CDZ Why Do You Support Abortion

When right to lifers demonstrate against capital punishment and war I'll listen to them.

Until then, they're just another bunch of hypocrites.

It's amazing what "twists and turns" of logic they come up with. Like a freaking maze!

The premise is that that you should be against all forms of
This thread illustrates just how far we've sunk and how morally bankrupt the left is in this country.

It's all about the letter of the law, unless it's something they care about.
They
Not if its inside the body of someone that doesnt want it. Once it leaves that sanctuary i would place my life on the line for a child.

So, the life doesn't mean as much while it's developing and inside someone else? Or do you view it only a "semi-life" or, since the laws says it's OK to do it, it's on her conscience and we can wash our hands of it?
The life means just as much. The point is that its none of my business until it ceases using the womans body as a host without permission.

So killing a baby at 8 1/2 months is OK with you?
SCOTUS has repeatedly ruled and reaffirmed a woman's right to choose in the first trimester.

this is about the zillionth time i've posted this info on this forum, but here you go...

In a 7-2 decision written by Justice Harry Blackmun (who was chosen because of his prior experience as counsel to the Mayo Clinic), the Court ruled that the Texas statute violated Jane Roe's constitutional right to privacy. The Court argued that the Constitution's First, Fourth, Ninth, and Fourteenth Amendments protect an individual's "zone of privacy" against state laws and cited past cases ruling that marriage, contraception, and child rearing are activities covered in this "zone of privacy." The Court then argued that the "zone of privacy" was "broad enough to encompass a woman's decision whether or not to terminate her pregnancy." This decision involved myriad physical, psychological, and economic stresses a pregnant woman must face.

Because abortions lie within a pregnant woman's "zone of privacy," the abortion decision "and its effectuation" are fundamental rights that are protected by the Constitution from regulation by the states...

The Supreme Court . Expanding Civil Rights . Landmark Cases . Roe v. Wade 1973 PBS

I'm not talking about men and politicians.

Are we so brainwashed to think since SCOTUS says it, it's OK??? I'm talking about what is morally correct, not what is LEGAL!

Moral correctness is a subjective topic. Some feel it's morally correct to genitally mutilate males and females.

Ending a life, whether it be human or animal, is something that should only be done when no other option is available. That is my personal opinion and is not something that the rest of the world has to live by.

If you eat meat (and I do), an animal is killed so you can do so. Others think that is morally wrong yet you are still allowed to do it.

You may feel that abortion is morally wrong and you have every right never to have one. Others do not have to feel the same.

Totally agree. I'm OK with people saying "yeah I see no problem with it" - but trying to say it's not killing (or murder) - I'm not a stickler for words and definitions... either way....

If you read the legal definition of murder, it isn't murder and since the decision is based in legality then that is the proper definition to go by.

It is killing.

yeah yeah.. whatever! I hear this all the time... people so hung up on definitions and legalities... people know what you mean sheesh! ;)

The proper definitions are important because if we're not on the same page then neither one of us will ever get what the other is saying.

When right to lifers demonstrate against capital punishment and war I'll listen to them.

Until then, they're just another bunch of hypocrites.

It's amazing what "twists and turns" of logic they come up with. Like a freaking maze!

The premise is that that you should be against all forms of
This thread illustrates just how far we've sunk and how morally bankrupt the left is in this country.

They
So, the life doesn't mean as much while it's developing and inside someone else? Or do you view it only a "semi-life" or, since the laws says it's OK to do it, it's on her conscience and we can wash our hands of it?
The life means just as much. The point is that its none of my business until it ceases using the womans body as a host without permission.

Are we so brainwashed to think since SCOTUS says it, it's OK??? I'm talking about what is morally correct, not what is LEGAL!

Moral correctness is a subjective topic. Some feel it's morally correct to genitally mutilate males and females.

Ending a life, whether it be human or animal, is something that should only be done when no other option is available. That is my personal opinion and is not something that the rest of the world has to live by.

If you eat meat (and I do), an animal is killed so you can do so. Others think that is morally wrong yet you are still allowed to do it.

You may feel that abortion is morally wrong and you have every right never to have one. Others do not have to feel the same.

Totally agree. I'm OK with people saying "yeah I see no problem with it" - but trying to say it's not killing (or murder) - I'm not a stickler for words and definitions... either way....

If you read the legal definition of murder, it isn't murder and since the decision is based in legality then that is the proper definition to go by.

