CDZ Why Do You Support Abortion

No, I just think willful killing of defenseless human beings should be illegal.

you penchant for emotional appeals is noted and scoffed at. the court is rightfully disinterested. :thup:

Well they should be interested, but, need more people to speak out. The court is human like you and I and capable of making mistakes (or are you going to argue that too?)

I dont support abortion but I wont fight against it because its none of my business what a woman does with her body.

Don't you think it's important to fight for a human life that's defenseless?
They did not ask to be conceived....
Not if its inside the body of someone that doesnt want it. Once it leaves that sanctuary i would place my life on the line for a child.

So, the life doesn't mean as much while it's developing and inside someone else? Or do you view it only a "semi-life" or, since the laws says it's OK to do it, it's on her conscience and we can wash our hands of it?
The life means just as much. The point is that its none of my business until it ceases using the womans body as a host without permission.

I think a living human is everybody's business. No matter where it is. It's one thing to take the life on your own, it's another to make it legal to do so and give the impression that it is OK to do it!
They are only making it legal for a woman to have control over her body which is more important than the baby she may have to take care of after everyone has their moral outrage placated..

I dont support abortion but I wont fight against it because its none of my business what a woman does with her body.

Not if its inside the body of someone that doesnt want it. Once it leaves that sanctuary i would place my life on the line for a child.

So, the life doesn't mean as much while it's developing and inside someone else? Or do you view it only a "semi-life" or, since the laws says it's OK to do it, it's on her conscience and we can wash our hands of it?
The life means just as much. The point is that its none of my business until it ceases using the womans body as a host without permission.

So killing a baby at 8 1/2 months is OK with you?

Killing a baby at 1 second is not OK with me. Didnt you see my first post?

WHO HAS ABORTIONS?

• Eighteen percent of U.S. women obtaining abortions are teenagers; those aged 15–17 obtain 6% of all abortions, 18–19-year-olds obtain 11%, and teens younger than 15 obtain 0.4%.[3]

• Women in their 20s account for more than half of all abortions: Women aged 20–24 obtain 33% of all abortions, and women aged 25–29 obtain 24%.[3]

• Non-Hispanic white women account for 36% of abortions, non-Hispanic black women for 30%, Hispanic women for 25% and women of other races for 9%.[3]

• Thirty-seven percent of women obtaining abortions identify as Protestant and 28% identify as Catholic.[3]

• Women who have never married and are not cohabiting account for 45% of all abortions. [3]

• About 61% of abortions are obtained by women who have one or more children. [3]

• Forty-two percent of women obtaining abortions have incomes below 100% of the federal poverty level ($10,830 for a single woman with no children).[3]

• Twenty-seven percent of women obtaining abortions have incomes between 100–199% of the federal poverty level. * [3]

WhenWomenHaveAbortions-Graph.png

I support a woman's right to control her own body.

I would prefer that there never be any abortion- but until that can be accomplished without mandating what a woman do with her body- I am satisfied with a woman having that choice.

Have you ever taken an antibiotic?

I'll admit, it's a stretch. But life is life. Unless we can all agree when, precisely, does a human become a human.

Are you against invitro fertilization clinics purging their freezers of unclaimed zygotes? Is that mass murder, or does an ethical exemption apply?

I'm not talking about men and politicians.

Are we so brainwashed to think since SCOTUS says it, it's OK??? I'm talking about what is morally correct, not what is LEGAL!

Ahem...

No, I just think willful killing of defenseless human beings should be illegal.

These posts were back-to-back. You have to first settle your own internal argument about what your question is.

This thread illustrates just how far we've sunk and how morally bankrupt the left is in this country.

SCOTUS has repeatedly ruled and reaffirmed a woman's right to choose in the first trimester.

this is about the zillionth time i've posted this info on this forum, but here you go...

In a 7-2 decision written by Justice Harry Blackmun (who was chosen because of his prior experience as counsel to the Mayo Clinic), the Court ruled that the Texas statute violated Jane Roe's constitutional right to privacy. The Court argued that the Constitution's First, Fourth, Ninth, and Fourteenth Amendments protect an individual's "zone of privacy" against state laws and cited past cases ruling that marriage, contraception, and child rearing are activities covered in this "zone of privacy." The Court then argued that the "zone of privacy" was "broad enough to encompass a woman's decision whether or not to terminate her pregnancy." This decision involved myriad physical, psychological, and economic stresses a pregnant woman must face.

