Why do the God-haters persist?

And God said, "I will be with you. And this will be the sign to you that it is I who have sent you: When you have brought the people out of Egypt, you will worship God on this mountain."

This is where God is telling Moses the location of where they can worship after the Pharaoh frees the people... Where is God's command that they must revere him? Still having trouble with that, are we?

That's an opinion religious people have. I made a statement that God does not command you to revere him, not even in the Bible. Has anyone shown me to be wrong? The two scriptures are from men compelling followers that it's a good idea to revere God. Which is exactly what I stated. Now either you can find something in the Bible where God directly commands you to revere him or you can't. ...I say you can't.

That loud clanging you are hearing is called cognitive dissonance!

And no, those voices in your head don't bother me at all!

But thanks for admitting to being the "god hater" you described in your OP. You have successfully managed to alienate even those who were on your side to begin with.

Well I never admitted to being a god-hater. I made a statement that you are having trouble refuting. This is because it was a true statement and can't be refuted. God does not command you or anyone else to revere him. Not even in the Bible. <-TRUTH!
Liar^

Luke 4:8 NIV

Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Worship the Lord your God and serve him only.' "

That's an opinion religious people have. I made a statement that God does not command you to revere him, not even in the Bible. Has anyone shown me to be wrong? The two scriptures are from men compelling followers that it's a good idea to revere God. Which is exactly what I stated. Now either you can find something in the Bible where God directly commands you to revere him or you can't. ...I say you can't.

That loud clanging you are hearing is called cognitive dissonance!

And no, those voices in your head don't bother me at all!

But thanks for admitting to being the "god hater" you described in your OP. You have successfully managed to alienate even those who were on your side to begin with.

Well I never admitted to being a god-hater. I made a statement that you are having trouble refuting. This is because it was a true statement and can't be refuted. God does not command you or anyone else to revere him. Not even in the Bible. <-TRUTH!

sheesh.

rest your case already. You may be too enamored with yourself to be embarrassed but, damn!

And God said, "I will be with you. And this will be the sign to you that it is I who have sent you: When you have brought the people out of Egypt, you will worship God on this mountain."
This is where God is telling Moses the location of where they can worship after the Pharaoh frees the people... Where is God's command that they must revere him? Still having trouble with that, are we?
Idiot!

Last edited:
In one of the studies where a chimp was taught sign language there is evidence of it deliberately telling a lie. This evidence means that higher primates are probably capable of self deception.

I've read that too.

If only they had a god to worship, they wouldn't lie because, as we all know, god-believers never lie.

There was another instance where the handler deliberately lied to the chimp and it become very upset. I can't find that article but it would suggest that there is an innate "morality" and sense of "right and wrong". Since no one has taught them about religion this must mean that it is a survival mechanism to be able to distinguish between truth and lies.

My dog knows right from wrong and exhibits emotional responses to quite a few different situations.

His feelings are hurt if we open gifts and there's not one for him.

God does not command you to revere him, not even in the Bible.

2 Kings 17:39
39 You must worship only the LORD your God. He is the one who will rescue you from all your enemies.

Hebrews 12:28-29
Since we are receiving a Kingdom that cannot be destroyed, let us be thankful and please God by worshiping him with holy fear and awe.

Just 2 examples picked at random!

Just 2 examples of men compelling followers to worship and revere God. When are you going to show us proof that God commands us to do this?

IOW, it does not speak to me.

39 You must worship only the LORD your God. He is the one who will rescue you from all your enemies.

Since we are receiving a Kingdom that cannot be destroyed, let us be thankful and please God by worshiping him with holy fear and awe.

Just 2 examples of men compelling followers to worship and revere God. When are you going to show us proof that God commands us to do this?

So now the bible isn't the word of god? :lol:

The bible is a bunch of fictional stories, passed down and translated and re-translated until it has no resemblance to the original tales.

Maybe so, but Boss claimed that it is not commanded in the Bible to worship God.

Unfuckingbelievable.

Boss may be having a very intense spiritual experience but, obviously, it isn't a very good one.

Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Worship the Lord your God and serve him only.' "

Right... again we have a man compelling his followers to worship God. Where does God command that you revere him? Not seeing that.

You dishonest piece of shit.

You said that it is not commanded in the bible to worship God even after you were shown exactly where it is commanded in the bible, whoever wrote it.

You don't even have the slightest bit of integrity required to admit you were wrong even after you were proven wrong. How pathetic is that?

No one whose balls have been crushed can become a member of the assembly of the Lord.

Its the Law!

Last edited:

Right... again we have a man compelling his followers to worship God. Where does God command that you revere him? Not seeing that.
Exodus 8:1 NIV

Then the LORD said to Moses, "Go to Pharaoh and say to him, 'This is what the LORD says: Let my people go, so that they may worship me.

Didn't say that. Let's stick with what I said. God does not command you or anyone to revere him. There are numerous places in the Bible where his followers compel others to worship God and revere him out of respect. This is often convoluted into the notion that God has commanded something, but God doesn't have to command a damn thing. God doesn't care what you do. You exist by the Grace of God. If God wanted ANYTHING to happen, it would instantaneously happen and you'd have no control over it. Likewise, if there was something God didn't want to happen, nothing you could do would ever make it happen. You are insignificant to God. What you want doesn't matter to God.

You dishonest piece of shit.

You said that it is not commanded in the bible to worship God even after you were shown exactly where it is commanded in the bible, whoever wrote it.

You don't even have the slightest bit of integrity required to admit you were wrong even after you were proven wrong. How pathetic is that?

No one whose balls have been crushed can become a member of the assembly of the Lord.

Its the Law!

I did not say it is not commanded in the Bible to worship God, how silly. I said that God does not command you to revere him, not even in the Bible. So far, you've not proven that statement incorrect and you can't because it is true. You keep on presenting examples of people in the Bible who are compelling others to worship and revere God, and I clearly stated that this was the case. God does not command this.

Didn't say that. Let's stick with what I said. God does not command you or anyone to revere him. There are numerous places in the Bible where his followers compel others to worship God and revere him out of respect. This is often convoluted into the notion that God has commanded something, but God doesn't have to command a damn thing. God doesn't care what you do. You exist by the Grace of God. If God wanted ANYTHING to happen, it would instantaneously happen and you'd have no control over it. Likewise, if there was something God didn't want to happen, nothing you could do would ever make it happen. You are insignificant to God. What you want doesn't matter to God.
God has spoken!!! OBEY you peons!

jesus answered, "it is written: 'worship the lord your god and serve him only.' "

right... Again we have a man compelling his followers to worship god. Where does god command that you revere him? Not seeing that.
exodus 8:1 niv

then the lord said to moses, "go to pharaoh and say to him, 'this is what the lord says: Let my people go, so that they may worship me.

where is god commanding that you revere him???????

Forum List

Back