Why I changed my mind on weed

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America

Dr. Sanjay Gupta: Why I changed my mind on weed - CNN.com

CNN) -- Over the last year, I have been working on a new documentary called "Weed." The title "Weed" may sound cavalier, but the content is not.

I traveled around the world to interview medical leaders, experts, growers and patients. I spoke candidly to them, asking tough questions. What I found was stunning.

Long before I began this project, I had steadily reviewed the scientific literature on medical marijuana from the United States and thought it was fairly unimpressive. Reading these papers five years ago, it was hard to make a case for medicinal marijuana. I even wrote about this in a TIME magazine article, back in 2009, titled "Why I would Vote No on Pot."

Come on people. Is the radical pot smoking medical profession stating that there is nothing in the entire medical field that addresses medical concerns better than inhaling the smoke from a freaking unregulated weed? The notion is ludicrous.

I worked construction while going to college. I will tell you without a doubt if an operator was running a backhoe I would choose to work around the guy who smoked weed the night before rather than the guy who drank the night before.

I don't know exactly when I changed my mind about weed. It wasn't one thing but a culmination of things. I know that in the 70s I didn't care. It took years of witnessing human misery. Alcohol is bad but marijuana is leagues worse. Partly because pot has been characterized as some sort of medicine. A parent, spouse or friend of the pot addict who can't stand it anymore just doesn't want them to "get well".

The end might be another division as the non drug users move further and further away from users. Put them in an isolation with other users.

Come on people. Is the radical pot smoking medical profession stating that there is nothing in the entire medical field that addresses medical concerns better than inhaling the smoke from a freaking unregulated weed? The notion is ludicrous.

you can not take this guy as a serious medical professional.
it is cnn propaganda and well paid.

marijuana has some medical properties in very specific medical conditions.
on everybody else - it is HARMFUL.

It is detrimental to your brain plus has ALL the risks, connected to smoking - including the much higher risk for lung cancers ( and several other cancers).

libtards are pushing pot in order to dumb down the populace even more.

But that does not mean you have to buy into it.

I have no problem with the medical use of pot for legitimate treatments, in fact I sent the link to my congressman and suggested it may be time to rethink federal law on medical marijuana. I'm still undecided on the recreational use, I don't want anyone out there operating cars or other machinery while their high on anything and it's much harder to test for marijuana impairment than alcohol.

Good Gawd not yet another pointless thread on this crap.
The chances of the US legalizing pot are about zero. Get over it and move on to something more product. The right of people to ruin their bodies is not a cornerstone of our society.

Dr. Sanjay Gupta: Why I changed my mind on weed - CNN.com

CNN) -- Over the last year, I have been working on a new documentary called "Weed." The title "Weed" may sound cavalier, but the content is not.

I traveled around the world to interview medical leaders, experts, growers and patients. I spoke candidly to them, asking tough questions. What I found was stunning.

Long before I began this project, I had steadily reviewed the scientific literature on medical marijuana from the United States and thought it was fairly unimpressive. Reading these papers five years ago, it was hard to make a case for medicinal marijuana. I even wrote about this in a TIME magazine article, back in 2009, titled "Why I would Vote No on Pot."

You really should wait until you're sober before changing your mind.

I have no problem with the medical use of pot for legitimate treatments, in fact I sent the link to my congressman and suggested it may be time to rethink federal law on medical marijuana. I'm still undecided on the recreational use, I don't want anyone out there operating cars or other machinery while their high on anything and it's much harder to test for marijuana impairment than alcohol.

Treat it the same ya know?

Good Gawd not yet another pointless thread on this crap.
The chances of the US legalizing pot are about zero. Get over it and move on to something more product. The right of people to ruin their bodies is not a cornerstone of our society.

I cant wait for you to be wrong

Pretty soon they'll be saying pot cures cancer, and makes you likely to win the lottery.

No, what they are saying is that it does provide medicinal benefits to some people, and that it is nowhere near as dangerous as it has been made out to be. Sure, if you smoke it every single day three times per day, then I'm sure it will have adverse effects on that person. But that isn't what we are talking about. Besides, getting drunk every day for twenty straight years is going to have serious effects on people. Why don't we ban alcohol?

No problem as long as you have an accurate field test. Breathalyzers are very reliable for alcohol, I don't think they have equivalent test for pot.

No problem as long as you have an accurate field test. Breathalyzers are very reliable for alcohol, I don't think they have equivalent test for pot.

No issue from me.

you can not take this guy as a serious medical professional.
it is cnn propaganda and well paid.

marijuana has some medical properties in very specific medical conditions.
on everybody else - it is HARMFUL.

It is detrimental to your brain plus has ALL the risks, connected to smoking - including the much higher risk for lung cancers ( and several other cancers).

libtards are pushing pot in order to dumb down the populace even more.

But that does not mean you have to buy into it.

problem is you made that all up of the top of your head

Forum List

Back