. Raising the minimum wage raises burger prices. If somebody wants to earn more, get a higher paying job . Nobody forces you to flip burgers.

The Left lives in an unbroken fantasy world where everyone just goes along with whatever policy they want to pass. If they raise taxes, people will pay it, if they demand more for flipping burgers, people will pay the higher prices for fast food. It never occurs to them that people will simply do without.

Let's see, Moonglow is lying again so we will pick up what was actually said from the previous buried page:

A person making $20/hour still cannot pay all the mortgage, insurance, transporation, food, medical, schooling, sundries etc. that are basic necessities month by month. Once a year tax breaks for people aren't going to patch together the rest of the year. This tax bracket by the way doesn't qualify for any significant tax breaks. Uncle Sam would consider this hypothetical person as "too well off"...

It's slavery. We should just call it what it is. They tell you that you can get ahead with college. But the facts are that there aren't enough jobs out there for everyone to justify going into debt for the rest of their adult life until they die of a stress-related illness of being overworked and underpaid...struggling to afford escalating health costs as their pitiful bodies finally and predictably give out.

It's a sham, a mirage, a false-reality. The American dream died the same time we started importing stuff from China and exporting our jobs there. (where our good capitalists know that their socialized medicine makes it possible for their low wages) Give it up. Don't go to college. Just resign yourself to flipping burgers at McDonalds and dying early and in debt, leaving your kids nothing but a gutted American economy to fight over the scraps of. Hope there are enough police around in about 10-20 years.

I'm not being a nihilist here. This is actually an optimistic prognosis.

The other day I was in a position to watch some police chase down a suspect wanted on multiple felonies, mostly stealing. As I watched from a close vantage point, they finally caught the guy, with the help of a passer by. The cop who caught him was obviously tired, out of shape, struggling. He had an OK haircut, his equipment was a bit rough but clean at least and functional. He was doubled over starting to puke. The exercion made him sick to his stomach. Just another stressful day in a sea of them. I predict he won't live past his late 40s or early 50s. Maybe it was a bad tooth making him sick? Or a poor diet from buying bargain shit at the grocery just to make ends meet on his cop salary?

You'd better hope he's not the thin blue line in your neighborhood as this situation gets worse.
The tipping point in Pre-Revolutionary France was when the cops there woke up and realized where the actual problem was. Seems the thin blue line is the only thing standing between the 1% and the 99% when the oppression reaches a zenith.

The magic bullet for this situation is universal healthcare. It wouldn't even cost employers a dime. In fact, it would save them money: they wouldn't have to provide healthcare insurance. Their workers would be healthier, more productive, their savings in monthly outlay could stimulate the economy.

I've said this like a 100 times and it always falls on deaf ears. The loyalty to the BigHealth is admirable, if foolish.

An unmitigated emotional rampage unperturbed by actual fact ...

You have made all the allegations, used all the buzzwords, and haven't stated a single fact or truth. Your momma would be ashamed ...

Dear fast food workers,

By what justification do you propose that "highly skilled workers should be making $30-40 per hour"?

Forum List

Back