Why does anyone need to post a link, in order to have an opinion?

Frannie

Gold Member
Feb 27, 2019
My opinions come from me, not from internet links. Now I do know that most democrats are too stupid to have an opinion of their own, but why should intelligent people be held to the needs of the democrats on the food stamp / welfare line

My opinions come from me, not from internet links. Now I do know that most democrats are too stupid to have an opinion of their own, but why should intelligent people be held to the needs of the democrats on the food stamp / welfare line

Its an appeal to authority, although someone posting the same idea on a website doesn't make it valid. Heck, I have a couple websites I could post whatever to.

/----/ Link please....

• Banned

Its an appeal to authority, although someone posting the same idea on a website doesn't make it valid. Heck, I have a couple websites I could post whatever to.
All I am saying is that the first amendment entitles me to my opinion and to voice it. I do not have to back up this opinion with another or follow in the steps of another.

Independent thought is more valuable then an internet link

If your opinions are based on your values, links are never required. However, if your opinion is that Trump is a liar you should be able to support it. Too many people here pull their 'facts' out of their butts.

All I am saying is that the first amendment entitles me to my opinion and to voice it. I do not have to back up this opinion with another or follow in the steps of another.

Yes in some ways, no in others.

Would you agree the best post would have independent thought backed up by statistics from links? But yeah, in this age of the web not all references are created equal.

• Banned
If your opinions are based on your values, links are never required. However, if your opinion is that Trump is a liar you should be able to support it. Too many people here pull their 'facts' out of their butts.
Why should you be able to say that without a link?

Think fool

Funny you should bring that up. Some of the biggest "Cite, Cite, Cite" screamers and demands are made from the ultra rights. And some of the biggest out of context cites are made from the same people. Yes, You should have your own opinion but I also reserve that same right. And it's a Right given to us by the 1st Amendment. But it doesn't stop me from either agreeing, ignoring or laughing in public at your opinion either. You have the same rights for mine.

Yes in some ways, no in others.

Would you agree the best post would have independent thought backed up by statistics from links? But yeah, in this age of the web not all references are created equal.
Nope, the links that ALL PROVED THAT TRUMP COULD NOT BE ELECTED WERE FUCKING NONSENSE, like your opinion

Silly

Funny you should bring that up. Some of the biggest "Cite, Cite, Cite" screamers and demands are made from the ultra rights. And some of the biggest out of context cites are made from the same people. Yes, You should have your own opinion but I also reserve that same right. And it's a Right given to us by the 1st Amendment. But it doesn't stop me from either agreeing, ignoring or laughing in public at your opinion either. You have the same rights for mine.
Just tell me again that Hillypoo has a 98 percent chance of winning...……………

Lots of links to that BS

Because your opinions are ignorant, subjective, and wrong - this post being an example.

Both "sides" do this.

As far as citations go the problem lies in too many people thinking that citing another person's opinion somehow justifies their own.

Because your opinions are ignorant, subjective, and wrong - this post being an example.
And you voted for Hillary because the links said she has a 98 percent chance of winning.

Yawning

I will be wrong someday, u will never live to see that day however

It's nice to have an opinion, but your opinion does not carry anymore weight than anyone else's opinion. A link shows your opinion has validity and should be taken seriously.

Forum List

Back