Zone1 We can all blame Martin Luther for the disaster that is the Catholic Church today

Luther (former Catholic priest/excommunicated heretic) was the first to seriously rupture the Church, claiming to set up other "churches" not founded by Christ but by him, a mere human being, a pattern that persists to this day since people no longer even accept the notion that there IS such a thing as "the original Church" (since they can't find it, &/or won't look for it....)

Luther (et al) started the first rupture that led to all the other ruptures, which then led to what we have today, which is

one word

Francis

:oops::uhoh3:

This reminds me of a bumper sticker I saw recently:

Don't blame me, I voted for Trump

Don't blame me, I didn't disrupt the Church. Never would it enter my mind to drastically change --liberalize--the Church Christ Himself established on Earth....!

(I guess I just don't have the balls Luther did... yet, balls or not, he is very likely burning in Hell)
Good Lord, you sure do have an external locus of control mentality.

People.. human nature is impressed with titles and positions of worldly power. I speak of the papacy or what passes as such today

Other Catholics are not at all impressed. Those of us who have studied the modern history of the CC know that after Vatican II, things were NOT Catholic, to speak of.

Other people have not studied thesituation, so they just scratch their heads whenever Francis says some goofy thing... and write it off as

"Oh, we've had bad popes before..."

Bad? No, the last 6 have been heretics.. That is beyond bad. For those who don't know what a heretic is: it is someone who doesn't believe/practice/teach the orthodox (small O) Faith handed down to us from the Master Himself...

No pope can be a heretic. "Heretical pope" is about as contradictory a term as can be found anywhere in the universe

Forum List

Back