CDZ Why Do You Support Abortion

This thread illustrates just how far we've sunk and how morally bankrupt the left is in this country.

It's all about the letter of the law, unless it's something they care about.
They
So killing a baby at 8 1/2 months is OK with you?
Totally agree. I'm OK with people saying "yeah I see no problem with it" - but trying to say it's not killing (or murder) - I'm not a stickler for words and definitions... either way....

If you read the legal definition of murder, it isn't murder and since the decision is based in legality then that is the proper definition to go by.

It is killing.

yeah yeah.. whatever! I hear this all the time... people so hung up on definitions and legalities... people know what you mean sheesh! ;)
They only care about those definitions and legalities when they can't defend their immoral views.

There are only legalities to debate. Whether you or I consider it moral or immoral doesn't really matter.

That's an opinion, and an incorrect one at that.

Not really.

I can have any opinion I want but the law can and does trump some of my opinions.

How about if you were a law enforcement official, and the law said you were to hobble runaway slaves? Would you do that?

How about if the law said you were supposed to decapitate adulterous women? Would you go along with that because it's a law?

Of course you would.

The majority of people do not support abortion, but they do support a woman's right to choose, as well as a family's right to choose.
There are horrendous circumstances that require a family to decide the outcome; i.e., a 12 year-old girl who has been brutally raped and traumatized should not have to carry a baby full-term. That's only my opinion, and I would never force it upon anyone.

.. when a 5 week old fetus has a heart?

Because it is the law. I follow all laws even the bad ones.

Good point.
If the law said it was legal for you to tie up your children while you went to work, would you follow that law?
How about if you were a law enforcement official, and the law said you were to hobble runaway slaves? Would you do that?

How about if the law said you were supposed to decapitate adulterous women? Would you go along with that because it's a law?

Of course you would.

Are you always this silly?

Good point.
If the law said it was legal for you to tie up your children while you went to work, would you follow that law?

Yes. Why wouldn't I? I would disagree with that law and I would lobby to change it. I would follow that law because I don't like the idea of a lawless society.

The same with abortion. I follow that law but I disagree with it.

Because I support liberty. A woman's body does not belong to you, your church or your precious authoritarian state.

Notice the nations that ban abortion. They're generally third world dictatorships and Islamic Republics. You want to join that crowd?

And what's a heart got to do with it? A chicken has a heart. Are you against killing chickens? If not, then why did you bring up the subject of a heart?

Because I support liberty. A woman's body does not belong to you, your church or your precious authoritarian state.

Notice the nations that ban abortion. They're generally third world dictatorships and Islamic Republics. You want to join that crowd?

And what's a heart got to do with it? A chicken has a heart. Are you against killing chickens? If not, then why did you bring up the subject of a heart?

That is not fair. Chicken is delicious. It is illegal to eat babies. Therefore nobody knows how baby flesh tastes.

Because no one has the right to the use of another person's body without their permission.

Oh, so the life inside has no rights... we just get to make life and take it away, because it's inconvenient....

Of course the life inside has rights. But those rights do not include the use of another person's body against their will. I have rights, that does not mean I can force you to donate blood to me. It is very simple.

Good point.

Yes. Why wouldn't I? I would disagree with that law and I would lobby to change it. I would follow that law because I don't like the idea of a lawless society.

Nauseating. You've lost the ability to think for yourself, and you are obviously a coward who doesn't have the sense to stand up for what's right and decent.

Because no one has the right to the use of another person's body without their permission.

Oh, so the life inside has no rights... we just get to make life and take it away, because it's inconvenient....

Of course the life inside has rights. But those rights do not include the use of another person's body against their will. I have rights, that does not mean I can force you to donate blood to me. It is very simple.
No, it's not the same thing.

The law very specifically says that regardless of whether you *give permission* or not, you are obliged to provide protection to children who, under whatever circumstances, come to be under your care. You can't just say "I don't want to do this" and walk away, leaving a child to its fate. If you do, you will go to jail.

Good point.

Nauseating. You've lost the ability to think for yourself, and you are obviously a coward who doesn't have the sense to stand up for what's right and decent.

Maybe so but I am not in jail. In my religion the guy who stood up to powerful people was killed.

