Why I changed my mind on weed

Water intoxication can occur in a variety of different clinical settings but is generally not well recognised in the medical literature. The condition may go unrecognised in the early stages when the patient may have symptoms of confusion, disorientation, nausea, and vomiting, but also changes in mental state and psychotic symptoms. Early detection is crucial to prevent severe hyponatraemia, which can lead to seizures, coma, and death.

The patient reported here was a 64 year old woman with a known history of mitral valve disease but no other relevant past history. On the evening before her death, she began compulsively drinking water in vast quantities, estimated at between 30 and 40 glasses, and this was interspersed with episodes of vomiting. She became hysterical and also distressed, shouting that she had not drunk enough water. She declined medical attention but continued to drink water after she had gone to bed. She later fell asleep and died some time later.
Fatal water intoxication

Come on people. Is the radical pot smoking medical profession stating that there is nothing in the entire medical field that addresses medical concerns better than inhaling the smoke from a freaking unregulated weed? The notion is ludicrous.

you can not take this guy as a serious medical professional.
it is cnn propaganda and well paid.

marijuana has some medical properties in very specific medical conditions.
on everybody else - it is HARMFUL.

It is detrimental to your brain plus has ALL the risks, connected to smoking - including the much higher risk for lung cancers ( and several other cancers).

libtards are pushing pot in order to dumb down the populace even more.

But that does not mean you have to buy into it.

And yet you post this idiocy.

I have never had a wreck when high on pot, but I have had several due to being drunk.

Glad you feel it's okay to be high and drive. Pretty disgusting.

Glad you feel it's better to be drunk and having accidents than to be high and not have them.

That's what I call a 'rated PG' post. :thup:

What the fuck is wrong with you asshole? Are you so stupid that you don't realize you can be high on pot or alcohol and if you are driving under the influence of either, you are a fucking moron!

You are so fucking dense, it's scary.

I've never been high on weed but I do know several NBA players that used it and they told me that it only calmed them down and did not impair functionality. I know some other people that it completely zoned them out. i wonder if it just depends on your reaction to it. Still I wouldn't condone driving while under the influence of anything.

Glad you feel it's better to be drunk and having accidents than to be high and not have them.

What the fuck is wrong with you asshole? Are you so stupid that you don't realize you can be high on pot or alcohol and if you are driving under the influence of either, you are a fucking moron!

Well, I know this: if I were high on pot right now I wouldn't be having emotional hissyfits like this ^^

You drew the comparison. Own it.

Why must it be one or the other? How about neither?

It doesn't have to be one or the other in real life, but within this thread Ron Burgundy here only had a problem with the stoner, not the drunk.

The effects of THC on driving are pretty hard to quantify because the question isn't as simple as drunk driving. A drunk may know where he's going but fail to judge movements properly, and/or could become belligerent toward other drivers. Both of these are known effects of alcohol.

A stoner, if heavily and freshly stoned, might forget where he's going or the route, but he'd have to be really high. On the other hand he's far less likely to be racing, driving aggressively or engaging in road rage. Because that kind of competitive crap just no longer matters under the influence. In that sense the stoner may well be a safer driver than he was before.

Especially if without the weed he was in a mood like Ron Burgundy here.

Not that I would know about these effects, this is what they tell me ;)

So it's pretty hard to measure.

Last edited:

Well, I know this: if I were high on pot right now I wouldn't be having emotional hissyfits like this ^^

You drew the comparison. Own it.

No I didn't you just aren't smart enough to comprehend that you can get high from both. Nice try though.

I've never been high on weed but I do know several NBA players that used it and they told me that it only calmed them down and did not impair functionality. I know some other people that it completely zoned them out. i wonder if it just depends on your reaction to it. Still I wouldn't condone driving while under the influence of anything.

like anything else...if you are going to use it.....you take the responsibility for misusing it.....

all this response over marijuana?....that's incredible to me, we have all these threats to our country, to our liberties, and people worry about weed?...The states can handle their own Marijuana laws.

Fair enough.

But suppose there was a drug that raises blood pressure, can produce anxiety including panic attacks and insomnia, even auditory hallucinations; plus this drug is addictive and withdrawal from it can produce fatigue and decreased alertness. Would that be a concern in driving?

Well, that's caffeine. And from that description it's almost certainly got a close working relationship with road rage. Not to mention the other stuff.

Just a comparison.

From your link

Marijuana Raises Risk of Fatal Car Crash

The article is only saying that weed has been shown to have more car crashes then people who drive completely sober.

That will be true about people who : text & drive, Eat & Drive, Talk on Phone & Drive, Drink & Drive, Take prescribed drugs & drive, Drive while very tired.... etc etc

Driving completely sober and not distracted will always have less accidents and fatalities then all those others previously mentioned.

Article does not say it's worse then others mentioned in fact it says it is shown safer then drunk drivers.

Actually, it doesn't say. I used the article to show 2 items drivers may not know about:

Dec. 1, 2005 - People who drive after using marijuana are nearly twice as likely to be involved in a fatal car crash.
French researchers studied all drivers involved in fatal car crashes over a two-year period and found 7% tested positive for marijuana, including nearly 3% who tested positive for a combination of marijuana and alcohol.
Although marijuana's share of fatal crashes is much lower than those attributed to alcohol, researchers say the results show that marijuana use, even in low doses, significantly increases the risk of fatal car accidents.
More Pot, More Deaths

In the study, published in the medical journal BMJ, researchers reviewed information on 10,748 drivers who were involved in fatal car crashes and took required tests for drugs and alcohol.
Twice as many drivers involved in fatal car accidents tested positive for marijuana compared with a group of other drivers.
Researchers say about 2.5% of the fatal crashes were attributable to marijuana compared with nearly 29% attributable to alcohol.
The study also showed that drivers who tested positive for marijuana were more than three times as likely to be responsible for the fatal car crash. Researchers say the likelihood of being at fault increased as the blood concentration of marijuana increased.

The only comparison says "
Twice as many drivers involved in fatal car accidents tested positive for marijuana compared with a group of other drivers."

"Compared with a group of other drivers" does not call to mind omitting drunk drivers.

That said, a lot more people drink than smoke marijuana. Marijuana, though is deadlier in a one-on-one way. Legalize it, people who would never use an illegal substance would use a legal one, thus raising the numbers across the board of users.

That said, you can predict that in another generation, following acceptance, your statistics are going to be egregious, if not potentially exponential.

Eh, we needed a chilling thought on a summer day anyhow. It's way too hot outside.

Your article proves nothing beyond common sense. Naturally if you smoke pot you are at a higher risk for an accident...what moron would ever think otherwise?
That doesnt mean its more harmful than other substances or texting..

Failure her name is becki.

Not! Becki is no failure and posts intelligently and informatively....

all this response over marijuana?....that's incredible to me, we have all these threats to our country, to our liberties, and people worry about weed?...The states can handle their own Marijuana laws.

its a message board Roc.....you want one of those threads.....go get one.....and how can the States handle their own laws if the feds fuck with them about it?...

Since this thread IS about pot.....

I thought I'd do everybody here the favor of posting THE best Blues Song ever recorded in the History of the Universe..... (not kidding)

Give it a few minutes.......

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=2NctZzfPFUA]Duane Allman & Boz Scaggs - LOAN ME A DIME - Studio Version - YouTube[/ame]

ETA:
If you're not gonna listen to the whole thing -- Don't bother :)

Last edited:

Forum List

Back