Why Do Republicans Feel Compelled To Say "We're The Party of Lincoln?"

So you are saying Lincoln was a racist republican who saved the negros?

Pretty sure he is saying Lincoln was a racist republican that wanted to stick it to the inbred confederates. If he really wanted to save Black people he would have freed all the enslaved immediately, not just the ones in the south and he would have never tried to make slavery a permanent amendment in the constitution.

Lincoln did not "save" nor care about the welfare of any so called "negros". That is a fable that has romanticized Lincolns legacy over time.

His primary intent was to preserve the union.
And a noble cause it was, but are they're blacks whom now want to ruin the results after all the years of progress ???

Is that really a question, or is it what you happen to think?
I only stated a historical fact.
Just answer the question if you can. How hard is it to answer questions here ?? Stop spinning.

Spinning? Your question does not really even make sense.

Define what "results" you are referring to.

The preservation of the union:? Or slavery being abolished as a circumstance of preserving the union?

Furthermore, I do not speak for or think for every black citizen. I speak for myself.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
I do not believe that any success by someone who is non white comes at the expense of one of my people.

I do believe that when non whites are discriminated in favor of, THAT comes at the expense of one of my people.

I've been clear about that. But you need to lie about what I believe in, and fight that strawman, because on some level you know that what I actually say and believe,

you can't refute.

Non whites are not the recipients of any favors at the expense of "your people". "Your people" were in a position for generation after generation able to lawfully discriminate against non whites and did

Now that discrimination is against the law, and a system of more fairness is in place, you've become a victim.

But on the other hand have stated that you have done "fairly well"

It is clear that you believe if there is a succesful non white(and of course you mean "Black") standing next to a not so successful white, that the black must have been granted favoritism at the expense of the white.

And by denying that you believe that to be true, is a lie.

That aside, I am not going to debate your "beliefs" with you.

I've been arround far longer than you and have heard the same rhetoric from countless individuals like you, for decades.

With all due respect, Katsteve...that's always been the Achilles heel of laws like Affirmative Action...by giving an advantage to the disadvantaged you leave them open to being viewed as unworthy when they do succeed. It's the tradeoff you make.

I understand how that works. But any person who is a rational thinker, knows that is not always the case.

And for one to assume that such a program automatically affects others on a widespread scale adversely, is not really thinking at all. Especially if one understands the history of why such a program was even necessary.

Absolutely! There are people who are SO much better at their job that it would be ludicrous to say they only succeeded because of Affirmative Action but my point is that you need to BE that much better than the person working beside you because you are always going to be looked at with a jaundiced eye because you were an AA hire!

Now that's one side of the equation. The other side is the AA hire that does a terrible job yet is kept on at that job because his or her employer is scared to death of being accused of being a "racist" because they fired someone who was a minority!

Even without a program like AA(which now benefits more military vets, disabled people, and white females), a black employee in most cases still needs to work harder in order to not be scrutinized negatively.

Because of the fact that it is typically assumed automatically that they were an AA hire. And that is not the case more often than not.

Would you like to claim that blacks are more likely to get fired from a government job than any other racial group? I dare you to because anyone who's worked in Civil Service for that past forty years knows that's a crock! You think black college professors need to work harder than their white colleagues? Interesting...so the saying in academia is "publish or perish" meaning if you want to be granted tenure you need to be writing scholarly works that are published or you're NOT getting tenure! So let's take college lecturer Barack Obama as an example...what scholarly works did he publish while teaching at Chicago University? To save you the search I'll give you the answer to that question...ZERO! Now do you think Barry was ever in danger of being fired by that school? If you DO...then you're naïve to the nth degree!

Too bad. If whites werent such fuckups globally as well as here in the US more people of color would tolerate you.
It's good you don't speak for all people of color.

And you speak for none, so don't try doing it.

A's opinion is pretty much the majority black opinion in America. If you don't think so, find an all black forum and start posting.
All black forum eh ??? That's a little racist ain't it ?? What if there were all white anything ?? You'd be crapping your pants about it, but funny the blacks can have all black this or all black that, and it's supposed to be A-ok ?? Hypocrisy runs strong in you or your ilk doesn't it ??

Not really. But since you bought it up.

ALL RISE! CLASS IS IN SESSION!

The honorable IM2 presiding.

Another use of the false equivalence by whites pertains to the issues of history and cultural identification. For example, whites have been whining for years about why they cannot have a white history month. To ask this question, one must either be severely mentally challenged, suffering from psychosis, or are a racist purposefully building a strawman. I’m serious when I say that. I am always stumped when I am asked that question. Are these people really that stupid? Do they not pay attention to how American history has been portrayed? Is it that just because it’s not called white history do they not think that whites have not been described as part of history?

