Why Do Republicans Feel Compelled To Say "We're The Party of Lincoln?"

What is it, exactly, are they trying to say, or communicate when they spout that line?

I'd love to have the self-professed Republicans, Conservatives and other assorted Rightwingers of USMB weigh in on this.

Proceed...

The message: The GOP lawmakers have the energy of a 150-year-old cadaver and it would require necromancers to make sense of GOP policy.

Ah...it's the board's newest bomb thrower! Getting anyone to take the bait with your insults and general nonsense today, Denizen? Or have most people started to put you on ignore yet?

Ignorance is your finest quality.

Coming from you, Denizen...I'll take that as a glowing compliment! You're not here for intelligent debate...you're here to try and stir up as much trouble as you can. You know it...I know it.

Truth, meritorious arguments, and facts evidently cause you severe pain.

What is it, exactly, are they trying to say, or communicate when they spout that line?

I'd love to have the self-professed Republicans, Conservatives and other assorted Rightwingers of USMB weigh in on this.

Proceed...

The message: The GOP lawmakers have the energy of a 150-year-old cadaver and it would require necromancers to make sense of GOP policy.

Ah...it's the board's newest bomb thrower! Getting anyone to take the bait with your insults and general nonsense today, Denizen? Or have most people started to put you on ignore yet?

Ignorance is your finest quality.

Coming from you, Denizen...I'll take that as a glowing compliment! You're not here for intelligent debate...you're here to try and stir up as much trouble as you can. You know it...I know it.

Truth, meritorious arguments, and facts evidently cause you severe pain.

I find you mildly amusing, Denizen! I mean let's be honest you haven't had a "meritorious" argument since you came on here! You poke at people and hope they get angry about it and respond to you in such a way that you can label them as extreme. I'm not quite sure why that gives you the thrill that it seems to...but that's your issue...not mine!

All you had to do was look it up.

Definition of SELF-LEGISLATING

self-legislating
adjective

Definition of self-legislating

: making rules or laws for oneself

Making rules or laws for "oneself" is the nature of politics! What's remarkable about US history is the times that a white majority have passed legislation that benefits those who are not white. Yet you think the world views American whites as "unworthy"? The world has become rather stupid then...hasn't it?
Whites have consistently, specifically, and overwhelmingly passed laws that benefited only white people not to mention laws that harmed other races. Come on dude. Its not even something thats debatable. :laugh:

Yet they have also passed laws that benefit other racial groups, Milkweed! You still haven't explained that. So it's obvious that the "white majority" does indeed pass legislation that isn't racist in nature and does so quite often actually.
Who told you that I had to explain anything? My point is and has always been that whites have self legislated themselves a head start. Thats not debatable. The facts are self evident and the actions have had repercussions for my people that continue to this day. :rolleyes:
Of course whites had a head start duh... They have fought for this place since Independence and before, and you and your buddy trying to disrespect that fact or ignore it as if it was a bad thing is the rub. Don't make whites regret their compassion and humanitarian side in which was used to set the blacks free, and then to allow them to struggle their way to Independence here just as the whites had to do that very same thing early on in this new nation.
The only thing whites did was wipe out most of the NA's due to carrying diseases. They almost died themselves because they had no clue how to survive. Whites did nothing but fuck up the entire time they were "founding" this nation. It would still be a penal colony if not for Blacks. Whites knew that they were the weak race so they needed a head start. I am glad you agree but I really wasnt asking for your agreement. I was just pointing out the facts.

The "$60,000 question" of course is what do blacks do when they have majorities? Do they pass legislation that is helpful to other racial groups or do they pass legislation that is designed to help them?
Thats not a question at all. You only need to know your history to figure that out. Blacks went to europe and educated whites and this was after educating them the first time via Egypt. :rolleyes:

Perhaps some of them should have gone south and "educated" the rest of Africa? Yes, Colonial rule hurt minorities in Africa but most of those countries have had black majority rule for a long, long time...so how have they fared with that? Hard to find more corrupt areas or more impoverished.
Not sure what your deflection has to do with the point other than an admission that my point is the truth? :rolleyes:

Making rules or laws for "oneself" is the nature of politics! What's remarkable about US history is the times that a white majority have passed legislation that benefits those who are not white. Yet you think the world views American whites as "unworthy"? The world has become rather stupid then...hasn't it?
Whites have consistently, specifically, and overwhelmingly passed laws that benefited only white people not to mention laws that harmed other races. Come on dude. Its not even something thats debatable. :laugh:

Yet they have also passed laws that benefit other racial groups, Milkweed! You still haven't explained that. So it's obvious that the "white majority" does indeed pass legislation that isn't racist in nature and does so quite often actually.
Who told you that I had to explain anything? My point is and has always been that whites have self legislated themselves a head start. Thats not debatable. The facts are self evident and the actions have had repercussions for my people that continue to this day. :rolleyes:
Of course whites had a head start duh... They have fought for this place since Independence and before, and you and your buddy trying to disrespect that fact or ignore it as if it was a bad thing is the rub. Don't make whites regret their compassion and humanitarian side in which was used to set the blacks free, and then to allow them to struggle their way to Independence here just as the whites had to do that very same thing early on in this new nation.
The only thing whites did was wipe out most of the NA's due to carrying diseases. They almost died themselves because they had no clue how to survive. Whites did nothing but fuck up the entire time they were "founding" this nation. It would still be a penal colony if not for Blacks. Whites knew that they were the weak race so they needed a head start. I am glad you agree but I really wasnt asking for your agreement. I was just pointing out the facts.
Your twisting of the facts is noted, and your hatred of whites is also noted.

