Zone1 Anyone here personally or know of someone who has converted to another religion?

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
i am not alluding to a different branch of sect of their current religion of Faith, but an entirely new religion altogether? I believe there are probably many converts to Buddhism simply because the process is far more simple and private. Other religions are more difficult

Anyone?

Thank you for your time.

i am not alluding to a different branch of sect of their current religion of Faith, but an entirely new religion altogether? I believe there are probably many converts to Buddhism simply because the process is far more simple and private. Other religions are more difficult

Anyone?

Thank you for your time.
I converted to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints from the Jewish Religion. Not sure if my family lit a candle for me and had a death service for me... :popcorn: Why do you ask?

Anyone?

Thank you for your time.
I converted from Baptist eventually to Buddhism.

I can say i'm christian and i'm Christian. But I don't have to practice Christianity
I can say I'm Muslim and i'm Muslim. But I don't need to practice Islam.
But it is what one does that makes one Buddhist.

Have you ever discussed Buddhist philosophy with an actual teacher?

Anyone?

Thank you for your time.
My second wife converted from Biblical Christianity to the Eastern Orthodox Church (based more on tradition than the written Word of God).

Anyone?

Thank you for your time.

I converted from Judaism to Orthodox Christianity.

I converted from Baptist eventually to Buddhism.

I can say i'm christia
and i'm Christian. But I don't have to practice Christianity
I can say I'm Muslim and i'm Muslim. But I don't need to practice Islam.
But it is what one does that makes one Buddhist.

Have you ever discussed Buddhist philosophy with an actual teacher?
Yes. I took a course on religion in University and plenty of self exploration.

Yes. I took a course on religion in University and plenty of self exploration.
Not a response to the question.

Have you ever talked about Buddhism with an actual Buddhist teacher of Buddhism?
You don't learn Buddhism, you practice it, or you don't.

I am not Buddhist.
That's OK.
We're all a little Buddhist at some level.

Setting aside the mediation practices and the readings the best description of Buddhism is one that cause the "Christians" to go all bonkers a few years ago.

"Be good for goodness sake"

At its core, that phrase is Buddhism.

An act of kindness with the expectation of some reward isn't really and act of kindness but a self serving lie.
But understanding that the act itself is the reward is Buddhism at its simplest level.

Anyone?

Thank you for your time.
i know some who have

My sister and I both converted from Catholicism to atheism (though atheism isn't technically a religion).

Forum List

Back