How much plainer does it need to be made? The founders of this nation were all white men. Do we need to say that 55 white men founded this nation for whites to feel they have been given their accurate place in American history? Do we describe George Washington as the first white president and continue to name 44 presidents as the white presidents for some whites to understand just how much white history has been taught? They whine about February but what do we call the other months in reference to American history? Should we call the 11 other months of the year white history month so that whites can understand?

The same goes for other cultural matters. I have heard whites crying about Miss Black America. The usual whining is how unfair it is and how the outcry would be huge if whites had a pageant that was named Miss White America. What do they think the pageant was from 1921 until 1970 when no one of color was allowed to compete in the pageant? It was not until 1970 that a black contestant participated in the Miss America pageant, Miss Cheryl Brown. So then it was apparent the pageant was for whites only. For 50 years it was the Miss White America Pageant. Now just because white people didn’t call it that doesn’t mean that wasn’t what it was. It took until 1983 for a woman of color to win the pageant and these two things alone were why there was and is a Miss Black USA. Are whites that blind to the things they have done to think they are not included just because they did not expressly name something the white this or that even while excluding anyone not white?

Whites are crying about Historically Black Colleges. But then just because you call yourself Harvard doesn’t exclude the fact that you are historically white. I can say that for almost every university, private or public in this country. Blacks built colleges because we weren’t allowed into historically white colleges and today just because whites don’t call these colleges exactly what they are, they cry about HBCU’s like there is no such things as an HWCU.

Then we have the granddaddy of them all. The substitution theory. I call this the substitution theory because this is when conservative or republican whites decide to build the scarecrow. This theory holds that if you substitute the word white instead of black things are treated differently and because of this whites are losing their rights and freedom. For example it’s cool for blacks to have a TV station called BET, but if you let whites have such a station it is racist.

“It's totally racist to have Black History Month, Black Music Awards, Black only magazines... If whites had White Music Awards or something like that, all the snowflakes, white and brown, would go apeshit. And there would be a massive run on bananas.”

“If you replaced everything with a White, it would not be taken well by minorities of this country.
I.E replace Farrakhan with David Duke, and replace African American interests, with White American interests.... How would minorities react to that?”

White USMB forum poster

People can’t be this dumb. For years ABC might have well stood for American Broadcasting for Caucasians. NBC, National Broadcasting for Caucasians and CBS the Caucasian Broadcasting Service. The lack of black reporters news anchors, news shows and entertainment broadcast on these networks is why Black Entertainment Television was founded. It is apparent that alternative facts did not start during the Trump Administration.

th

Interesting concept..."Professor"!

You cite Miss America past racism as the reason to have a Miss Black America? Since 1980 a black woman has won Miss America on an average of once every 3 years which means that for the past forty years black women have been winning that contest at a far greater rate than their population ratio in the US and yet you STILL have a Miss Black America pageant? Why is that when it's obvious that blacks are no longer discriminated against at the Miss America pageant?

And your point is what?

Non whites are not the recipients of any favors at the expense of "your people". "Your people" were in a position for generation after generation able to lawfully discriminate against non whites and did

Now that discrimination is against the law, and a system of more fairness is in place, you've become a victim.

It is clear that you believe if there is a succesful non white(and of course you mean "Black") standing next to a not so successful white, that the black must have been granted favoritism at the expense of the white.

I've been arround far longer than you and have heard the same rhetoric from countless individuals like you, for decades.

With all due respect, Katsteve...that's always been the Achilles heel of laws like Affirmative Action...by giving an advantage to the disadvantaged you leave them open to being viewed as unworthy when they do succeed. It's the tradeoff you make.

I understand how that works. But any person who is a rational thinker, knows that is not always the case.

And for one to assume that such a program automatically affects others on a widespread scale adversely, is not really thinking at all. Especially if one understands the history of why such a program was even necessary.

Absolutely! There are people who are SO much better at their job that it would be ludicrous to say they only succeeded because of Affirmative Action but my point is that you need to BE that much better than the person working beside you because you are always going to be looked at with a jaundiced eye because you were an AA hire!

Now that's one side of the equation. The other side is the AA hire that does a terrible job yet is kept on at that job because his or her employer is scared to death of being accused of being a "racist" because they fired someone who was a minority!

Even without a program like AA(which now benefits more military vets, disabled people, and white females), a black employee in most cases still needs to work harder in order to not be scrutinized negatively.

Because of the fact that it is typically assumed automatically that they were an AA hire. And that is not the case more often than not.

