Why should a hamburger flipper make the same as a highly skilled worker???

The whole point of the minimum wage was to ensure workers would have the neccessary amount of money to survive.

Why do you believe that someone working 40 hours/week is not entitled to survival Adolf?

Until you actually do some meaningful and valuable work, you're not entitled to anything. You can dig and cover holes in your back yard for 40 hours, and while you may think you were working, you just wasted your time.

But, hey, if you work your ass off for 40 fucking years for some rich hog. He'll take 90% of the productivity you earned and stick it in his pocket!

This shit is just getting worse. So tell me, how exactly is it meaningful when you don't get a fair part of the "profit" your pig ass boss sucks in off your back.

"... fair part of the profit"

And, just how much do you suggest this is? 80%? 70%? 90? 40%? 10%?

C'mon, quit whining and take a stand.

LOL what a strange thread this one ... a burger flipper making the same as a

IDK...

as a neurosurgeon ...or a cardiologist...

what can we say

what

shall we vomit? Yes we shall

Because it's fair trickle up poor

They don't work hard, they just sit around thinking, burger flippers are on their feet all the day, they are the real workers

:laugh:

Clearly you have never worked a real job.
I worked at four different FF chains years ago...KFC, Captain D's, Wendy's and Dominoes.
I also worked real labor intense jobs 2nd shift for a few years. And spent 13 years managing a 3 shift manufacturing department. And ran a successful printing company for 10 years.
Between the two - there is NO comparison. None, zip, nada.
In fast food you have little timers that tell you what to do 100% of the time. A person can literally walk in and within a few hours, if they are of average intelligence, and do the same work exactly as someone who has been there for years.
It is brain-dead, meaningless, mindless work. The worst thing about it is shear boredom half the time with burst of actual busy work here and there.

Get a real job.
Nope, you have to be trained to do it the way they want you to do it..Which takes longer than a few minutes...If you had ever been in management you'd know that...
Half a day?
Yeah, have a fry guy filter the oil and learn to cook all at the same time....the way the registers are programmed it takes a while to memorize them also....Then there is the cash handling training films.....
Fast food workers don't cook
Everything is microwaved and to make fries all you do is drop the basket in the oil and push a pre- programmed timer

And yes the registers are sooooooo hard to figure out. And people don't even have to know how to make change anymore the register does it for them

Can you smell the crap coming out of your mouth

The workers are the one busting their ass...Why the hell should all the riches go to people at the top?

So then why don't the burger flippers buy a building, renovate it, bring it up to code, buy all the equipment pay all the fees and taxes and make all the riches themselves?

CEO's? They don't do shit, they make millions sitting around all day

They real workers who deserve millions are the dumb fucks that need 4 of them to figure out how to change a light bulb
It's a give-take relationship, yet CEO's earn millions even if the company losses money....Employees, not so much..Both need each other to operate and produce product...
employees still get paid if the company loses money don't they?

of course they do.

Enron.

They real workers who deserve millions are the dumb fucks that need 4 of them to figure out how to change a light bulb
It's a give-take relationship, yet CEO's earn millions even if the company losses money....Employees, not so much..Both need each other to operate and produce product...

of course they do.

Do you just make stuff up? Maybe, if you did some research you wouldn't be perceived as a fool and a liar?

Enron, of course is the classic example, and here is some dated material form 2010 - no doubt a consequence of the Great Bush Recession of "07 '09.

The 10 Biggest Failed Pension Plans - US News
Losing money and going out of business are 2 entirely different things Idiot.

And pension plans are not for workers they are for people who are no longer working Moron.

Now we are talking..... A cushy CEO job. That's what I need to get me one of those where I can sit around making millions without accountability. Where is a CEO job without accountability?

Sales are down - CEO
Lost market share - CEO
Lawsuit - CEO
Failed expansion or company venture - CEO
STOCK PRICE DOWN - CEO

You forgot to add that when CEOs get fired, their contracts have "golden parachute" clauses so they can run a company into the ground and still get paid millions when they're fired for incompetence.

To live the "American Dream" now costs a family of 4 $120K per year. Easy for CEOs but for the average worker, impossible.

Any economy that doesn't provide decent wages across the work spectrum, can't survive. The U.S. Is already there. The decline has begun.

Conservatives are like the farmer who killed the goose to get all of the golden eggs. American workers can no longer afford the products they used to make even though they're cheaper now that they're made in China.