It is killing.

yeah yeah.. whatever! I hear this all the time... people so hung up on definitions and legalities... people know what you mean sheesh! ;)

The proper definitions are important because if we're not on the same page then neither one of us will ever get what the other is saying.

Alright alright....

They
Not if its inside the body of someone that doesnt want it. Once it leaves that sanctuary i would place my life on the line for a child.

SCOTUS has repeatedly ruled and reaffirmed a woman's right to choose in the first trimester.

this is about the zillionth time i've posted this info on this forum, but here you go...

In a 7-2 decision written by Justice Harry Blackmun (who was chosen because of his prior experience as counsel to the Mayo Clinic), the Court ruled that the Texas statute violated Jane Roe's constitutional right to privacy. The Court argued that the Constitution's First, Fourth, Ninth, and Fourteenth Amendments protect an individual's "zone of privacy" against state laws and cited past cases ruling that marriage, contraception, and child rearing are activities covered in this "zone of privacy." The Court then argued that the "zone of privacy" was "broad enough to encompass a woman's decision whether or not to terminate her pregnancy." This decision involved myriad physical, psychological, and economic stresses a pregnant woman must face.

Because abortions lie within a pregnant woman's "zone of privacy," the abortion decision "and its effectuation" are fundamental rights that are protected by the Constitution from regulation by the states...

The Supreme Court . Expanding Civil Rights . Landmark Cases . Roe v. Wade 1973 PBS

It is killing.

They only care about those definitions and legalities when they can't defend their immoral views.

They

It is killing.

They only care about those definitions and legalities when they can't defend their immoral views.

Let me distract you with nitpicking your words! I even tried to keep him from doing it but saying I didn't care, but that didn't work. They are like leeches!

it is immoral to give that power of reproductive privacy over to the government.

Don't you think it's important to fight for a human life that's defenseless?
They did not ask to be conceived....

how do you propose the government could ever do such a thing?
underground-lens-magnifying-glass-spy.jpg

you want a government rep to investigate every sexual encounter in the country?

I was referring specifically to one in the womb - abortion should just not be legal.

Don't you think it's important to fight for a human life that's defenseless?
They did not ask to be conceived....

how do you propose the government could ever do such a thing?
underground-lens-magnifying-glass-spy.jpg

you want a government rep to investigate every sexual encounter in the country?

I was referring specifically to one in the womb - abortion should just not be legal.

Unless medically necessary and a choice between the 2 lives has to be made, by either the Dr. or family....

you do understand how pregnancy works, right? :lol:

Cute

i'm asking you to think your position through logistically and recognize it is impossible for the government to regulate reproductive privacy, AND it is immoral as well, which is why our awesome constitution repeatedly rejects emotional appeals like yours.

They

It is killing.

yeah yeah.. whatever! I hear this all the time... people so hung up on definitions and legalities... people know what you mean sheesh! ;)[/QUOTE]
They only care about those definitions and legalities when they can't defend their immoral views.[/QUOTE]

Let me distract you with nitpicking your words! I even tried to keep him from doing it but saying I didn't care, but that didn't work. They are like leeches![/QUOTE]

They

It is killing.

Let me distract you with nitpicking your words! I even tried to keep him from doing it but saying I didn't care, but that didn't work. They are like leeches!

I'm female and I have similar debates with my own husband about definitions being important.

The English language has several meanings for the same word and if both of you are using a different definition then communication is pointless because nothing will be resolved if you aren't on the same page.

If you choose to call it murder in the venacular sense, go ahead, however, in the legal sense, it isn't.

The debate, to me, is in the legal sense so those are the definitions that I use.

If the father who fertilized my egg is heartless, I see no reason to carry his offspring for him.

Get it gone!

If the man cannot treat the prospective mother of his progeny well, he DESERVES to have his embryo thrown out with the trash.

And that is that. Nasty men are undeserving of fatherhood. Why should the women chain herself to shared custody for the next 18 years?

She does not have to and ought not.

Regards from Rosie

They

It is killing.

There are only legalities to debate. Whether you or I consider it moral or immoral doesn't really matter.

.. when a 5 week old fetus has a heart?

Because no one has the right to the use of another person's body without their permission.
Wrong. Babies do have that right. That's why it's against the law to desert a child (any child) in a situation where they cannot care for themselves. An infant does not need your permission to expect protection.

They

It is killing.

There are only legalities to debate. Whether you or I consider it moral or immoral doesn't really matter.

That's an opinion, and an incorrect one at that.

Forum List

Back