Why Mitt Romney Is Unlikeable

Not sure why likability even matters in a presidential election. It would be great to have a President that is loved by all as well as great at what he does, but how many have we had in our history that we say that about?

Romney's likability is as irrelevent as Obama's. What the voters should concern themselves with, and I believe many actually do, is can Romney do a better job in the next 4 years than Obama did in the last 4 years? That's what matters. The rest is just noise.

I don't think Romney is unlikeable. But his proposed policies will be lethal for the middle class and the poor.

That's true, capitalism reduces the middle class and the poor by making them wealthier. On the other hand, your guy loves to make people poor.

He didn't call them the 'enemy' though, did he? That was your messiah. Why the selective outrage? It's ok for Obama to right off those who disagree with him as 'the enemy' but not ok for Romney to state - accurately - that there is a percentage who will not vote for him.

The left wing and their faux outrage... funny shit.

If he had said, "There are 47% who will not vote for me" and left it at that, he'd have been fine.

But then he started attacking their character, and that's where he screwed up.

And he did this in front of a bunch of rich douchebags paying more for that dinner than most of those people make.

So Romney says something disparaging about really, 80% of the country, not just the 47%, in front of people who paid more for a plate of rubber chicken than most of that 80% make in a year.

Something he'd never say in public, but one of those wage-slaves taped him...

And you wonder why he's unlikeable?

JoeyBoy, I don't know why you respond to my posts. You lost any credibility with me when you constantly lied and misquoted Romney, when you went from rabid right winger desperately supporting the corrupt asshole Gingrich to a rabid left winger who thinks Obama's shit don't stink... and that's just two of the many flip flops that you've done on this board.

You are an hysterical, overly emotional, childish, tantrum driven moron.

I like Romney. But then, I lean towards rational, calm, intelligent people.

And you're arrogant, angry, self righteous, intolerant and void of empathy.

Rich white male that made his money.

Idiots today admire losers like Obamination that live off their skin color and make money via an egotistical book about themselves.

Idiots today admire losers like Obamination that live off their skin color and make money via an egotistical book about themselves.

The American Left, Romney has to defend his success in life, Obama doesn't have to defend having accomplished nothing.

1. Drop-dead, collar-ad handsome with gracious, statesman like aura. Looks like every central casting's #1 choice for Commander-in-Chief.

What?

The dude has the fucking brow ridge of a neanderthal, small beady eyes, fake as shit hair and more.

Obama looks way more presidential. And in the end, what the fuck does "looking" presidential even fucking matter?
I guess you think a voodoo doll looks more appealing than Barbie :lol:

Speaking of voodoo dolls, I think the ONLY logical explanation of President Obama's woeful performance is that Christine O'Donnell (you know, the WITCH) has put on a spell on him.

He didn't make his money.

He worked Daddy's rolodex....

21842438.jpg

I don't think Romney is unlikeable. But his proposed policies will be lethal for the middle class and the poor.

That's true, capitalism reduces the middle class and the poor by making them wealthier. On the other hand, your guy loves to make people poor.

Um, not really.

We had our greatest prosperity in the period after WWII, when the top tax rate was 93%, we invested heavily in public works, and half the workforce was unionized.

FAIRNESS made the middle class better, not Capitalism.

If the Democrats care about people on welfare, and the Republicans only care about the rich, what we need is a party that cares about the middle class.

I do very well, thanks...

But I don't think Romney is all that and a bag of chips... just another creepy Mormon.

Oh look....a fat, poor piece of shit white loser that doesn't like smarter and richer white guys. :eusa_whistle:

He didn't make his money.

He worked Daddy's rolodex....

21842438.jpg

Maybe he is not liked because he can't sing well.
Maybe he is not liked because he can't dance?
Maybe he is not like because he doesn't do this little standup comedy schtick like the President does.

I don't know...Is that a reason not to consider him for President.

No, the reason to not consider him is because he's an arrogant rich douchebag who has nothing but contempt for at least 47% of the country... and perhaps more.

So you are long on opinion and way short on facts..

So nothings changed..........That didnt take a rocket scientist to predict .........

Why are you allowed to post here being such a fucking idiot?

The US after WWII was the lone country on the planet with an intact economy and manufacturing industry compared to the decimated countries of Europe and Asia. So comparing the US of the 1950s to today shows you should be banned from this board.

Um, not really.

We had our greatest prosperity in the period after WWII, when the top tax rate was 93%, we invested heavily in public works, and half the workforce was unionized.

FAIRNESS made the middle class better, not Capitalism.

If the Democrats care about people on welfare, and the Republicans only care about the rich, what we need is a party that cares about the middle class.

I like Romney. But then, I lean towards rational, calm, intelligent people.

And you're arrogant, angry, self righteous, intolerant and void of empathy.

That is a trait amongst "young conservatives" I see more these days, no doubt contributing to my disillusionment with my former party.

The GOP used to get that not everyone is going to be rich, but supporting middle class values and middle class salaries was important. If they opposed the welfare state, it was because it wasted people's potential. At least that's how it was when I was growing up. Ike got it. Nixon got it. Ford Got it. I think even Reagan got it.

Today, they seem to operate under the theory of "I've got mine, Fuck you!"

No, the reason to not consider him is because he's an arrogant rich douchebag who has nothing but contempt for at least 47% of the country... and perhaps more.

Romney is nothing you just described. You more accurately described Obama.

Obama's not on tape denouncing half the country... Romney is.

Obama denounced - in a far more condescending and denigrating tone - far more than 47% of the population with his comments about people of faith and gun owners.

And, YES, it IS on tape!

Last edited:
Why are you allowed to post here being such a fucking idiot?

The US after WWII was the lone country on the planet with an intact economy and manufacturing industry compared to the decimated countries of Europe and Asia. So comparing the US of the 1950s to today shows you should be banned from this board.

]

First, most of those countries were completely rebuilt, at our expense, pretty quickly. If you compare reconstruction in Japan or Germany to reconstruction in Iraq, you can see a world of difference.

Of course, the goal was to get those countries back on their feet, not make billions for Halliburton...

The fact is, our dominant position continued well into the 1970's, long after those countries had rebuilt themselves...

But somewhere, morons decided that we needed to get rid of those middle class jobs and the wealthy needed to control more of the wealth...

Thus why we are at where we are now while those battered countries - rebuilt with New Deal idealism- are outpeforming us.

Romney is nothing you just described. You more accurately described Obama.

Obama's not on tape denouncing half the country... Romney is.

Obama denounced - in a far more condescending and denigrating tone - far more than 47% of the population with his comments about people of faith and gun owners.

And, YES, it IS on tape!

Actually, what did he say there that was really out of bounds?

There are people who vote against their own economic interests because of the God, Gays and Gun issues. It's the only thing that keeps the GOP afloat.

If Romney ran as a social liberal and a economic conservative- you know, like he was in Massachusetts - you guys never would have supported him for the nomination.

I used to get really upset about the Gun and Abortion issues. (Gay marriage, not so much.)

Then I realized that the real problems in my life have to do with the fact that the people I work for will try to cheat me at every oppurtunity, and the GOP totally has their backs.

What does my country of residence have to do with anything? Are you one of those asshole yanks who hates the world.... one of the passport-less Americans who think this country of ours functions in a vacuum?

Moron.

I have lived in Europe for the past 16 years. Nice try.

So what? I don't care where you claim to have lived. It's not relevant. Except, apparently, it is to you. You bought up the pathetic 'she lives in GB' bullshit. Not me. Y

Fucking prat.

Since you are always accusing me of being an American without a passport who has never been out if the United States, it is relevant.

Forum List

Back