Why do you think this NY Times Op-Ed was written?

If this person really exists and is outed, the left will take care of him. It is likely he would be a hero to those on the left, and immediately get a high level position at CNN or MSNBC.

Lets start...

The disarray in the White House is not the Left's fault. I know there are people here that believe everything bad in the world must be from the Left and every good from the Right...

The NYT op-ed was written by a conservative... He said it in the article... He was chosen by Trump to serve the country not Trump...

Bob Woodward is not from the Left... He is one of the best investigative journalists ever in America.

Trump erratic behaviour is not caused by the Left...

The Left arrange a meeting with Russians to 'get dirt on Clinton'...

The Left didn't numerous campaign members break the law. The laws are serious and carry serious time...

The Left didn't triple inflation and increase borrowing to over a trillion a year...
I didn't blame the left in my prior post. However, it is my opinion that the left will do what they can to protect this person, whoever it is.
Correction, the left will do whatever it takes to take Trump out. Including writing this op/ed and attributing it to someone in the administration.
It's tough to imagine the name won't come out at some point.

So the motivations will probably be pretty obvious.
When the NY Times wants to keep a source hidden -- regardless of motivation -- they often manage to do so. In this case, I think it may actually be an employee of the NY Times who wrote it so they'll go to court over it.

If this person really exists and is outed, the left will take care of him. It is likely he would be a hero to those on the left, and immediately get a high level position at CNN or MSNBC.

Lets start...

The disarray in the White House is not the Left's fault. I know there are people here that believe everything bad in the world must be from the Left and every good from the Right...

The NYT op-ed was written by a conservative... He said it in the article... He was chosen by Trump to serve the country not Trump...

Bob Woodward is not from the Left... He is one of the best investigative journalists ever in America.

The Left didn't numerous campaign members break the law. The laws are serious and carry serious time...

The Left didn't triple inflation and increase borrowing to over a trillion a year...
I didn't blame the left in my prior post. However, it is my opinion that the left will do what they can to protect this person, whoever it is.
Correction, the left will do whatever it takes to take Trump out. Including writing this op/ed and attributing it to someone in the administration.

When the NY Times wants to keep a source hidden -- regardless of motivation -- they often manage to do so. In this case, I think it may actually be an employee of the NY Times who wrote it so they'll go to court over it.
I mentioned earlier, one of the networks had a reporter on who was laughing about how intensely they're all working to find the author. Plus there are a lot of people who will want to protect themselves. I'd be surprised if it took long. Who knows. Soon, I hope.

There's something that isn't making sense to me on this.

Let's assume that this whole thing is true, that an important person at the White House wrote this editorial as an account of this group of people who are manipulating as much as possible around Trump to protect the country.

Why would they expose this plot, one which they seem to think is working? Surely the person who wrote this knew they'll ultimately be exposed. Surely they know this will change things at the White House. So why would they let the cat out of the bag at this time?

The only two reasons I can come up with are (a) that they want to influence the November elections for some help in decreasing Trump's overall power, and (b) that they're hoping that we take a serious look at the 25th. What are your guesses?

I was going to start this in the CDZ, but let's see if we can get some serious thought here.
It can't be real. I think it's clear that journalists are going to be releasing opinion pieces from roughly 300 different publications to influence the election. They tipped it off a couple of weeks ago. This is just a story that supposedly reinforces a false narrative that Trump is nuts. The Democrats keep repeating this lie in every speech, every hearing, every time they can get cameras to focus on them. They're trying to act like they're saving us from a dangerous dictator. The problem with that is Trump is trying to protect us from THEM.

This op-ed crossed the line. If true, it shows an actual espionage operation is ongoing inside the WH.
It also proved, if true, that there is a Deep-state willing to do anything to stop him.
So on one hand you have people spying on Trump, despite the Deep-State claiming that they aren't.
All of the leaks are either BS or there is some janitor listening in on Trump meetings.