I don't have the ability to resurrect so I have to do what is smart rather than what is cool.

I have stood up for what is right in the past. It was dumb.

Good point.

Maybe so but I am not in jail. In my religion the guy who stood up to powerful people was killed.

I don't have the ability to resurrect so I have to do what is smart rather than what is cool.

Yes, people do get killed for doing the right thing. Ask the people who died helping Jews. That's what happens when you let immoral, evil people get away with stuff. As the Germans did. Worked out well for them, don'tcha think?

Good point.

Yes, people do get killed for doing the right thing. Ask the people who died helping Jews. That's what happens when you let immoral, evil people get away with stuff. As the Germans did. Worked out well for them, don'tcha think?

It worked out terrible. They died. Convert to a safer religion next time.

Stop letting your own religious leaders kill you off. The purpose of life is to live. You can't do that when you are dead.

There are very few things worth dying over or killing for. Preserving my religious identity isn't one of them. I can convert to any religion necessary if it saves my life or the lives of my wife or children.

Nobody should be that stubborn and hard headed. It's just a book full of amazing stories. Just convert and live. It isn't that hard at all. It's no mystery why there are so many wars all the time. Some people are just too arrogant to live peaceably. They love dying, killing and getting their own way all the time. Just submit and move onto the next fun thing on your agenda. People should grow up and stop acting like spoiled children. It leads to death or prison time. There is nothing great about it.

Last edited:
The story of David and Goliath might be romantic and inspiring but it is a poor representation of reality. The story of Jesus is a more realistic representation of what happens when you repeatedly antagonize powerful people. They destroy you in the most horrific way.

Never stand up to people who are bigger than you. Just submit to their power, stroke their ego and they will eventually leave you alone.

wrong, what you do is poison them, shoot them from concealed ambush, with silenced, takedown-autorifles, burn their homes, pump their homes full of poison gas, etc. Just because YOU don't know how to fight effectively does not mean that it can't be done. It just means that you're ignorant.

The law very specifically says that regardless of whether you *give permission* or not, you are obliged to provide protection to children who, under whatever circumstances, come to be under your care. You can't just say "I don't want to do this" and walk away, leaving a child to its fate. If you do, you will go to jail.

It is exactly the same thing. It just that it means that your body might be on the line. That's the only thing that makes it different and is why the entire "pro-life" movement is inherently hypocritical.

It is exactly the same thing. It just that it means that your body might be on the line. That's the only thing that makes it different and is why the entire "pro-life" movement is inherently hypocritical.
Yeah, you're totally pretending that there aren't laws already in existence that maintain that isn't true. So meh.

Yeah, you're totally pretending that there aren't laws already in existence that maintain that isn't true. So meh.

Not the subject of this thread. And that doesn't change the hypocrisy.

This thread illustrates just how far we've sunk and how morally bankrupt the left is in this country.

It's all about the letter of the law, unless it's something they care about.
They
The life means just as much. The point is that its none of my business until it ceases using the womans body as a host without permission.

So killing a baby at 8 1/2 months is OK with you?
Moral correctness is a subjective topic. Some feel it's morally correct to genitally mutilate males and females.

Ending a life, whether it be human or animal, is something that should only be done when no other option is available. That is my personal opinion and is not something that the rest of the world has to live by.

If you eat meat (and I do), an animal is killed so you can do so. Others think that is morally wrong yet you are still allowed to do it.

You may feel that abortion is morally wrong and you have every right never to have one. Others do not have to feel the same.

Totally agree. I'm OK with people saying "yeah I see no problem with it" - but trying to say it's not killing (or murder) - I'm not a stickler for words and definitions... either way....

If you read the legal definition of murder, it isn't murder and since the decision is based in legality then that is the proper definition to go by.

It is killing.

yeah yeah.. whatever! I hear this all the time... people so hung up on definitions and legalities... people know what you mean sheesh! ;)
They only care about those definitions and legalities when they can't defend their immoral views.

There are only legalities to debate. Whether you or I consider it moral or immoral doesn't really matter.
That's the same argument they used to make about slavery, which was ruled legal by the Supreme Court.

Forum List

Back