Your twisting of the facts is noted, and your hatred of whites is also noted.
What does that mean for me? How does that affect my life? :rolleyes:

You cite college enrollments as proof of systemic racism in America? I suppose you think Barack Obama got into Columbia and Harvard Law School on the merits of his academic work and not because of his skin pigmentation? Let's be honest here...Ivy League colleges FIGHT over qualified black applicants and admit those who aren't as qualified as other racial pools. If you're an Asian student trying to get into Harvard you've got your work cut out for you because you're going to face a quota system that places other races before you. Yet we STILL have historic black colleges? Why exactly?

th

That is a lie abut Asian students. And why do we still have historically white collages? You do realize that whites have always been admitted primarily because of their skin pigmentation. You are not being honest. .

itshisfault-from-talk-onevietnam-org.jpeg
Trump's Justice Department Takes on Harvard's Asian Quotas | RealClearPolitics

You really don't know this? Sad...really...

I know this.

Students at Harvard University are predominantly White with a smaller Asian population. The school has very high racial diversity.

Racial demographics of Harvard University students
Race Percent of Students
White 44%
Black 6%
Hispanic 10%
Asian 19%
American Indian / Alaskan 0%
Hawaiian / Pacific Islander 0%
Two or more races 6%
International 11%
Race Unknown 3%

Harvard University Student Demographics

There are 3 times the number of Asians at Harvard than blacks even as blacks have 3 times the population of Asians. That 19 percent is 4 times the population of Asians in this country. White racists have used Asians to try ending AA and it's all based on lies.

So. Where is the "widespread discrimination" against white students?

Blacks are far underrepresented here, yet the resident nuts here will still swear that "their people" are victims.

SMGDH

Where is the discrimination? It's right there in front of your face but you're wearing your "victim blinders" and thus can't see it! If Harvard was to judge it's applicants solely on their academic records and their extra curricular achievements FAR more Asian students would now be enrolled at that school! Harvard is an elite college. In order to get into such a school it takes stellar grades for an Asian student to even be considered. On the other hand if you're a black student with good grades you've got a very good shot at getting in. Why? Because Harvard IS under represented in the number of blacks that attend there and Harvard now has a policy of grading applicants in order to keep Asians out but bring blacks in.

Wrong. There are 3 times the umber of Asians than blacks at Harvard so what you say cannot be true. It's just that simple. If you replace every black/Hispanic with a Asian student, they would make up 36 percent of the student body, still less than whites even as they outperform whites on academic records. This NOT about denying asians spots for blacks. But this is what you racists will continue repeating. It IS about making certain whites continue being the majority of students at Harvard. Because white legacy students are admitted with no regard to academic record. Stop whining about some shit whites like you make up so you can claim victimhood.

You cite college enrollments as proof of systemic racism in America? I suppose you think Barack Obama got into Columbia and Harvard Law School on the merits of his academic work and not because of his skin pigmentation? Let's be honest here...Ivy League colleges FIGHT over qualified black applicants and admit those who aren't as qualified as other racial pools. If you're an Asian student trying to get into Harvard you've got your work cut out for you because you're going to face a quota system that places other races before you. Yet we STILL have historic black colleges? Why exactly?

th

That is a lie abut Asian students. And why do we still have historically white collages? You do realize that whites have always been admitted primarily because of their skin pigmentation. You are not being honest. .

I know this.

Students at Harvard University are predominantly White with a smaller Asian population. The school has very high racial diversity.

Race Percent of Students
White 44%
Black 6%
Hispanic 10%
Asian 19%
Two or more races 6%
International 11%
Race Unknown 3%

There are 3 times the number of Asians at Harvard than blacks even as blacks have 3 times the population of Asians. That 19 percent is 4 times the population of Asians in this country. White racists have used Asians to try ending AA and it's all based on lies.

So. Where is the "widespread discrimination" against white students?

Blacks are far underrepresented here, yet the resident nuts here will still swear that "their people" are victims.

