Why should a hamburger flipper make the same as a highly skilled worker???

Because it's fair trickle up poor

They don't work hard, they just sit around thinking, burger flippers are on their feet all the day, they are the real workers

:laugh:

Clearly you have never worked a real job.
I worked at four different FF chains years ago...KFC, Captain D's, Wendy's and Dominoes.
I also worked real labor intense jobs 2nd shift for a few years. And spent 13 years managing a 3 shift manufacturing department. And ran a successful printing company for 10 years.
Between the two - there is NO comparison. None, zip, nada.
In fast food you have little timers that tell you what to do 100% of the time. A person can literally walk in and within a few hours, if they are of average intelligence, and do the same work exactly as someone who has been there for years.
It is brain-dead, meaningless, mindless work. The worst thing about it is shear boredom half the time with burst of actual busy work here and there.

Get a real job.
Nope, you have to be trained to do it the way they want you to do it..Which takes longer than a few minutes...If you had ever been in management you'd know that...

What sucked is while being an electronic technician for Tyson's I made less, than laying brick.....
Laying brick, if it's done right is both hard work and skilled labor. Would you want to live in a brick house made by someone with no apprenticeship? Without being taught by a highly skilled teacher? Not me.

You can become an electronic technician in six months. But it takes years to be an engineer.

How can you not know that?

They don't work hard, they just sit around thinking, burger flippers are on their feet all the day, they are the real workers

I worked at four different FF chains years ago...KFC, Captain D's, Wendy's and Dominoes.
I also worked real labor intense jobs 2nd shift for a few years. And spent 13 years managing a 3 shift manufacturing department. And ran a successful printing company for 10 years.
In fast food you have little timers that tell you what to do 100% of the time. A person can literally walk in and within a few hours, if they are of average intelligence, and do the same work exactly as someone who has been there for years.
It is brain-dead, meaningless, mindless work. The worst thing about it is shear boredom half the time with burst of actual busy work here and there.

Get a real job.
Nope, you have to be trained to do it the way they want you to do it..Which takes longer than a few minutes...If you had ever been in management you'd know that...
Half a day?

Get a real job.
Half a day?
Yeah, have a fry guy filter the oil and learn to cook all at the same time....the way the registers are programmed it takes a while to memorize them also....Then there is the cash handling training films.....

Get a real job.
Half a day?
There are some rest. that will make you work for a week free for training....

Its hard for the poor and middle class to get ahead with the boot of government on their necks. Its simple, back off the ridiculous taxes and regulations making it difficult for the US to compete globally. We need a good old fashioned women's movement, MOL mothers against liberalism. Mark my words moms its these damn liberals who are enslaving your kids to a life of limited opportunity and enslavement to government programs.

Bullshit repeated is still bullshit.

Your answer is why we have the new reality of perpetual slow growth and high real unemployment

That's ridiculous. You sys the dumbest things sometimes.

Only to a Marxist such as yourself

Oooooh! You called me a Marxist! What a zing!! I'm a Marxist small business owner! Weeeeeeeeee!

It wasn't a "zing" it was a description of your ideology. So far your examples of how you disagree with the Communist manifesto add up to, let's see......

..zero

Your answer is why we have the new reality of perpetual slow growth and high real unemployment

Oooooh! You called me a Marxist! What a zing!! I'm a Marxist small business owner! Weeeeeeeeee!
Which means you let the govt take all the losses....

You know when you have nothing, you don't have to post anyway

Some adjust, others sublimate....

It wasn't a "zing" it was a description of your ideology. So far your examples of how you disagree with the Communist manifesto add up to, let's see......

..zero

Hmmmmm. You've not seen me disagree with the Communist Manifesto? What a deep statement! I've never read your comments in opposition to theories presented in Das Kapital. Does that mean you are a commie?

Get a real job.
Half a day?
Yeah, have a fry guy filter the oil and learn to cook all at the same time....the way the registers are programmed it takes a while to memorize them also....Then there is the cash handling training films.....
While going to college in Santa Cruz, I worked at a Golden West Pancake House. I started off as a dishwasher at a buck sixty five an hour, then I became a busboy, then a fry cook then the dinner cook all over the two years I worked there. I learned to be a dishwasher in about an hour. Because you had these big dishwashers with overhead tops that dropped down. Load the soap, get rid of most of the food, position what's placed inside, load, start, unload and put away.
Bus boy, clean the tables, dress nicer, fill the bottles, salt, pepper, learn how to place the silverware and how to set up the table. Took a little longer than dishwashing. But not much.
I stayed after work to learn in the kitchen how to be a fry cook. After two weeks, a fry cook left and I took over that job. We didn't filter the oil, we changed it. I learned how to cook hot cakes, hamburgers and all of that kind of food. How to load plates from the steam table. How to make salads. Keep the kitchen clean and stocked.
After a few months, I started staying after work to learn how to be the dinner cook. I worked with the dinner cook and from the big Golden West recipe book, I learned how to make baked chicken and dumplings, cobblers, and prepare all the food sold during the dinner shift, including the specials, with the dinner shift typically being from 4 to 9 at night.

While I never managed a restaurant, I know how it works. If there is any skilled work there, it's probably in the managing. Simple learning does NOT qualify as skilled labor.

Get a real job.

:eusa_eh:
I have managed people since 1989.

Get a real job.

With or without a whip?

Get a real job.

I was at Taco-Tico as an asst.manager at that time, I had just left McDonald's as a swing manager and book keeper...

Some adjust, others sublimate....

I think you need an antonym for sublimate

Where does a highly skilled trades person only earn 15 an hour?

In the imaginations of the same Republicans who think the rich are being ruined by taxation.

Yep, the rich has take probably 90% of all the increase in wealth of the workers the past 40 years...What has the workers gotten? A foot in the nutz. At the same time as this happened the greedy rich has had their taxes dropped from 70% to 25%! In some cases a lot lower then that.

To make matters worse the cock sucking republicans want to raise taxes on the low and middle class that has to work harder for every buck they get?

Where does a highly skilled trades person only earn 15 an hour?

In the imaginations of the same Republicans who think the rich are being ruined by taxation.

No one says that, clueless one. The rich create jobs, but we have enough money. It's the poor and the middle class you hurt by overtaxing us

Maybe, but so does the middle class. ;) Ever hear of small businesses and start ups??? They're not all rich! The middle class can also create businesses but your dumb ass idiots allow corporations to kill off competition from these businesses and this forces even more wealth into the hands of the rich. It is true that money = power, but all of the money going to 1% of the population isn't a good thing.

The super rich should be taxed more and forced to respect competition. This is how we grow our middle class and our economy.

Forum List

Back