Would you like to claim that blacks are more likely to get fired from a government job than any other racial group? I dare you to because anyone who's worked in Civil Service for that past forty years knows that's a crock! You think black college professors need to work harder than their white colleagues? Interesting...so the saying in academia is "publish or perish" meaning if you want to be granted tenure you need to be writing scholarly works that are published or you're NOT getting tenure! So let's take college lecturer Barack Obama as an example...what scholarly works did he publish while teaching at Chicago University? To save you the search I'll give you the answer to that question...ZERO! Now do you think Barry was ever in danger of being fired by that school? If you DO...then you're naïve to the nth degree!

I am far from being "naive" or misinformed. I have not lived 67 years and learned nothing about the mindset of employers in America. Before retiring,
I WAS an employer who made final hiring decisions.

I was one of the fortunate ones, who long ago recognized these truths, by being taught the truth by parents who were around when it was nearly impossible to get a foot in the door..

If you choose to,
read these articles that I read some time ago.

What is outlined is factual.

Black Workers Really Do Need to Be Twice as Good - The Atlantic

Study: anti-black hiring discrimination is as prevalent today as it was in 1989

Last edited:
You cite college enrollments as proof of systemic racism in America? I suppose you think Barack Obama got into Columbia and Harvard Law School on the merits of his academic work and not because of his skin pigmentation? Let's be honest here...Ivy League colleges FIGHT over qualified black applicants and admit those who aren't as qualified as other racial pools. If you're an Asian student trying to get into Harvard you've got your work cut out for you because you're going to face a quota system that places other races before you. Yet we STILL have historic black colleges? Why exactly?

th

That is a lie abut Asian students. And why do we still have historically white collages? You do realize that whites have always been admitted primarily because of their skin pigmentation. You are not being honest. .

itshisfault-from-talk-onevietnam-org.jpeg

Last edited:

You are talking out of your ass.

I AM HERE TO ANSWER THE POST. THE OP WAS A QUESTION. I TRIED TO READ A SINGLE ANSWER IN 10 PAGES OF THIS CRAP. I UNDERSTAND WHY THEY ALWAYS SPOUT THE REPUBLICAN PARTY IS THE PARTY OF LINCOLN.

Not that I care nor that I'm republican.

Democratic Party was actually the older party formed with Andrew Jackson the 7th President. The Newer party was the Republican party formed with Abraham Lincoln the 16th President. These parties replaced other parties like the Federalists or the Whigs, these are just masses of political people, mind you. So from 7th President Andrew Jackson to 28th President Woodrow Wilson after the Civil War and Reconstruction, Democrat Presidents referenced the Democracy of Athens. Andrew Jackson allowed all White Males to vote instead of Landed Males, a long road to inclusive democracy away from a Powerful Few, we enjoy today. Athens was a Direct Democracy rather than the Roman Representative Republic, even Ancient Rome had a Senate in which hierarchy of men represented the lower class. In Athens also, every male citizen any adult male citizen over the age of 20 could take part,[27] and it was a duty to do so. The officials of the democracy were in part elected by the Assembly and in large part chosen by lottery in a process called sortation. coloured stones were used, white for yes and black for no, direct democracy. The Parthenon famously where Athens voted to War with Persia, 300 style.The general story is the Republicans were no longer the New York Fat Cat factory owners, the smooth-talkin' self-made lawyer "laws"... Aboma! Abe's 'states not legally seceding are not the states at all in a war of civilian unrest' jargon so forth, and the Democrats were no longer the angry plantation owners around World War 2. I'm Not going to say Blacks switched sides, they were manipulatively included in the Democratic votes by the Southern Governors in the ballots, so its beyond our measurement and its the same party, with radically different reversal platforms. Republicans on the other hand, just look at Eisenhower, "defending all citizens regardless of class", (black). They just like talking that way I guess. Lincoln's citizenship extended to everyone in our borders fixes things? Lincoln-era amendment making anyone born here a US Citizen, so Slavery shapes our view today, its something foreign countries say exists nowhere else, but now its a Democrat's favorite, right? Mexicans getting born here? No other country in the world has Natural-Born Citizenship? I don't know, I get lost in politics.

Last edited:
You cite college enrollments as proof of systemic racism in America? I suppose you think Barack Obama got into Columbia and Harvard Law School on the merits of his academic work and not because of his skin pigmentation? Let's be honest here...Ivy League colleges FIGHT over qualified black applicants and admit those who aren't as qualified as other racial pools. If you're an Asian student trying to get into Harvard you've got your work cut out for you because you're going to face a quota system that places other races before you. Yet we STILL have historic black colleges? Why exactly?

th

That is a lie abut Asian students. And why do we still have historically white collages? You do realize that whites have always been admitted primarily because of their skin pigmentation. You are not being honest. .

