Why do you think this NY Times Op-Ed was written?

If the op ed is true?

Interesting question.

If there actually is a high level official writing it, then think it's to manipulate the President somehow

You have no idea whether it is true or not, and neither do they, moron.

If they said it was a hoax then they would be able prove it, and because they cannot prove it they assume it is real.

All we have to go by is the reaction of the White House and the Trump staff. None of them have come out and said it was bullshit, but they were damn quick to deny they wrote it.

Even Trump is demanding to know the name and not denying the accuracy of the Op-Ed.

Why do you think that is?

I found it interesting that the author took special care to touch on Trump's bizarre behavior regarding Russia and Putin.

There's something that isn't making sense to me on this.

Let's assume that this whole thing is true, that an important person at the White House wrote this editorial as an account of this group of people who are manipulating as much as possible around Trump to protect the country.

Why would they expose this plot, one which they seem to think is working? Surely the person who wrote this knew they'll ultimately be exposed. Surely they know this will change things at the White House. So why would they let the cat out of the bag at this time?

The only two reasons I can come up with are (a) that they want to influence the November elections for some help in decreasing Trump's overall power, and (b) that they're hoping that we take a serious look at the 25th. What are your guesses?

I was going to start this in the CDZ, but let's see if we can get some serious thought here.
Unless The NY Times plans to rat this person out after the damage is done, there is no way this person is real.

Oh, it was a real person and what they claimed is at least partially true because after it came out Trump's closest advisers were jumping all over each other to be the first one to deny they wrote it. None of them called it BS, they just said "it was not me".
i think "none of them calling it BS" is a reach. most people will do the same thing about of human nature. now was anyone who said NOT ME *asked* if any of it were true?

If it is not true and they know it is not true, then why bother to claim you did not write it? Seems the more logical thing to do is say it is not true.

Let's assume that this whole thing is true, that an important person at the White House wrote this editorial as an account of this group of people who are manipulating as much as possible around Trump to protect the country.

Why would they expose this plot, one which they seem to think is working? Surely the person who wrote this knew they'll ultimately be exposed. Surely they know this will change things at the White House. So why would they let the cat out of the bag at this time?

The only two reasons I can come up with are (a) that they want to influence the November elections for some help in decreasing Trump's overall power, and (b) that they're hoping that we take a serious look at the 25th. What are your guesses?

I was going to start this in the CDZ, but let's see if we can get some serious thought here.
It can't be real. I think it's clear that journalists are going to be releasing opinion pieces from roughly 300 different publications to influence the election. They tipped it off a couple of weeks ago. This is just a story that supposedly reinforces a false narrative that Trump is nuts. The Democrats keep repeating this lie in every speech, every hearing, every time they can get cameras to focus on them. They're trying to act like they're saving us from a dangerous dictator. The problem with that is Trump is trying to protect us from THEM.

This op-ed crossed the line. If true, it shows an actual espionage operation is ongoing inside the WH.
It also proved, if true, that there is a Deep-state willing to do anything to stop him.
So on one hand you have people spying on Trump, despite the Deep-State claiming that they aren't.
All of the leaks are either BS or there is some janitor listening in on Trump meetings.

Here's the rub.....if there was any truth to Russian Collusion, a spy or a mole would have been able to prove it by now.
Any Democrat that tries to take advantage of this fake story is pretty stupid, because it only proves that Trump was right all along.
Whoever it is, they're guilty of sedition/treason. If this person really exists, then they are not only undermining the lawful operation of the government, but this person is subject to not only firing, but a long prison term. Course Liz Warren has already foolishly jumped on it. Everyone else, so far, has tried to stay clear of it, because they know how dangerous this situation can become if true.
I think it's fair to wonder if it's real. It's definitely fishy in some ways.

At the same time, we've completely lost our shit, and I don't think I'd be surprised by any name, if it were real.

But given Trump's behaviors since the day he came down the escalator - behaviors proudly cheered on by his followers - any of this is possible.
Course it all depends on your opinion and your bias.
Trump doesn't act like most people.
If you have a problem with Trump, you're going to think the worst of him.
However, the one thing we can trust in him is that he will always do what is best for America.
It's clear that there are people in Washington that only want to do what is best for them or their party.
Trump will do whatever it takes to improve our lives.
And Trump cannot be bought.
Some will think that his attitude isn't politically smart, but then again, this is why every politician in Washington fails to do his job.
We have a man in the Oval Office with the guts to sacrifice himself to do what he knows will make our lives better.
Everybody else just wants to do what will help him keep his job.

Unless The NY Times plans to rat this person out after the damage is done, there is no way this person is real.

Oh, it was a real person and what they claimed is at least partially true because after it came out Trump's closest advisers were jumping all over each other to be the first one to deny they wrote it. None of them called it BS, they just said "it was not me".
i think "none of them calling it BS" is a reach. most people will do the same thing about of human nature. now was anyone who said NOT ME *asked* if any of it were true?

