Two years...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by J3ffr3y, Oct 7, 2012.

1. J3ffr3y

J3ffr3y Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15
    The day that President Barack Obama was sworn into office, he stood at the beginning of a two year period in which his Democratic party enjoyed filibuster proof majorities in both the House and Senate. For those of you who may not know it, that means that they could have passed any piece of legislation they wanted without needing a single Republican vote in either legislative body to do so.

I know that liberals are not curious by nature, but, in light of this, I would like to raise a few, seemingly obvious questions which I'm sure the Obama campaign would like to remain un-asked.

1st) How can President Obama blame congressional Republicans for his failure to keep his 2008 campaign promise to Hispanic voters, to pass comprehensive immigration reform?

2nd) Why didn't the democrats take the opportunity then to pass legislation that would have prevented student loan rates from doubling next year? ...since they claim to be so dismayed about the poor students that may be effected by it...that's weird.
    **maybe its because it was democrats who, in 2008, passed the legislation that cut the rates in half, and wrote in the provision that the rate cut expire in 2012, so they could try to use the issue against republicans in an election year...nah, couldn't be...

3rd) Why didn't President Obama, and congressional democrats, use that 2 year period to pass a budget or otherwise raise the debt ceiling? They could have spared us the horribly scary debt ceiling debacle we all had to endure. You know, the one they tried to blame on house republicans? Yeah, that one.
    (There seems to be a theme developing here)

4th) Why didn't President Obama use that 2 year period to do all, or any, of the wonderful things he claims he wants to do to fix our economy now, if only we could see fit to give him 4 more years?

Im just curious...

Jeffrey

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Care4all

Care4all Warrior Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,087
    it's simply a LIE dear....the Dems enjoyed less than 3 months of a filibuster proof senate.... teddy got sick, wasn't there, scott brown took his spot, al franken was sued and his election win was held off for months and months before he got seated, Byrd got sick, lost his vote... etc etc etc etc.....bottom line, less than 3 months of a super majority in the Senate.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2012
  3. J3ffr3y

J3ffr3y Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Haha
    I will give you a chance to retract that joke of an answer before I point out all the ways that it is an absolutely absurd attempt at an explanation.

...dear.

Jeffrey

4. J3ffr3y

J3ffr3y Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Wait. I have a better idea. For the sake of my own entertainment, change my post to read 3 months everywhere I said 2 years. Then answer the damn questions. Lol

Jeffrey

5. J3ffr3y

J3ffr3y Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Why am I not surprised?

6. tyroneweaver

tyroneweaver Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,860
    my goodness how did obama care get passed

7. GoneBezerk

GoneBezerk BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +495
    The Democraps controlled the White House and Congress for the black messiah's first 2 years and what they did was jam Obamacare down our throats and wasted billions on the Porkulus scam.

Also, after fighting Bush for years over Iraq....Democraps took credit for the drawdown that "Bush" put in place.

They are nothing but scumbags that believe their shit doesn't stink and will do anything to keep power like pander to illegals in this country.

8. Care4all

Care4all Warrior Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,087
    Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia