Why is the gay community afraid of "conversion therapy"?

A-Clockwork-Orange-1971-300x225.jpg

See the pretty girl? - Gay Conversion Therapy

Conversion therapy (also known as reparative therapy) is a range of treatments that aim to change sexual orientation from homosexual to heterosexual. Such treatments have been criticized for being pseudo-scientific.
Conversion therapy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The major premise of conversion therapy advocates is that majority of homosexuals are NOT genetically pre-disposed but a learned behavior.

So if the gay community believes so strongly that there is a "I gotta be me" genetic coding that pre-disposes a person to homosexuality why are they so afraid?

So afraid that "conversion therapy aimed at turning gay kids straight will soon be illegal in California, with the state's governor declaring he hopes a new law will relegate such efforts "to the dustbin of quackery."
This bill bans non-scientific 'therapies' that have driven young people to depression and suicide," Brown tweeted. "These practices have no basis in science or medicine."
California governor OKs ban on gay conversion therapy, calling it 'quackery' - CNN.com

Why is there such angst about something that a gay MUST be?

I have NO doubt some "suicides" but HOW MANY ? Where are the facts Mr. Brown?

People are gay for two reasons:
1) they truly were born with a genetic pre-disposition to homosexuality
2) The behavior is learned.

Those are the ONLY two ways that a homosexual IS a homosexual.

I would like anyone to refute that.

As is generally the case the OP on this thread has strayed off in several different directions. The OP being Conversion therapy.

Conversion therapy, Ex Gay or reparative therapy is primarily promoted by the mental health organization, NARTH. NARTH teaches that homosexuality is abnormal, unnatural,undesirable and changeable sexual behavior.

Complete data on conversion theapy is quite often withheld or suppressed. This makes the actual success rate of conversion therapy difficult to guage with any real degree of accuracy. However, several studies have revealed sufficient data which can be utilized to arrive at crude estimate of the conversion success rate:

Studies on conversion therapy for unwanted homosexual attractions yield varying success rates, ranging from 30%-70%, these rates are no different than success rates for other therapeutic practices - However the other therapeutic practices, such as substance abuse and assorted phobias and fetishes are not politically incorrect - criticizing the Gay Agenda and lifestyle is.

A key word in the preceding statement is "unwanted homosexual attractions" - as is the case with other therapeutic practices - treating somebody who doesn't want to be treated and believes they are confortable with their malady is statistically doomed to failure

Being politically charged , politically correct science [Bad Science] will frequently totally disregard the facts, and the agenda of he who shouts the loudest wins.

Socio-Fascists are currently blatantly promoting homosexuality, it is surmised as part of Big Brothers concerted effort to expedite the disintegration of the family structure and reduce the surplus population/ curtail population growth.

So Why is the gay community afraid of "conversion therapy"

It is an admission that their sexual dysphoria -homosexuality is abnormal and something which needs to be treated. If there is no disease , there should not be a need for a cure .
The succes of Conversion Therapy, is the failure of the Gay Agenda - it flies in the face of their ideological agenda and propaganda.

Conversion Therapy is far from the voo-doo quackery preached by the politically correct socio-fascists and useful idiots - it is a viable and effective method of treating a psychologiocally degenerative disease - Homosexuality
Narth goes against all science on this subject.
The Wild Reed: Debunking NARTH (Part I)

Basically they are trying to treat something that isn't a pathology. Homosexuality was removed from the DSM because there is no known pathology that exists in association with it. This hs been studied since the 1950s. I know you have a theory that gaypeople have taken over the APA or bought them out or something like that. Frankly there is no reason for me to believe that, so unless you have evidence, I will think of this like I do the builderburg group. Or Atlantis.

The APA also approved prefrontal lobotomies as well as trepanning. So they are not prone to following fads...i.e. supporting the "I gotta be me" crowd.

In 2008, the organizers of an APA panel on the relationship between religion and homosexuality canceled the event after gay activists objected that "conversion therapists and their supporters on the religious right use these appearances as a public relations event to try and legitimize what they do."[64][65]

Conversion therapy - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
So you think the Apa is not credible because they don't support a so called "therapy" that has no clinical trials, no thesis, no method, and no understanding about the subject they intend to meddle with?

If they could legitimize it, it would be legitimate. Can we change somebody's sexual orientation? What purpose would there be for doing so? So far the misnamed "conversion therapy" has what kind of success rate?

I'm sorry, I don't buy the conspiracy theory that the Apa is controlled by the gays.

If they supported any kind of church provided therapy they would lose credibility. That is wise of them not to.

Any "therapist" that supports converting people's sexuality, can start an association of their own and then battle for legitimacy. I wish them luck.

Hi Faggot - how ya been ? My apologies for not replying to your half baked dribble in a timely fashion , but I've been busy existing in the real world.

So you think the Apa is not credible because they don't support a so called "therapy" .

I and many others don't THINK the APA has no credibility -WE Know the APA has no credibility. The list includes Some of its former leaders and at least one of their former Presidents as well as the man who wrote the motion to have Homosexuality declassified back in the 70s - a move he now regrets . .... Oh yes add the United States Congress to that list - They have censured the APA in the past for their "Non-Scientific" Politically motivated activities.

Can we change somebody's sexual orientation?

Yes , and it has been done although the success ratio is low - somewhat like substance abuse therapy. Oh and by the way- my little cum-guzzling friend - YOU are not even remotely qualified to speculate on such an issue. For starters you're a faggot - carrying my position further it's obvious that you are an uniformed, uneducated and ignorant faggot at that.

Regards and Fk Off

I wonder if there is a conversion therapy for willfully ignorant people. A better question is why do you care who other people sleep with?
A better question would be why are they so hell-bent on disseminating malevolent propaganda and presenting their dementia as an "alternative life-style" to young people.

The brainwashing and conditioning perpetrated against the public and in particular the youngest members of society under the guise of tolerance and diversity is nothing but a smoke screen .

So far as "Conversion Therapy for willfully ignorant people" -I truly wish there was ... but alas ......Liberalism - unlike Homosexuality is not curable it's terminal.

They aren't afraid of conversion therapy. Just when it's used on them. Gays have managed to get all different kinds of straight people sent to conversion therapy to make them more gay friendly.
It's known as conditioning and Brainwashing - and it's done on a societal level.

Because conversion therapy is based on a false premise.

hm, once again you post material that undermines your OP.
LMAO - Jake the Fake still pounding away .:eusa_drool:.. kinda reminds me of the Million Monkeys hypothesis - if you put a million monkeys to peck away at a million typewriters for a million years eventually by shear random chance they will eventually come up with something intelligible in the English Language. I see you haven't gotten there yet ...LOL

Gays have a problem keeping things straight, so to speak.
First they claim that no one would choose to be gay. Then they claim that they dont want any help in overcoming their perversion.
The truth is they not only embrace homsoexuality, defining themselves by it, but think it should be the preferential choice. Thus the efforts to inflate the number of homosexuals in America via discredited stats. And the efforts to introduce homosexuality as normative in schools at ever younger ages.
it is a well known fact that male homosexuals are extremely promiscuous. many of them have hundreds of sex partners over their lifetime. I'm thinking the reason they want other people to be gay is simply so they have someone else to bang.

Gays have a problem keeping things straight, so to speak.
First they claim that no one would choose to be gay. Then they claim that they dont want any help in overcoming their perversion.
The truth is they not only embrace homsoexuality, defining themselves by it, but think it should be the preferential choice. Thus the efforts to inflate the number of homosexuals in America via discredited stats. And the efforts to introduce homosexuality as normative in schools at ever younger ages.
it is a well known fact that male homosexuals are extremely promiscuous. many of them have hundreds of sex partners over their lifetime. I'm thinking the reason they want other people to be gay is simply so they have someone else to bang.
Misery loves company - it's innately natural for Human Beings to mold our fellow man to suit our vision of people should be - and i grudgingly admit that yes --- faggots are human --- degenerate human beings but still bound by the same psychological parameters as real people.

Related question occurs: why is the "straight" community so interested in the gay community?
Related Question - They wouldn't be if you'd get the fk out of our faces ! Back in the closet faggot

Only 1 - 4% of the U.S. population is Gay or Lesbian. Why in Gods name would so many allegedly educated {or indoctrinated as the case may be} and supposedly informed American Adults believe that so very many of their countrymen are homosexuals ? .... drum roll ..... the answer is ....Gross over representation and coverage by the Media, both in Entertainment Fiction {Soaps, Sitcoms, Movies..} as well as News coverage.

Chronology of Gay Activism and Terrorism

1970 New York Post columnist Pete Hamill refers to gays as “slim-waisted freakcreeps” Gay activists picketed the Post and demanded Hamill be fired. The editor apologized, but defended the editorial freedom of his writers.

1970 Gay activists occupied the offices of Harpers Magazine after the magazine ran a cover story “Homo/Hetero: The Struggle for Sexual Identity.” that described homosexuality as "an affront to our rationality living evidence of our despair of ever finding a sensible, an explainable design to the world."

1972 - The Gay Media Task Force is created by the National Gay Task Force to be an organization to manipulate and control network television programming, theoretically as it addressed gay issues.

1972 ..... the networks tilted against the guardians of morality. They began to send scripts to gay Gay consultants routinely. "Anything that crops up in a script that is even remotely gay" said the writer Allan Burns , "They get it and they really make themselves heard" **Inside Prime Time
ir
** by Todd Gitlin

1972 Gay activist, turned journalist Mark Segal feigns disdain that he couldn’t dance with a gay partner on a dance show, infiltrates an ABC affiliate in Philadelphia and interrupts the news broadcast. He later pulled similar charades against the Johnny Carson on the Tonight Show when he stormed out of the Audience during a live show, on the Mike Douglas show and Today shows. Variety claimed that the activities of Segal alone, not to mention other gay activities had cost the entertainment industry $750,000 in costs including lost advertising revenue.

1973 - Gay propagandist/activist invades CBS News with Walter Cronkite.

1974 A popular and long-running medical drama on ABC - Marcus Welby MD tells the story of a teen boy who is sexually molested by his gay science teacher. The episode, “The Outrage” aired October 8, 1974. Gays squawked immediately - a campaign against the network ensued, gays bombarded over 200 organizations with hate mail and lobbied vigorously. Many major sponsors pulled out ,17 affiliates dropped the program. Some of the affiliates dropping the program were coerced by threats of reprisal if they failed to pull it from their stations . ...Like other media activists Loretta Lotman already had established ties with the management of ... local ABC Affiliate.... she warned that if something were not done about the program they would be hit with protests the likes of which thaye had never seen before.. **Target: Prime Time: Advocacy Groups and the Struggle Over Entertainment Television (Communication and Society)
ir

1977 Florida gay rights/privileges ordinance sparks strong opposition . Former Miss Oklahoma beauty pageant winner, and outspoken critic of homosexuality Anita Bryant led the campaign that successfully had the law repealed and she paid dearly. Her career came to a screeching halt, her credibility and reputation was viciously assaulted . She was at one point physically assaulted with a pie while attempting to exercise her right to Free Speech. Beware all those who oppose the Gay Agenda Anita Bryant's career was destroyed by her campaign against "militant homosexuality" She ultimately suffered a divorce, needed counseling, and was bankrupted.

**The Anita Bryant Story
ir

Anita Bryant assaulted - YouTube

Like Satan, Anita Bryant keeps coming back. 2009

Uma Thurman to Play Notorious Anti-Gay Activist in ‘Anita’ 2013

1978 - A Question of Love, ABC TV movie airs based on a lesbian mother and her struggle for custody of her children. Part of manipulated trend to positive TV images of gays , acknowledged as a result of gay activists.

1980 - CBS Reports Episode “Gay Power, Gay Politics” draws strong criticism for what the gay camp referred to as malicious inaccuracies and slanting of the news. The program did heavily focus on the sexual practices of gay males , in particular sadomasochism. The National News Council, stated that CBS had violated journalistic standards through misrepresentation as well as through deceptive editing. I find it curious that the National News Council never says anything when CBS manipulates in favor of the Left leaning liberals and democrats which it has consistently for decades. **See Dan Rather**

1983 NY Times did not cover a fundraiser for Gay Men’s Health Crisis in Madison Square Garden - leads to protests and eventual apology from the Times for not helping in promoting the Gay Agenda

1985 "....You can handle homosexuality - as long as you handle it a lovely, tolerant fashion that will not upset the gay liberation lobby" - Earnest Kinov writer, screenwriter and playwright.

1987 Marshall K. Kirk and Erastes Pill wrote a strategy series of articles entitled "The Overhauling of Straight America" which appeared in Guide Magazine. They wrote ... "In the early states of any campaign to reach straight America, the masses should not be shocked and repelled by premature exposure to homosexual behavior itself. Instead, the imagery of sex should be downplayed and gay rights should be reduced to an abstract social question as much as possible. First let the camel get his nose inside the tent -- and only later his unsightly derriere! "

1987 A study by The Center for Media and Public Affairs reported that only 9% of the characters depicted on TV with AIDS are identified as homosexual ,while in actuality, over 70 percent of such persons have AIDS or HIV. This is in accordance with the unwritten homosexual lobby's demand to define AIDS as non-gay disease.

1988, a conference of 175 gay activist leaders convened near Washington, D.C. to establish an agenda. After that meeting, Harvard-trained social scientists and homosexual activists Marshall Kirk and Hunter Madsen wrote the Gay manifesto After The Ball

1988 episode of NBC's "Midnight Caller" originally portrayed a homosexual as an AIDS carrier who deliberately infects straight woman, a gaggle of gays gathered and more rapidly flocked to NBC Studios and vigorously protested loudly outside the set. The script was changed to appease the pervs, and the program executives humbly kissed their royal infected derrieres while apologizing profusely.

1988, Cosmopolitan magazine published an article "Reassuring News About AIDS: A Doctor Tells Why You May Not Be At Risk." which attempted to inform the public that in unprotected vaginal sex between a man and a woman , the risk of HIV transmission was basically nonexistant, even if the man was infected. This did not fit within the narrow confines of the warped reality that the Homosexual agenda was attempting to ram down societies throat. When lobbying and coercion against the Author and Cosmopolitan failed, the gay agendaites decided they "had to shut down Cosmo." They produced a video entitled, "Doctor, Liars, and Women: AIDS Activists Say No To Cosmo." Activists protested vigorously at the Hearst building (parent company of Cosmopolitan) chanting "Say no to Cosmo!"

1989 Andy Rooney states on air that the year had brought recognition “of the fact that many of the ills which kill us are self-induced: too much alcohol, too much food, drugs, homosexual unions, cigarettes. They’re all known to lead quite often to premature death.” shortly thereafter Rooney made a racial comment “I’ve believed all along that most people are born with equal intelligence, but blacks have watered down their genes because the less intelligent ones are the ones that have the most children. They drop out of school early, do drugs, and get pregnant.” he is suspended for the racial comment , a Gay uproar follows because he was not disciplined for the Gay comment.

1990 The Sacramento Union publishes several editorials against pro-homosexual activities. Vandals quickly destroyed over a hundred of the newspaper's vending machines. The vandalized machines were plastered with stickers from the AIDS Coalition to Unleash Power / ACT UP .

1990 The Wall Street Journal editorialized that it seems to be entirely permissible to discuss homosexuality.....only if you maintain "the approved point of view."

1991 During the height of Operation Desert Storm, ACT UP activist John Weir and two other activists entered the studio of the CBS Evening News at the beginning of the broadcast. They shouted "AIDS is news. Fight AIDS, not Arabs!" Even anchorman Dan Rather, that befuddled bastion of left wing lunacy was not immune to the Gay onslaught. . The same night ACT UP demonstrated at the studios of the MacNeil/Lehrer Newshour. The next day activists displayed banners in Grand Central Terminal that said "Money for AIDS, not for war" and "One AIDS death every 8 minutes." One of the banners was handheld and displayed across the train timetable and the other attached to bundles of balloons that lifted it up to the ceiling of the station's enormous main room. These actions were part of a coordinated protest called "Day of Desperation."[Wikipedia]

1992 Marketing reports indicate that gays have more expendable income than normal people, mainstream advertisers began pouring money into gay publications. Some advertising revenues nearly double.

1994 Roseanne TV episode features a kiss between two females.

1997 Lesbian Television personality Ellen Degenerate .... uh I mean Degeneres, has her TV character also come out, ratings climb.

1996 Los Angeles magazine cover story by gay journalist David Ehrenstein,, argued that gay material was more persuasive than the average viewer might have thought. "You may not have noticed, but your favorite sitcoms are written by gays and lesbians." informed readers with a tongue in cheek nod to the idea of a gay sitcom writer mafia." {Gay TV and Straight America
ir
Pg. 163}

2012 DC Comics relaunches its Green Lantern character as Gay, the original character was a married father of two who first appeared in 1940

2011 - Gallup poll shows that U.S. adults estimate that 25% of Americans are gay or lesbian.

52% of American Adults estimate that at least one in five Americans are gay or lesbian

35% estimate that more than one in four are.

Few put the figure at less than 15%.

The actual number ??? .... drum roll .... envelope please ..... and the answer is ....... LESS THAN 4% are Gay !!!!!

That's correct only 1 - 4% of the U.S. population is Gay or Lesbian. Why in Gods name would so many allegedly educated {or indoctrinated as the case may be} and supposedly informed American Adults believe that so very many of their countrymen are homosexuals ? .... drum roll ..... the answer is ....Gross over representation and coverage by the Media, both in Entertainment Fiction {Soaps, Sitcoms, Movies..} as well as News coverage.

Almost any show currently airing on television features at least one homosexual. Daytime talk shows, Soaps, and comedies are rampant with out of closet card carrying homosexual characters. In addition, all these characters are not permitted to display character flaws, they are either wealthy, educated, and happy OR depressed and oppressed by perceived mistreatment from normal people.

2013 FemTechNet - A feminist internet group is organizing a program entitled "Storming Wikipedia," and are calling for women to edit the site and add feminist stories . Now I see nothing wrong with giving equal representation to the contributions of Women to science , history, the arts and so on, the problem lies in the adverse and perverted agenda which the controlling agents for this organization espouse. A warped world view, generally completely out of context is what they envision and will attempt to implant within the pages of the most trafficked reference site available.

Yale University, Brown University, Pennsylvania State University and many others will offer college credits to students who help to impose the feminist view on wikipedia readers. ‘Storming Wikipedia’: Colleges offer credit to students who enter ‘feminist thinking’ into Wikipedia

2014 A Religious group known as Focus on the Family is trying to release a movie in theaters entitled “Irreplaceable” which presents their views of the value of the traditional family, and dares to suggest the importance of fathers being involved in the lives of their children. I can't comment reliably on the entertainment value or worthiness of the film , as I haven't seen it, and if the Gay Mafia has their way I will never have the opportunity - nor will you.

LGBT advocates, pawns of the Gay Mafia, have launched an intensive campaign to discredit the movie online. The Campaign to shut the Movie Down are being coordinated on Facebook, Twitter and a Change.org petition begun by a gay teacher from California. They have petitioned against it and are working vigorously to ensure that “Irreplaceable” is never seen in local theaters. The President of Focus on Family, Jim Daly reported that some of the more than 700 theaters nationwide scheduled to show the film are backing out under pressure from the Gay Mafia. [See Gay mafia' attacks Focus on the Family movie]

Where was all the righteous indignation when the gay propaganda film broke back mountain came out, Or when pedophile Bryan Singer and his co-conspirators blasted his self admitted subliminal gay propaganda at kids via XMen ? [See : Comic Books and the Gay Agenda]

Gay and Lesbian Media influences

Related question occurs: why is the "straight" community so interested in the gay community?

I think you have it reversed. Straights would prefer gays stay in the closet. Gays prefer promiscuity. Therefore gays are more interested in straights as there more of us then them!

I think you have it reversed. Straights would prefer gays stay in the closet. Gays prefer promiscuity. Therefore gays are more interested in straights as there more of us then them!

What straights are you talking about that prefer gays stay in the closet?

I am straight and do not care one bit. In fact, I would find anyone who is that concerned about wanting gays to stay in the closet to be too interested in the gays.

I am straight and do not care one bit. In fact, I would find anyone who is that concerned about wanting gays to stay in the closet to be too interested in the gays.

That's probably because you are also too promiscuous and you'd be happy to accommodate the gay communities taking advantage of young innocent mallable kids that would be susceptible to a gay's dick licking! That is the ONLY reason the gay community is so high profile is they want to gain more converts to the gay life style.
Which obviously you have no problem with which is another indication of your ignorance about the demise of a civilization when gays become prolific.

That's probably because you are also too promiscuous and you'd be happy to accommodate the gay communities taking advantage of young innocent mallable kids that would be susceptible to a gay's dick licking! That is the ONLY reason the gay community is so high profile is they want to gain more converts to the gay life style.
Which obviously you have no problem with which is another indication of your ignorance about the demise of a civilization when gays become prolific.

Absolutely not. Anyone who molests a child should be thrown into prison. PERIOD.

Now, what consenting adults do in the privacy of their own home is none of my business and I do not care about it. That people are openly gay has no effect at all on me. I raised 3 kids to feel the same way, and none of them were molested. If they had been, I would not be concerned about the gender of the molester. I would be concerned about making sure they went to prison before I got my hands on them. In fact, the only molestation in my extended family involves my ex-wife being molested by her father and step-father. And the fact that it is heterosexual molestation does not make it any less horrific.

I am straight and do not care one bit

That's because you have latent homosexual tendencies - basically you're a closet fag.

Anyone who molests a child should be thrown into prison. PERIOD.
How do you define "molest" - do you consider molesting a child to be simply physical contact of a sexual nature - what about the "Rape - Culture" promoted by gay activists and aimed at Children - I for one consider that a type of Child Molestation.

I am straight and do not care one bit

That's because you have latent homosexual tendencies - basically you're a closet fag.

LMAO!! Oh please. This is the sort of ignorant trolling that makes these forums so entertaining. You are clueless about who I am, but somehow you know I am a "closet fag"? Project much?

How do you define "molest" - do you consider molesting a child to be simply physical contact of a sexual nature - what about the "Rape - Culture" promoted by gay activists and aimed at Children - I for one consider that a type of Child Molestation.

I am not aware of the "Rape Culture" you are talking about. The gays I know are not interested in sex with children and do not advocate any sort of rape.

I am, however, aware of what some call "Rape Culture" among straight people (especially men). Those are the ones who want to blame the women who were raped. You know, the ones who say "Why was she out so late?" of "The way she was dressed she was asking for it".

I am not aware of the "Rape Culture" you are talking about. The gays I know are not interested in sex with children and do not advocate any sort of rape.

I am, however, aware of what some call "Rape Culture" among straight people (especially men). Those are the ones who want to blame the women who were raped. You know, the ones who say "Why was she out so late?" of "The way she was dressed she was asking for it".

Yes - I am well aware of the Feminazi slant on Human Heterosexual Courting - which is why I used that phrase "Rape Culture" To sort of rub your libtard nose in it - but ceist la vie - it went boing- zoom right over your friggin head.

Rape is rape and should be severely punished - However the term "rape culture" has been expanded on to the point of lunacy - where any aspect of male-female courting is twisted to encompass "rape culture".

The link below is only somewhat relevant - so don' t bother clicking on it - it's too advanced for you anyway - it's more there for the convenience of some of the more intellectually endowed people who wander by.

Pedophilia American Style Legitimizing Child Rape

Forum List

Back