If it is not true and they know it is not true, then why bother to claim you did not write it? Seems the more logical thing to do is say it is not true.
Because they personally didn’t write it and they don’t know if someone else did or not.

You apparently don’t understand what logic is.

Because they personally didn’t write it and they don’t know if someone else did or not.
You seem to be the one having a hard time with basic logic, as your statement would not explain why they did not deny the truth of the content, regardless of who wrote it.

It can't be real. I think it's clear that journalists are going to be releasing opinion pieces from roughly 300 different publications to influence the election. They tipped it off a couple of weeks ago. This is just a story that supposedly reinforces a false narrative that Trump is nuts. The Democrats keep repeating this lie in every speech, every hearing, every time they can get cameras to focus on them. They're trying to act like they're saving us from a dangerous dictator. The problem with that is Trump is trying to protect us from THEM.

This op-ed crossed the line. If true, it shows an actual espionage operation is ongoing inside the WH.
It also proved, if true, that there is a Deep-state willing to do anything to stop him.
So on one hand you have people spying on Trump, despite the Deep-State claiming that they aren't.
All of the leaks are either BS or there is some janitor listening in on Trump meetings.

Here's the rub.....if there was any truth to Russian Collusion, a spy or a mole would have been able to prove it by now.
Any Democrat that tries to take advantage of this fake story is pretty stupid, because it only proves that Trump was right all along.
Whoever it is, they're guilty of sedition/treason. If this person really exists, then they are not only undermining the lawful operation of the government, but this person is subject to not only firing, but a long prison term. Course Liz Warren has already foolishly jumped on it. Everyone else, so far, has tried to stay clear of it, because they know how dangerous this situation can become if true.

At the same time, we've completely lost our shit, and I don't think I'd be surprised by any name, if it were real.

But given Trump's behaviors since the day he came down the escalator - behaviors proudly cheered on by his followers - any of this is possible.
However, the one thing we can trust in him is that he will always do what is best for America.
It's clear that there are people in Washington that only want to do what is best for them or their party.
Some will think that his attitude isn't politically smart, but then again, this is why every politician in Washington fails to do his job.
We have a man in the Oval Office with the guts to sacrifice himself to do what he knows will make our lives better.

BOTH the irony meter & the naivete meter just went to 11.

You do realize that since becoming POTUS there has been $77 MILLION spent for GOLF by Trump.
That is nearly $4 million per month since Trump has been in office, for Trump to play golf.
How in Hell is that a sacrifice?
Oh, yeah; I get it. It's Trump sacrificing your tax dollar$. Haha

Last edited:

Yes, we all have our opinions and biases.

But they know if the basic content is accurate or not. If the piece was total BS and did not match reality, then the logical thing to do is say so, not claim you did not write it.

your devotion to Trump keeps you from using logic

All we have to go by is the reaction of the White House and the Trump staff. None of them have come out and said it was bullshit, but they were damn quick to deny they wrote it.

Because if the staff denied they wrote it, and the op-ed claims to be written by someone on the staff, then the staff's position would be that it is bullshit.

Because if the staff denied they wrote it, and the op-ed claims to be written by someone on the staff, then the staff's position would be that it is bullshit.

Denying your wrote it does not make the content untrue.

No, that would not be a denial of the truth of the content.

But they know if the basic content is accurate or not. If the piece was total BS and did not match reality, then the logical thing to do is say so, not claim you did not write it.

there's more than 1 flow to logic as it is also derived from our own experiences. to pin it to 1 way or you're wrong seems rather convenient.

You seem to be the one having a hard time with basic logic, as your statement would not explain why they did not deny the truth of the content, regardless of who wrote it.
Because they personally don’t agree with the content....

You can’t get any more basic than that.

If you actually read the article you would be able to tell that this “person” is not marching in lockstep with most of the administration, or even a large minority of it, they are the “resistance”. The rest of the staff just assumes that Trump is changing his mind again.

there's more than 1 flow to logic as it is also derived from our own experiences. to pin it to 1 way or you're wrong seems rather convenient.

If you claim you did not write it, then that does not address the content at all.

If you claim it is untrue, that addresses both the content and the fact that you did not write it.

Which is the more logical way to go if the content is untrue?

Denying your wrote it does not make the content untrue.

That's not the question you asked, nor the answer I gave you.

You asked why the Administration didn't say it was bullshit, and I pointed out where what they did say, would be the same as them saying it was bullshit. That doesn't necessarily make it bullshit or true. It just means they aren't going to jump through your or the New York Time's hoops and say what you want them to say.

If you claim you did not write it, then that does not address the content at all.

If you claim it is untrue, that addresses both the content and the fact that you did not write it.

Which is the more logical way to go if the content is untrue?
THEY CAN’T CLAIM IT IS UNTRUE, idiot. THEY DON’T KNOW.

For the last fucking time.

Forum List

Back