Zone1 Why I believe the Catholic Church is the little horn of the Book of Daniel

onefour1

Gold Member
Mar 28, 2014
When I was college I read a book entitled, "The Time of the End" by Frances M. Darter. He went over the Book of Daniel and pointed out many prophecies which point to the Catholic Church as being the little horn mentioned in the Book of Daniel. Recently I found this video online that goes over a great deal of what Mr. Darter covered in his book. Here is the video:

Sounds like 7th day adventist stuff
Could be. I haven't checked into who the presenter is or who created the video. This info has been around for along time and from what I've read, Isaac Newton believed this stuff.

Only problem is that I am trying to think of any so called prophet in the last 3000 years , say , whose success record is better than zero . Not even over hyped Nostradamus passes that test .

When I was college I read a book entitled, "The Time of the End" by Frances M. Darter. He went over the Book of Daniel and pointed out many prophecies which point to the Catholic Church as being the little horn mentioned in the Book of Daniel. Recently I found this video online that goes over a great deal of what Mr. Darter covered in his book. Here is the video:

Jesus Christ "fulfilled"(Matt. 5:17)..........the prophesies from the Law and the Prophets when He declared "It is finished". (John 19:30) Anything you might read from the O.T. is now history, Jesus proclaimed that His work in fulfilling prophecy was finished. "I have glorified Thee (Father/God) on earth: I HAVE FINISHED THE WORK THOU GAVEST ME TO DO." -- John 17:4

Jesus declared the prophecy from Daniel would be fulfilled in the first century (Matthew 23:36, Matthew 24:15)

The book of Daniel was written about 164 BC about Antiochus. .. he defiled the temple. That lead to the maccabean revolt.

Only problem is that I am trying to think of any so called prophet in the last 3000 years , say , whose success record is better than zero . Not even over hyped Nostradamus passes that test .
Surely Jesus Christ, who did no sin, on your scale must be above zero, He was a perfect man who sacrificed himself for the sins of all mankind. If he doesn't qualify then you need to reevaluate your scale.

Isaiah prophecied the birth of our Savior, the Messiah. A virgin birth. Even Jesus Christ.
Isaiah also said a marvelous book would come out of the ground in the last days. The Book of Mormon certainly looks like it could be that book who was translated by an unlearned man, Joseph Smith when a learned expert could not. Ezekiel also wrote about this same book as being the book of Joseph to be one in our hands with the book of Judah (Bible) in the last days. There are many others as well.

Jesus Christ "fulfilled"(Matt. 5:17)..........the prophesies from the Law and the Prophets when He declared "It is finished". (John 19:30) Anything you might read from the O.T. is now history, Jesus proclaimed that His work in fulfilling prophecy was finished. "I have glorified Thee (Father/God) on earth: I HAVE FINISHED THE WORK THOU GAVEST ME TO DO." -- John 17:4

Jesus declared the prophecy from Daniel would be fulfilled in the first century (Matthew 23:36, Matthew 24:15)
The video is not about Jesus the Christ but about the little horn of Daniel. Yes, Jesus came and fulfilled prophesy regarding the coming Messiah but the prophesy of the little horn is in no way a prophesy of Jesus. Jesus did not fulfill every prophesy of the Old Testament. For example, the prophesy of his return and setting his feet upon the Mount of Olives and it cleaving in twain. (Zechariah 14:3-4). There have been many prophesies in the Old Testament that have yet to be fulfilled. Daniel's prophesy of the little horn has been partially fulfilled but is still going on. Matthew 23:36 only tells us that the Scribes and Pharisees of Jesus day were among those who slay the prophets and that they are they that sought the blood of Jesus Christ. Matthew 24:15 speaks of only a part of the prophesies of Daniel regarding the abomination of desolation. This occurred in 70 A.D. when the Romans sacked Jerusalem and destroyed the temple. It has nothing to do with the little horn.

The book of Daniel was written about 164 BC about Antiochus. .. he defiled the temple. That lead to the maccabean revolt.
According to Jesus Christ, Daniel was a true prophet of God. Daniel tells of when he made some of his writings in Daniel 7:1

Daniel 7:1
1 In the first year of Belshazzar king of Babylon Daniel had a dream and visions of his head upon his bed: then he wrote the dream, and told the sum of the matters.

Daniel himself tells us that he wrote down his dreams and visions and that it was not made up in 164 B.C.

According to Jesus Christ, Daniel was a true prophet of God. Daniel tells of when he made some of his writings in Daniel 7:1

Daniel 7:1
1 In the first year of Belshazzar king of Babylon Daniel had a dream and visions of his head upon his bed: then he wrote the dream, and told the sum of the matters.

Daniel himself tells us that he wrote down his dreams and visions and that it was not made up in 164 B.C.

It's a story to encourage the Jewish people through a difficult time that was written by a group of sages . It's set in ancient Babylon. I could write a story today set during the Revolutionary War. It was written in 164 BC.

It's a story to encourage the Jewish people through a difficult time that was written by a group of sages . It's set in ancient Babylon. I could write a story today set during the Revolutionary War. It was written in 164 BC.
Dreams and visions of Daniel are not of the past. They are future events

Dreams and visions of Daniel are not of the past. They are future events

Nope they already happened. That's why Jesus referenced them. The temple under Antiochus was the first Abomination of Desolation.

Nope they already happened. That's why Jesus referenced them. The temple under Antiochus was the first Abomination of Desolation.
Once again, you misunderstood. The prophecies of Daniel were to be in the future. Uggg…

Once again, you misunderstood. The prophecies of Daniel were to be in the future. Uggg…

Sorry, the book is about the trials of Antiochus IV Epiphanies. Once the temple was cleaned up and rededicated that was the first Hanukkah.

Isaiah prophecied the birth of our Savior, the Messiah. A virgin birth. Even Jesus Christ.
Isaiah also said a marvelous book would come out of the ground in the last days. The Book of Mormon certainly looks like it could be that book who was translated by an unlearned man, Joseph Smith when a learned expert could not. Ezekiel also wrote about this same book as being the book of Joseph to be one in our hands with the book of Judah (Bible) in the last days. There are many others as well.

Isaiah is about Israel not Jesus. Why would Isaiah change context for one verse?

Sorry, the book is about the trials of Antiochus IV Epiphanies. Once the temple was cleaned up and rededicated that was the first Hanukkah.
Sad. Nonbelievers are sad people. Aren't they! No, Daniel and other prophets go way beyond their times. The last days or latter-days did not mean of the time period they were in.

Sad. Nonbelievers are sad people. Aren't they! No, Daniel and other prophets go way beyond their times. The last days or latter-days did not mean of the time period they were in.
Antiochus IV Epiphanies was the little horn. See Daniel 8.

Forum List

Back