I am no C Level in a position to negotiate a golden parachute but I would take it if I could get one. As a shareholder, I am no fan of them because I believe takes away incentive and accountability. Right now, the market is willing to have golden parachutes.

Highly skilled workers should be making $30 - $40 an hour.

From Matt Walsh Blog on the Blaze....
I've excerpted a few paragraphs but there is so much more that the entire blog should be read!

Dear fast food workers,

It’s come to my attention that many of you, supposedly in 230 cities across the country, are walking out of your jobs today and protesting for $15 an hour. You earnestly believe — indeed, you’ve been led to this conclusion by pandering politicians and liberal pundits who possess neither the slightest grasp of the basic rules of economics nor even the faintest hint of integrity — that your entry level gig pushing buttons on a cash register at Taco Bell ought to earn you double the current federal minimum wage.

I’m aware, of course, that not all of you feel this way. Many of you might consider your position as Whopper Assembler to be rather a temporary situation, not a career path, and you plan on moving on and up not by holding a poster board with “Give me more money!” scrawled across it, but by working hard and being reliable. To be clear, I am not addressing the folks in this latter camp. They are doing what needs to be done, and I respect that.

Instead, I want to talk to those of you who actually consider yourselves entitled to close to a $29 thousand a year full time salary for doing a job that requires no skill, no expertise, and no education;
those who think a fry cook ought to earn an entry level income similar to a dental assistant;
those who insist the guy putting the lettuce on my Big Mac ought to make more than the Emergency Medical Technician who saves lives for a living; those who believe you should automatically be able to “live comfortably,” as if “comfort” is a human right.

To those in this category, I have a few things I need to say, for your own sake:

First, let me start with a story. It’s anecdotal, obviously, but then this whole #FightFor15 “movement” is based entirely on anecdotes.

I submit mine: I’m 28 years old now. I started working when I was about 15. I did hourly, customer service-type stuff at grocery stores, snowball stands, and pizza places, never making much more than the bare minimum at any of them.

When I was 20 I moved out of the house and got my first job in radio. Starting out as a rock DJ in Delaware, I made $17,000 a year, or about $8 an hour. I lived off of that, earning a few small raises through the years — having to eat fewer meals, buy fewer things, and, God forbid, even forgo cable and internet access in my apartment — right up to when I got married at 25.

Fast Food Workers You Don t Deserve 15 an Hour to Flip Burgers and That s OK TheBlaze.com

By what justification do you propose that "highly skilled workers should be making $30-40 per hour"?
Huh? By the fact they are highly skilled. Duh!

mag-25Economy-t_CA0-superJumbo.jpg

We keep using machinists an example but it may not be the best example. Because salaries differ according to which state they are in. Salaries for everyone in Red States is less across the board. The average salary is less because it takes time to develop the proper skills. I was reading a misnamed article from the NYT called "Skills don't pay the Bills" and the article went on to use as an example the story of a plant manager who put an add in the paper and over a thousand people showed up. He interviewed all of them and hired ALL of the qualified, which was a measly 25. After a couple of months, he still had 10. So it seems skills really do pay the bills.
It takes someone really "special" to believe that education and experience don't mean that much. And by "special" I mean:
shortbus-46967.jpg

I don't think patrons of fast food joints want to pay alot for a burger. Raising the minimum wage raises burger prices. If somebody wants to earn more, get a higher paying job . Nobody forces you to flip burgers.

The Left lives in an unbroken fantasy world where everyone just goes along with whatever policy they want to pass. If they raise taxes, people will pay it, if they demand more for flipping burgers, people will pay the higher prices for fast food. It never occurs to them that people will simply do without.
The real problem is your kind who believes that if everyone has a low paying job at least they have a job. But is that a "job" or an allowance. If you need government health care and food stamps, then is that job really meeting the needs of the country? Why do Republicans always aim so low?

The highlighted is an absolute lie, or a telling indicator of just how ignorant you are. Its a fair bet that you would be unable to do a CEO job.....It would be a fair bet you couldn't do a first line supervisors job, let alone exhibit the vision necessary to steer a company in a hyper-competitive world.

I don't think patrons of fast food joints want to pay alot for a burger. Raising the minimum wage raises burger prices. If somebody wants to earn more, get a higher paying job . Nobody forces you to flip burgers.

