Two years...

J3ffr3y

Rookie
Aug 24, 2012
The day that President Barack Obama was sworn into office, he stood at the beginning of a two year period in which his Democratic party enjoyed filibuster proof majorities in both the House and Senate. For those of you who may not know it, that means that they could have passed any piece of legislation they wanted without needing a single Republican vote in either legislative body to do so.

I know that liberals are not curious by nature, but, in light of this, I would like to raise a few, seemingly obvious questions which I'm sure the Obama campaign would like to remain un-asked.

1st) How can President Obama blame congressional Republicans for his failure to keep his 2008 campaign promise to Hispanic voters, to pass comprehensive immigration reform?

2nd) Why didn't the democrats take the opportunity then to pass legislation that would have prevented student loan rates from doubling next year? ...since they claim to be so dismayed about the poor students that may be effected by it...that's weird.
**maybe its because it was democrats who, in 2008, passed the legislation that cut the rates in half, and wrote in the provision that the rate cut expire in 2012, so they could try to use the issue against republicans in an election year...nah, couldn't be...

3rd) Why didn't President Obama, and congressional democrats, use that 2 year period to pass a budget or otherwise raise the debt ceiling? They could have spared us the horribly scary debt ceiling debacle we all had to endure. You know, the one they tried to blame on house republicans? Yeah, that one.
(There seems to be a theme developing here)

4th) Why didn't President Obama use that 2 year period to do all, or any, of the wonderful things he claims he wants to do to fix our economy now, if only we could see fit to give him 4 more years?

Im just curious...

Jeffrey

it's simply a LIE dear....the Dems enjoyed less than 3 months of a filibuster proof senate.... teddy got sick, wasn't there, scott brown took his spot, al franken was sued and his election win was held off for months and months before he got seated, Byrd got sick, lost his vote... etc etc etc etc.....bottom line, less than 3 months of a super majority in the Senate.

Last edited:
it's simply a LIE dear....the Dems enjoyed less than 3 months of a filibuster proof senate.... teddy got sick, wasn't there, scott brown took his spot, al franken was sued and his election win was held off for months and months before he got seated, Byrd got sick, lost his vote... etc etc etc etc.....bottom line, less than 3 months of a super majority in the Senate.

Haha
I will give you a chance to retract that joke of an answer before I point out all the ways that it is an absolutely absurd attempt at an explanation.

...dear.

Jeffrey

Wait. I have a better idea. For the sake of my own entertainment, change my post to read 3 months everywhere I said 2 years. Then answer the damn questions. Lol

Jeffrey

my goodness how did obama care get passed

The Democraps controlled the White House and Congress for the black messiah's first 2 years and what they did was jam Obamacare down our throats and wasted billions on the Porkulus scam.

Also, after fighting Bush for years over Iraq....Democraps took credit for the drawdown that "Bush" put in place.

They are nothing but scumbags that believe their shit doesn't stink and will do anything to keep power like pander to illegals in this country.

my goodness how did obama care get passed

Passage in the Senate was temporarily blocked by a filibuster threat by Nebraska Senator Ben Nelson, who sided with the Republican minority. Nelson's support for the bill was won after it was amended to offer a higher rate of Medicaid reimbursement for Nebraska.[139] The compromise was derisively referred to as the "Cornhusker Kickback"[174] (and was later repealed by the reconciliation bill). On December 23, the Senate voted 60–39 to end debate on the bill, eliminating the possibility of a filibuster by opponents. The bill then passed by a vote of 60–39 on December 24, 2009, with all Democrats and two Independents voting for, all but one Republican voting against and one senator (Jim Bunning, R-Ky.) not voting.[175]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patien...rdable_Care_Act#cite_note-USS_RC_2009-396-174
On January 19, 2010, Massachusetts Republican Scott Brown was elected to the Senate, having campaigned on giving the Republican minority the 41st vote needed to sustain a filibuster, even famously signing autographs as "Scott 41."[139][176][177]
Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Forum List

Back