Because abortions lie within a pregnant woman's "zone of privacy," the abortion decision "and its effectuation" are fundamental rights that are protected by the Constitution from regulation by the states...

The Supreme Court . Expanding Civil Rights . Landmark Cases . Roe v. Wade 1973 PBS

Are we so brainwashed to think since SCOTUS says it, it's OK??? I'm talking about what is morally correct, not what is LEGAL!

Moral correctness is a subjective topic. Some feel it's morally correct to genitally mutilate males and females.

Ending a life, whether it be human or animal, is something that should only be done when no other option is available. That is my personal opinion and is not something that the rest of the world has to live by.

If you eat meat (and I do), an animal is killed so you can do so. Others think that is morally wrong yet you are still allowed to do it.

You may feel that abortion is morally wrong and you have every right never to have one. Others do not have to feel the same.

This thread illustrates just how far we've sunk and how morally bankrupt the left is in this country.
I think it more accurately portrays the hypocrisy of the right when they care about a child until its born. After birth any needed welfare should be cut to the mother so the child can starve. Certainly a demonstration of illogical thinking.

When right to lifers demonstrate against capital punishment and war I'll listen to them.

Until then, they're just another bunch of hypocrites.

SCOTUS has repeatedly ruled and reaffirmed a woman's right to choose in the first trimester.

this is about the zillionth time i've posted this info on this forum, but here you go...

In a 7-2 decision written by Justice Harry Blackmun (who was chosen because of his prior experience as counsel to the Mayo Clinic), the Court ruled that the Texas statute violated Jane Roe's constitutional right to privacy. The Court argued that the Constitution's First, Fourth, Ninth, and Fourteenth Amendments protect an individual's "zone of privacy" against state laws and cited past cases ruling that marriage, contraception, and child rearing are activities covered in this "zone of privacy." The Court then argued that the "zone of privacy" was "broad enough to encompass a woman's decision whether or not to terminate her pregnancy." This decision involved myriad physical, psychological, and economic stresses a pregnant woman must face.

Because abortions lie within a pregnant woman's "zone of privacy," the abortion decision "and its effectuation" are fundamental rights that are protected by the Constitution from regulation by the states...

The Supreme Court . Expanding Civil Rights . Landmark Cases . Roe v. Wade 1973 PBS

Moral correctness is a subjective topic. Some feel it's morally correct to genitally mutilate males and females.

Ending a life, whether it be human or animal, is something that should only be done when no other option is available. That is my personal opinion and is not something that the rest of the world has to live by.

If you eat meat (and I do), an animal is killed so you can do so. Others think that is morally wrong yet you are still allowed to do it.

You may feel that abortion is morally wrong and you have every right never to have one. Others do not have to feel the same.

Totally agree. I'm OK with people saying "yeah I see no problem with it" - but trying to say it's not killing (or murder) - I'm not a stickler for words and definitions... either way....

When right to lifers demonstrate against capital punishment and war I'll listen to them.

Until then, they're just another bunch of hypocrites.

It's amazing what "twists and turns" of logic they come up with. Like a freaking maze!

Loaded question fallacy - no one "supports" abortion; it's perfectly consistent to oppose abortion while at the same time support the privacy rights of women.

Sure they do. It's simple. They are putting a person's choice over a human life. Not complicated.

Totally agree. I'm OK with people saying "yeah I see no problem with it" - but trying to say it's not killing (or murder) - I'm not a stickler for words and definitions... either way....

If you read the legal definition of murder, it isn't murder and since the decision is based in legality then that is the proper definition to go by.

It is killing.

It's all about the letter of the law, unless it's something they care about.
They

If you read the legal definition of murder, it isn't murder and since the decision is based in legality then that is the proper definition to go by.

It is killing.

yeah yeah.. whatever! I hear this all the time... people so hung up on definitions and legalities... people know what you mean sheesh! ;)

Forum List

Back