Here's the rub.....if there was any truth to Russian Collusion, a spy or a mole would have been able to prove it by now.
Any Democrat that tries to take advantage of this fake story is pretty stupid, because it only proves that Trump was right all along.
Whoever it is, they're guilty of sedition/treason. If this person really exists, then they are not only undermining the lawful operation of the government, but this person is subject to not only firing, but a long prison term. Course Liz Warren has already foolishly jumped on it. Everyone else, so far, has tried to stay clear of it, because they know how dangerous this situation can become if true.

The biggest tip-off is a lack of sourcing. No way any respectable media outlet pushes such a story against a sitting president without them being on the record. They want to set the new norm going forward "we will be fake news all of the time with only one objective, to manipulate you".

These are tactics that Intelligence agencies use all the time against foreign government, they shouldn't be used against ones own government. These media outlets may be crossing a line, and they will never come back

Let's assume that this whole thing is true, that an important person at the White House wrote this editorial as an account of this group of people who are manipulating as much as possible around Trump to protect the country.

Why would they expose this plot, one which they seem to think is working? Surely the person who wrote this knew they'll ultimately be exposed. Surely they know this will change things at the White House. So why would they let the cat out of the bag at this time?

The only two reasons I can come up with are (a) that they want to influence the November elections for some help in decreasing Trump's overall power, and (b) that they're hoping that we take a serious look at the 25th. What are your guesses?

I was going to start this in the CDZ, but let's see if we can get some serious thought here.
It can't be real. I think it's clear that journalists are going to be releasing opinion pieces from roughly 300 different publications to influence the election. They tipped it off a couple of weeks ago. This is just a story that supposedly reinforces a false narrative that Trump is nuts. The Democrats keep repeating this lie in every speech, every hearing, every time they can get cameras to focus on them. They're trying to act like they're saving us from a dangerous dictator. The problem with that is Trump is trying to protect us from THEM.

This op-ed crossed the line. If true, it shows an actual espionage operation is ongoing inside the WH.
It also proved, if true, that there is a Deep-state willing to do anything to stop him.
So on one hand you have people spying on Trump, despite the Deep-State claiming that they aren't.
All of the leaks are either BS or there is some janitor listening in on Trump meetings.

Here's the rub.....if there was any truth to Russian Collusion, a spy or a mole would have been able to prove it by now.
Any Democrat that tries to take advantage of this fake story is pretty stupid, because it only proves that Trump was right all along.
Whoever it is, they're guilty of sedition/treason. If this person really exists, then they are not only undermining the lawful operation of the government, but this person is subject to not only firing, but a long prison term. Course Liz Warren has already foolishly jumped on it. Everyone else, so far, has tried to stay clear of it, because they know how dangerous this situation can become if true.
I think it's fair to wonder if it's real. It's definitely fishy in some ways.

At the same time, we've completely lost our shit, and I don't think I'd be surprised by any name, if it were real.

But given Trump's behaviors since the day he came down the escalator - behaviors proudly cheered on by his followers - any of this is possible.
I don’t think his behavior warrants a spy in the WH. Do you?

You assume this "person" is real.
There is no more evidence of that than there is of alien moon bases on the dark side of the moon.

Lets start...

I mentioned earlier, one of the networks had a reporter on who was laughing about how intensely they're all working to find the author. Plus there are a lot of people who will want to protect themselves. I'd be surprised if it took long. Who knows. Soon, I hope.
Possibly. I intend to sit back and laugh at the whole lot.

I finally managed to get a weekend off, so I don't know about it until at least Tuesday at the earliest. I'm not doing the news or politics this weekend.

At the same time, we've completely lost our shit, and I don't think I'd be surprised by any name, if it were real.

But given Trump's behaviors since the day he came down the escalator - behaviors proudly cheered on by his followers - any of this is possible.
I don't like any of this, really. Nor would I like it if it happened with Obama.

This is ugly. But it's also a reflection of us.