Trump's Justice Department Takes on Harvard's Asian Quotas | RealClearPolitics

You really don't know this? Sad...really...

It's good you don't speak for all people of color.

A's opinion is pretty much the majority black opinion in America. If you don't think so, find an all black forum and start posting.
All black forum eh ??? That's a little racist ain't it ?? What if there were all white anything ?? You'd be crapping your pants about it, but funny the blacks can have all black this or all black that, and it's supposed to be A-ok ?? Hypocrisy runs strong in you or your ilk doesn't it ??

Another use of the false equivalence by whites pertains to the issues of history and cultural identification. For example, whites have been whining for years about why they cannot have a white history month. To ask this question, one must either be severely mentally challenged, suffering from psychosis, or are a racist purposefully building a strawman. I’m serious when I say that. I am always stumped when I am asked that question. Are these people really that stupid? Do they not pay attention to how American history has been portrayed? Is it that just because it’s not called white history do they not think that whites have not been described as part of history?

How much plainer does it need to be made? The founders of this nation were all white men. Do we need to say that 55 white men founded this nation for whites to feel they have been given their accurate place in American history? Do we describe George Washington as the first white president and continue to name 44 presidents as the white presidents for some whites to understand just how much white history has been taught? They whine about February but what do we call the other months in reference to American history? Should we call the 11 other months of the year white history month so that whites can understand?

The same goes for other cultural matters. I have heard whites crying about Miss Black America. The usual whining is how unfair it is and how the outcry would be huge if whites had a pageant that was named Miss White America. What do they think the pageant was from 1921 until 1970 when no one of color was allowed to compete in the pageant? It was not until 1970 that a black contestant participated in the Miss America pageant, Miss Cheryl Brown. So then it was apparent the pageant was for whites only. For 50 years it was the Miss White America Pageant. Now just because white people didn’t call it that doesn’t mean that wasn’t what it was. It took until 1983 for a woman of color to win the pageant and these two things alone were why there was and is a Miss Black USA. Are whites that blind to the things they have done to think they are not included just because they did not expressly name something the white this or that even while excluding anyone not white?

Whites are crying about Historically Black Colleges. But then just because you call yourself Harvard doesn’t exclude the fact that you are historically white. I can say that for almost every university, private or public in this country. Blacks built colleges because we weren’t allowed into historically white colleges and today just because whites don’t call these colleges exactly what they are, they cry about HBCU’s like there is no such things as an HWCU.

Then we have the granddaddy of them all. The substitution theory. I call this the substitution theory because this is when conservative or republican whites decide to build the scarecrow. This theory holds that if you substitute the word white instead of black things are treated differently and because of this whites are losing their rights and freedom. For example it’s cool for blacks to have a TV station called BET, but if you let whites have such a station it is racist.

“It's totally racist to have Black History Month, Black Music Awards, Black only magazines... If whites had White Music Awards or something like that, all the snowflakes, white and brown, would go apeshit. And there would be a massive run on bananas.”

“If you replaced everything with a White, it would not be taken well by minorities of this country.
I.E replace Farrakhan with David Duke, and replace African American interests, with White American interests.... How would minorities react to that?”

White USMB forum poster

People can’t be this dumb. For years ABC might have well stood for American Broadcasting for Caucasians. NBC, National Broadcasting for Caucasians and CBS the Caucasian Broadcasting Service. The lack of black reporters news anchors, news shows and entertainment broadcast on these networks is why Black Entertainment Television was founded. It is apparent that alternative facts did not start during the Trump Administration.

th

You cite Miss America past racism as the reason to have a Miss Black America? Since 1980 a black woman has won Miss America on an average of once every 3 years which means that for the past forty years black women have been winning that contest at a far greater rate than their population ratio in the US and yet you STILL have a Miss Black America pageant? Why is that when it's obvious that blacks are no longer discriminated against at the Miss America pageant?

And your point is what?

My "point" is that what you're claiming doesn't stand up to even a cursory examination! If black contestants are winning the Miss America pageant on an average of once every 3 years THEN IT'S PRETTY DAMNED OBVIOUS THAT RACISM TOWARDS BLACKS DOESN'T EXIST IN THAT CONTEST ANY MORE! So why is it you're still having a Miss Black America?

Historic Black ARE THE funniest institutions in America. ya so we hate racism, we're integrationist, no one wants to integrate in our direction, we didn't get the desegregation orders the public schools did. so funny. colleges, beauty contest apparently? Hello this is Booker T Washington of Tuskegee, just writing in to Uncle Tom all over the place, mr president.

