What Happened to Weed Over the Past 30 Years?

Nah. The days of the 3/4 oz lid decent Mexican for $15 bucks is a thing of the 70s. It certain is not available in Colorado in the legal stores. They talk about it being so much better now. It is not. But, people act like it is. Did you see the story of the 32-year-old woman in California, that got 100 hours of community service for stabbing her boyfriend 100 times, to death, with a butcher knife and claimed 2 hits off a bong triggered a psychotic break? Bullsh#t!
WTF, Twinkies are a defense for murder--why not pot.

You are going way back before I knew what pot was... But when it was illegal in CA it was expensive as hell... like an 8th for $200... now my friend here in AZ gets a full ounce for less...
I always heard it was an expensive place to live.

I am not a drug user today. The most I ever did was take a drag off a J that was being passed around when I was with a group of people back in my late teens/early 20s. Even then I was drinking, so I cannot say for sure what I felt. The smoke definitely had a certain odor. Then all that kind of fell out of mind for me.

Fast forward to today. I am in my 50s. People will sometimes comment about the strong smell of weed on, or around, somebody. I guess I forgot what it smelled like. I also have allergy issues, but that has been mostly quelled due to years of allergy injections. One day recently I was at the Publix grocery store doing some shopping. These 2 young African-American women walked past me. The smell hit me in the face like a 2'x4' swung at me by Mark McGwire. It finally dawned on me: That is weed smell!! Then I realized I had been smelling this from time to time. It smells like shit, maybe seasoned with a healthy amount of paprika. Now I am noticing it more and more.

Here is the thing: I don't remember this shit smelling so strong back in the day. Yes, it had a distinct smell. But the shit I have been smelling and identifying as pot here lately is like chemical warfare. Has this shit changed or what? I have read about it being stronger now. But Goddamn, the smell is gross.
I'm working on my last quarter of powdered donuts ....it's ridiculously strong

Well, like any drug the goal is to get people addicted so they keep making it stronger and stronger and stronger.

And yes, today's weed is addictive. Its so potent it ruins people ambitions, and shitty people with shitty lives want to block it all out turn to weed because it's so strong and want to keep blocking out reality. The biggest thing that's addictive about is the whole weed culture surrounding it.

Used to you buy a joint, blow out and watch a movie or hang out with friends. Used to people planted seeds and cut off the leaves.

Now people clone seeds, have special fertilizer forumlas, genetically modify the seeds, create new strains and so on. It went from some background shit to a commercial enterprise.

I am not a drug user today. The most I ever did was take a drag off a J that was being passed around when I was with a group of people back in my late teens/early 20s. Even then I was drinking, so I cannot say for sure what I felt. The smoke definitely had a certain odor. Then all that kind of fell out of mind for me.

Fast forward to today. I am in my 50s. People will sometimes comment about the strong smell of weed on, or around, somebody. I guess I forgot what it smelled like. I also have allergy issues, but that has been mostly quelled due to years of allergy injections. One day recently I was at the Publix grocery store doing some shopping. These 2 young African-American women walked past me. The smell hit me in the face like a 2'x4' swung at me by Mark McGwire. It finally dawned on me: That is weed smell!! Then I realized I had been smelling this from time to time. It smells like shit, maybe seasoned with a healthy amount of paprika. Now I am noticing it more and more.

Here is the thing: I don't remember this shit smelling so strong back in the day. Yes, it had a distinct smell. But the shit I have been smelling and identifying as pot here lately is like chemical warfare. Has this shit changed or what? I have read about it being stronger now. But Goddamn, the smell is gross.
You only smoked a joint of course you don't know shit from shinola about it. That is why you make biased ignorant statements, stay stupid my friend.

You only smoked a joint of course you don't know shit from shinola about it. That is why you make biased ignorant statements, stay stupid my friend.
Sure, but when I was in high school and college I smoked some dope. I tried to sound like Cheech and Chong just like everybody else.

Pot smoking and slag-off culture are not things I endeavor to be “in the know” about. That is loser shit.

I have multiple trades and ran my own business for thirty five years, along with military anti armor missile systems, I'd hardly call that "Slag off culture".
Maybe you are one of those highly intelligent but eccentric types?

Today's weed is "designer" grade. It's been engineered to bring out the most potent results of any pot ever grown in history (in my opinion). I smoked it all the time in the late 70s and early 80s. There were varying degrees of potency and quality back then but today's stuff is way stronger and more aromatic. For a short period of time in or around 2017 ... I had a prescription for medical marijuana when I lived in Denver. I was suffering from some unusual pain and pot really helped. But it was so strong that a single hit did what an entire joint did way back when. I ended up getting bronchitis from smoking it so I quit.

Your main point is in making up the story to be about two ' young African black' women.
You want to get back to demeaning women but you have a dilemma preventing you. It must be two weeks by now.

Just go for it Rod.
If they were shot by the police for resisting arrest you can bet the news media would be screaming that they were black

If they were shot by the police for resisting arrest you can bet the news media would be screaming that they were black
You have the equivalent intelligence of a garden slug.

An American racist one.

How about a free chocolate ice cream with sprinkles!!

You have the equivalent intelligence of a garden slug.

An American racist one.

How about a free chocolate ice cream with sprinkles!!
That was a totally mindless default response, you Canuck fuck.

Can’t we all just agree that pot use is consistent with the white trash lifestyle? Regular smokers are either young, white trash, or black, and there is a very thin line separating this trifecta.

Can’t we all just agree that pot use is consistent with the white trash lifestyle? Regular smokers are either young, white trash, or black, and there is a very thin line separating this trifecta.

Mexicans don’t smoke pot?

Got any more dumb shit to say or are you done for the day?

It’s not just THC content, you need to be mindful of the terpenes and pay close attention to the effect, which could vary wildly

It’s very much trial and error.

If you find a strain you like, mark it down and stick with it

Forum List

Back