There is no more evidence of that than there is of alien moon bases on the dark side of the moon.
What? Did you miss the Transformers movie? lol

I don't like any of this, really. Nor would I like it if it happened with Obama.

It is exactly what an unhinged group of people would plot to do. They hate him that much.

Well, that's why I bolded "Let's assume that this whole thing is true".

Hopefully this whole thing gets outed soon. But not TOO soon, because this part is kinda fun.

It is exactly what an unhinged group of people would plot to do. They hate him that much.
Hate's a pretty common emotion right now, that's for sure.

(a) that they want to influence the November elections for some help in decreasing Trump's overall power, and (b) that they're hoping that we take a serious look at the 25th. What are your guesses?
That's about all I could manage, too. Another possibility is to cast a new light on Trump pushing members of his administration out the door, so that it costs Trump more political capital each time he does it. If this person truly feels he is part of the vanguard, and sees that vanguard crumbling, he might want to make it harder for Trump to get rid of people in it.

Since we have all read the piece and aren’t just talking out of our asses, what is the most damning thing in the piece?

Which NYT article are we talking about?

Although if you meant all of them it's still a legitimate question.

Yes it could be all made up to discredit Trump.

I believe some of the verbiage is key; just my opinion. Let's take a look.

"To be clear, ours is not the popular “resistance” of the left. We want the administration to succeed and think that many of its policies have already made America safer and more prosperous.

But we believe our first duty is to this country, and the president continues to act in a manner that is detrimental to the health of our republic.

The root of the problem is the president’s amorality. Anyone who works with him knows he is not moored to any discernible first principles that guide his decision making.

In addition to his mass-marketing of the notion that the press is the “enemy of the people,” President Trump’s impulses are generally anti-trade and anti-democratic.

But these successes have come despite — not because of — the president’s leadership style, which is impetuous, adversarial, petty and ineffective.

It may be cold comfort in this chaotic era, but Americans should know that there are adults in the room. We fully recognize what is happening. And we are trying to do what’s right even when Donald Trump won’t.

Given the instability many witnessed, there were early whispers within the cabinet of invoking the 25th Amendment, which would start a complex process for removing the president. But no one wanted to precipitate a constitutional crisis. So we will do what we can to steer the administration in the right direction until — one way or another — it’s over."

So, here is my take:
* The 25th A was already discussed & they decided not to go there.
* Trump is not grounded; he is a pinball bouncing inside of a pinball machine = chaos.
* There are adults in the room baby sitting a POTUS they see as doing (some) good but also doing too much damage.
* We are trying to mitigate the damage BUT don't be surprised if we all get blown to Hell with nukes before this ends.
* Everyone, please cross your fingers

Since we have all read the piece and aren’t just talking out of our asses, what is the most damning thing in the piece?
Oh, far and away the most damaging thing is that it pulls the rug out from under the claims that the criticism of trump that matches this piece is purely partisan.

Exactly, maybe if there was a shred of proof to the Russia bullshit, some of this would be believable.

If they anonymous OPED was published in the Washington Times and said that Trump was the greatest guy ever and everything is great, liberals would say it was fucking fake. Bank on it.

(a) that they want to influence the November elections for some help in decreasing Trump's overall power, and (b) that they're hoping that we take a serious look at the 25th. What are your guesses?
That's about all I could manage, too. Another possibility is to cast a new light on Trump pushing members of his administration out the door, so that it costs Trump more political capital each time he does it. If this person truly feels he is part of the vanguard, and sees that vanguard crumbling, he might want to make it harder for Trump to get rid of people in it.
There are some other pretty interesting theories on this thread.

If they anonymous OPED was published in the Washington Times and said that Trump was the greatest guy ever and
No, they would just claim it to be partisan cheerleading, of the sort that we see every single day. Unfortunately for your comparison, you can't make that point about the op-ed that was actually published in what we all call "reality".

Forum List

Back