Thats the reason most people view whites in the US as unworthy. They had self legislated AA for centuries not just a couple of years.

Most people view whites in the US as unworthy? Really? What does "self legislation" even mean?

All you had to do was look it up.

Definition of SELF-LEGISLATING

self-legislating
adjective

Definition of self-legislating

: making rules or laws for oneself

Making rules or laws for "oneself" is the nature of politics! What's remarkable about US history is the times that a white majority have passed legislation that benefits those who are not white. Yet you think the world views American whites as "unworthy"? The world has become rather stupid then...hasn't it?
Whites have consistently, specifically, and overwhelmingly passed laws that benefited only white people not to mention laws that harmed other races. Come on dude. Its not even something thats debatable. :laugh:

Thats the reason most people view whites in the US as unworthy. They had self legislated AA for centuries not just a couple of years.

Most people view whites in the US as unworthy? Really? What does "self legislation" even mean?

All you had to do was look it up.

Definition of SELF-LEGISLATING

self-legislating
adjective

Definition of self-legislating

: making rules or laws for oneself

Making rules or laws for "oneself" is the nature of politics! What's remarkable about US history is the times that a white majority have passed legislation that benefits those who are not white. Yet you think the world views American whites as "unworthy"? The world has become rather stupid then...hasn't it?
Whites have consistently, specifically, and overwhelmingly passed laws that benefited only white people not to mention laws that harmed other races. Come on dude. Its not even something thats debatable. :laugh:

Yet they have also passed laws that benefit other racial groups, Milkweed! You still haven't explained that. So it's obvious that the "white majority" does indeed pass legislation that isn't racist in nature and does so quite often actually.

The "$60,000 question" of course is what do blacks do when they have majorities? Do they pass legislation that is helpful to other racial groups or do they pass legislation that is designed to help them?

White USMB forum poster

th

And your point is what?

My "point" is that what you're claiming doesn't stand up to even a cursory examination! If black contestants are winning the Miss America pageant on an average of once every 3 years THEN IT'S PRETTY DAMNED OBVIOUS THAT RACISM TOWARDS BLACKS DOESN'T EXIST IN THAT CONTEST ANY MORE! So why is it you're still having a Miss Black America?
He'll say it's to celebrate black culture of course... The problem with that, is the discrimination by certain blacks against the celebration of white culture by whites, and this is because he and other's like him fear that if White's unite in any way what so ever, then their main goal to come out of it is to discriminate against blacks or to exclude the blacks.

Even though it doesn't happen, they ain't gonna chance it, so they absolutely must stay in charge of a huge percentage of the government in order to stop any collusion amongst the white cultures period.

Last edited:
The "$60,000 question" of course is what do blacks do when they have majorities? Do they pass legislation that is helpful to other racial groups or do they pass legislation that is designed to help them?
What did Obama do ??? Nevermind because we know the answer to that one. He is the reason that we have this strong division going on right now in America.

Do you still claim that blacks are "under represented" on television and THAT is why you need a BET? Do you even watch TV these days?

Yep. As long as whites own TV stations blacks can own TV stations.

White USMB forum poster

th

And your point is what?

He'll say it's to celebrate black culture of course... The problem with that, is the discrimination by certain blacks against the celebration of white culture by whites, and this is because he and other's like him fear that if White's unite in any way what so ever, then their main goal to come out of it is to discriminate against blacks or to exclude the blacks.

Even though it doesn't happen, they ain't gonna chance it, so they absolutely must stay in charge of a huge percentage of the government in order to stop any collusion amongst the white cultures period.

Where is the celebration of white culture by whites being discriminated against?

You are really dumb.

What did Obama do ??? Nevermind because we know the answer to that one. He is the reason that we have this strong division going on right now in America.

BS.

th

Trump's Justice Department Takes on Harvard's Asian Quotas | RealClearPolitics

You really don't know this? Sad...really...

I know this.

Students at Harvard University are predominantly White with a smaller Asian population. The school has very high racial diversity.

Racial demographics of Harvard University students
Race Percent of Students
White 44%
Black 6%
Hispanic 10%
Asian 19%
American Indian / Alaskan 0%
Hawaiian / Pacific Islander 0%
Two or more races 6%
International 11%
Race Unknown 3%

Harvard University Student Demographics

There are 3 times the number of Asians at Harvard than blacks even as blacks have 3 times the population of Asians. That 19 percent is 4 times the population of Asians in this country. White racists have used Asians to try ending AA and it's all based on lies.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back