The Left lives in an unbroken fantasy world where everyone just goes along with whatever policy they want to pass. If they raise taxes, people will pay it, if they demand more for flipping burgers, people will pay the higher prices for fast food. It never occurs to them that people will simply do without.
The real problem is your kind who believes that if everyone has a low paying job at least they have a job. But is that a "job" or an allowance. If you need government health care and food stamps, then is that job really meeting the needs of the country? Why do Republicans always aim so low?

No, the "real problem" is your kind who thinks that people have the right to raise a family, buy a house, and live a middle class lifestyle while progressing no further in their career than working at a fast food restaurant. Salaries aren't magically whatever you want them to be, they have to be supported by how much money is in the industry to begin with. Fast food restaurants offer cheap, quick service for people who want to go get breakfast or lunch without breaking the bank. It will never pay middle class wages and if you try, people will stop buying food there, it's that simple.

Compare that to say, working a road crew, or construction, where the skills are harder won and millions of dollars are poured into these projects. More money means higher wages. Or how about real estate agents? Or truck drivers? This is real money, not people trying to buy a burger off the dollar menu. If people want to be paid more, they need to do something else, and if they want to raise a family, it's not going to be working at McDonalds.

Stop with the fantasy and get on with the real world where your labor isn't valued the same no matter what you do.

CEO's do quite a lot. They chart the direction of the company.
yet without workers no CEO would have a job...
That would be true in a hunter/gatherer type of existence. However, since we are not living 1 million years ago.....that would be a no.

of course they do.

Enron.

of course they do.

Do you just make stuff up? Maybe, if you did some research you wouldn't be perceived as a fool and a liar?

Enron, of course is the classic example, and here is some dated material form 2010 - no doubt a consequence of the Great Bush Recession of "07 '09.

The 10 Biggest Failed Pension Plans - US News
Losing money and going out of business are 2 entirely different things Idiot.

And pension plans are not for workers they are for people who are no longer working Moron.
?????

LOL, you should never ever call anyone an idiot or a moron.

Q. Is there a difference in you head between a worker and a people?

Why would a successful business go out of business if it was making profits?

Pension plans are earned, no different than a salary.

No, the "real problem" is your kind who thinks that people have the right to raise a family, buy a house, and live a middle class lifestyle while progressing no further in their career than working at a fast food restaurant. Salaries aren't magically whatever you want them to be, they have to be supported by how much money is in the industry to begin with. Fast food restaurants offer cheap, quick service for people who want to go get breakfast or lunch without breaking the bank. It will never pay middle class wages and if you try, people will stop buying food there, it's that simple.

Compare that to say, working a road crew, or construction, where the skills are harder won and millions of dollars are poured into these projects. More money means higher wages. Or how about real estate agents? Or truck drivers? This is real money, not people trying to buy a burger off the dollar menu. If people want to be paid more, they need to do something else, and if they want to raise a family, it's not going to be working at McDonalds.

Stop with the fantasy and get on with the real world where your labor isn't valued the same no matter what you do.

Assuming and lecturing those who work in the fast food industry, on its lowest rung, is presumptuous. Those of use who support those who do, and I admit, I don't know any of them personally, is because they are being exploited.

A fiscally responsible look at the fast food industry, and other minimum wage jobs, is enough to make a tea party conservative sane. An industry which employees so many and offers no benefits beyond a single digit hourly payment, is one which also exploits the taxpayer.

The population of minimum wage workers is diverse, to blame them is perverse and characteristic of callous conservatives, those who seem to lack the basic human attribute of empathy.

There will ALWAYS be people with very little skills and very little ambition to match...i.e. poor.
There just doesn't have to be so many!
I guarantee I could put to work those minimum wage workers THAT have good work habits, i.e. come to work and on time and those that work diligently, follow basic instructions would after 6 months make a referral income of $1,000 to $2,000 a month for as long as the worked for me! And that's the beginning for them!
Those that are really industrious and ambitious as I am I'd share a method that could make $10,000 a month for the rest of their lives.

But the majority of those with very little skills and very little ambition and not prone to take instructions...need NOT apply.

Lowest wage I was ever paid was $13 hr or roughly $22k a year. He sounds like a dick that got up on the right side of the bed one morning, waited long for his coffee, and decided to rant about the cashier at Starbucks.

That aside, I think it depends on the place you are talking about, higher pay does contribute to productivity up to a certain point, whereas low pay increases staff turnover.

Forum List

Back