CDZ Why Do You Support Abortion

.. when a 5 week old fetus has a heart?

Because no one has the right to the use of another person's body without their permission.

Oh, so the life inside has no rights... we just get to make life and take it away, because it's inconvenient....

Of course the life inside has rights. But those rights do not include the use of another person's body against their will. I have rights, that does not mean I can force you to donate blood to me. It is very simple.
No, it's not the same thing.

The law very specifically says that regardless of whether you *give permission* or not, you are obliged to provide protection to children who, under whatever circumstances, come to be under your care. You can't just say "I don't want to do this" and walk away, leaving a child to its fate. If you do, you will go to jail.
The law also says very specifically you can have an abortion as well.

wrong, what you do is poison them, shoot them from concealed ambush, with silenced, takedown-autorifles, burn their homes, pump their homes full of poison gas, etc. Just because YOU don't know how to fight effectively does not mean that it can't be done. It just means that you're ignorant.

You are right. I don't have any of those skills or see any cause worth fighting that way. I'll just submit and go watch my favorite tv show. There are benefits to humble submission.

This thread illustrates just how far we've sunk and how morally bankrupt the left is in this country.

It's all about the letter of the law, unless it's something they care about.
They
So killing a baby at 8 1/2 months is OK with you?
Totally agree. I'm OK with people saying "yeah I see no problem with it" - but trying to say it's not killing (or murder) - I'm not a stickler for words and definitions... either way....

If you read the legal definition of murder, it isn't murder and since the decision is based in legality then that is the proper definition to go by.

It is killing.

yeah yeah.. whatever! I hear this all the time... people so hung up on definitions and legalities... people know what you mean sheesh! ;)
They only care about those definitions and legalities when they can't defend their immoral views.

There are only legalities to debate. Whether you or I consider it moral or immoral doesn't really matter.
That's the same argument they used to make about slavery, which was ruled legal by the Supreme Court.

Nobody was required to own slaves. Nobody is required to have an abortion.

This thread illustrates just how far we've sunk and how morally bankrupt the left is in this country.

They
If you read the legal definition of murder, it isn't murder and since the decision is based in legality then that is the proper definition to go by.

It is killing.

yeah yeah.. whatever! I hear this all the time... people so hung up on definitions and legalities... people know what you mean sheesh! ;)
They only care about those definitions and legalities when they can't defend their immoral views.

There are only legalities to debate. Whether you or I consider it moral or immoral doesn't really matter.
That's the same argument they used to make about slavery, which was ruled legal by the Supreme Court.

So, you would have been ok with slavery?

They

So, you would have been ok with slavery?

I obey all laws. My opinion on slavery would derail this thread.

They
Totally agree. I'm OK with people saying "yeah I see no problem with it" - but trying to say it's not killing (or murder) - I'm not a stickler for words and definitions... either way....

It is killing.

And?

They

It is killing.

And?
I think you were supposed to feel a mental conflict since he mentioned the word "slavery". Its like he doesnt remember that the SCOTUS later changed the law about it.

The story of David and Goliath might be romantic and inspiring but it is a poor representation of reality. The story of Jesus is a more realistic representation of what happens when you repeatedly antagonize powerful people. They destroy you in the most horrific way.

Never stand up to people who are bigger than you. Just submit to their power, stroke their ego and they will eventually leave you alone.

I can't say that I agree with you on this since there are ways to stand up to them and win.
They

And?
I think you were supposed to feel a mental conflict since he mentioned the word "slavery". Its like he doesnt remember that the SCOTUS later changed the law about it.

Or that it was still all about legalities.

They

It is killing.

And?
And would you have supported slavery because it was legal (which is the argument you are making regarding abortion)?

They

And?
And would you have supported slavery because it was legal (which is the argument you are making regarding abortion)?
Obeying a law has nothing to do with supporting a law. The implication that support is needed to obey a law lacks logic.

They

And?

No, that is not the argument that I'm making. I stated that I use legal definitions because those are the ones that count when discussing legal decisions.

And?
Obeying a law has nothing to do with supporting a law. The implication that support is needed to obey a law lacks logic.
I never said anyone should not obey the law, and you both know that. I merely pointed out that she used the same argument to justify abortion that slave owners used to justify slavery - "It's legal".

And?
I never said anyone should not obey the law, and you both know that. I merely pointed out that she used the same argument to justify abortion that slave owners used to justify slavery - "It's legal".
No one said you made the claim that anyone should not obey the law. You made the claim that there was some tie between the support of slavery and the support of abortion. You do realize that you can obey a law but not support it correct?

And?
No one said you made the claim that anyone should not obey the law. You made the claim that there was some tie between the support of slavery and the support of abortion. You do realize that you can obey a law but not support it correct?
I never said otherwise, and my question was not directed at you in the first place so I'll ignore any further comments from you since you are obviously trying to provoke a flame war in the CDZ. Bye bye.

I never said otherwise, and my question was not directed at you in the first place so I'll ignore any further comments from you since you are obviously trying to provoke a flame war in the CDZ. Bye bye.
Dont get upset because you were caught in another one of your logic loops. Of course you said otherwise. I dont care if you werent talking to me. I'm talking to you. If you want a private conversation I suggest you PM Exquisite. You made the claim. Obviously you didnt realize I could quote it.

[And would you have supported slavery because it was legal (which is the argument you are making regarding abortion)?

Dont get upset because you were caught in another one of your logic loops. Of course you said otherwise. I dont care if you werent talking to me. I'm talking to you. If you want a private conversation I suggest you PM Exquisite. You made the claim. Obviously you didnt realize I could quote it.

[And would you have supported slavery because it was legal (which is the argument you are making regarding abortion)?
Logic loop !! Priceless coming from someone that gives no value to a child one day but will the next because it was born on that day,one that denies his own exsist,he was once that defenseless child in the womb.

Logic loop !! Priceless coming from someone that gives no value to a child one day but will the next because it was born on that day,one that denies his own exsist,he was once that defenseless child in the womb.
That seems to be incoherent thinking and baseless assumptions as well. I value a child from the second its conceived. However, that value does not supercede the rights of the woman that is carrying that defenseless child. Try another gambit but this time try to think it through logically..

I dont support abortion but I wont fight against it because its none of my business what a woman does with her body.

Don't you think it's important to fight for a human life that's defenseless?
They did not ask to be conceived....
Not if its inside the body of someone that doesnt want it. Once it leaves that sanctuary i would place my life on the line for a child.

So, the life doesn't mean as much while it's developing and inside someone else? Or do you view it only a "semi-life" or, since the laws says it's OK to do it, it's on her conscience and we can wash our hands of it?
The life means just as much. The point is that its none of my business until it ceases using the womans body as a host without permission.

As long as there is a toe in the vagina it is OK to the pro-abortion crowd.

Don't like abortion, don't have one or don't cause one.

Like gay marriage, the battle was fought, lost, over with, and it is time to move on.

Forum List

Back