SMGDH

Where is the discrimination? It's right there in front of your face but you're wearing your "victim blinders" and thus can't see it! If Harvard was to judge it's applicants solely on their academic records and their extra curricular achievements FAR more Asian students would now be enrolled at that school! Harvard is an elite college. In order to get into such a school it takes stellar grades for an Asian student to even be considered. On the other hand if you're a black student with good grades you've got a very good shot at getting in. Why? Because Harvard IS under represented in the number of blacks that attend there and Harvard now has a policy of grading applicants in order to keep Asians out but bring blacks in.

I have no need to be a victim. I graduated from college long ago and am retired.
But, applying your "logic", there should be less white students admitted and more Asian students enrolled.

And would likely be the case if legacy admissions accounted for less admissions at universities like Harvard.

That aside, it sounds like you are implying that there are NO black students enrolled there, that got in based on their qualifications.

At Trial, Harvard’s Asian Problem and a Preference for White Students from “Sparse Country”

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: IM2
To claim that Barack Obama "qualified" for Harvard Law School with his pedestrian grades at Occidental and Columbia without the aid of Affirmative Action is laughable! He got in for one reason and one reason alone. He was black. To claim that Barack Obama "qualified" to be the President of the Harvard Law Review is just as laughable! That was an honor that used to be granted to the person with the best academic record at Harvard. Shortly before Barry became President of the Law Review however they changed that to judging them on a essay that they'd written.

For you to be white and even talk like you do is laughable. What a delusional bastard like you think AA is your white ass has always been given. YOU were admitted into college because of AA. YOU got a job because of AA. YOU were promoted because of AA. YOU, your parents, your grand parents and all of your family. Everything you have is because of AA if AA is what you say it is.

Obama graduated with a JD degree magna cum laude from Harvard in 1991. AA did not go to class, take tests, or do his papers or research projects.

Last edited:
The "$60,000 question" of course is what do blacks do when they have majorities? Do they pass legislation that is helpful to other racial groups or do they pass legislation that is designed to help them?
Thats not a question at all. You only need to know your history to figure that out. Blacks went to europe and educated whites and this was after educating them the first time via Egypt. :rolleyes:

Perhaps some of them should have gone south and "educated" the rest of Africa? Yes, Colonial rule hurt minorities in Africa but most of those countries have had black majority rule for a long, long time...so how have they fared with that? Hard to find more corrupt areas or more impoverished.

You know nothing about Africa.

Good to see this forum is still nothing but a pigpen for idiotic racist losers of all colors to indulge in self-denigration.

:fu: all you racist douche bags on all sides

When was the US a "penal colony?

I was a history major, IM2...I actually know quite a bit about the history of most areas.

To claim that Barack Obama "qualified" for Harvard Law School with his pedestrian grades at Occidental and Columbia without the aid of Affirmative Action is laughable! He got in for one reason and one reason alone. He was black. To claim that Barack Obama "qualified" to be the President of the Harvard Law Review is just as laughable! That was an honor that used to be granted to the person with the best academic record at Harvard. Shortly before Barry became President of the Law Review however they changed that to judging them on a essay that they'd written.

For you to be white and even talk like you do is laughable. What a delusional bastard like you think AA is your white ass has always been given. YOU were admitted into college because of AA. YOU got a job because of AA. YOU were promoted because of AA. YOU, your parents, your grand parents and all of your family. Everything you have is because of AA if AA is what you say it is.

Obama graduated with a JD degree magna cum laude from Harvard in 1991. AA did not go to class, take tests, or do his papers or research projects.

As for how I got into college? I attended on an athletic scholarship and it wasn't awarded because of my skin pigmentation!

Good to see this forum is still nothing but a pigpen for idiotic racist losers of all colors to indulge in self-denigration.

:fu: all you racist douche bags on all sides
Look whose talking... ROTFLMBO.

I was a history major, IM2...I actually know quite a bit about the history of most areas.

History of what? You know nothing about Africa.

As for how I got into college? I attended on an athletic scholarship and it wasn't awarded because of my skin pigmentation!

Your while life you have been awarded things because of my skin pigmentation. As for how I got into college? I attended on an athletic scholarship for wrestling and AA did not win wrestling matches for me.

th

I know this.

Race Percent of Students
White 44%
Black 6%
Hispanic 10%
Asian 19%
Two or more races 6%
International 11%
Race Unknown 3%

Now whose being retarded ??? You is, because you take head counts, and try to apply that to entrance exams and/or scores.

Skin color should mean nothing when it comes to qualifying for colleges based upon scores. Either you score well enough to get in or you don't. Fair enough right ??? Not in your mind it ain't, because in your mind it's all about skin color instead of character and intellect, and going after whitey no matter the place or time. If anything it's unfair to those of color that really work hard to prove themselves to be intellectually compatible to any other person when it comes to their SAT scores. You and people like Obama etc focusing on quota's and numbers are not being fair to those who really work hard to get in, and that's a shame because it cheapens the whole experience for all participants, and leaves to door wide open to suggest that people cheated or we're given an unfair advantage or edge in order to get accepted.

The idea for you is to flood everything with the numbers even if it lowers the quality or experience of everyone involved, just to make sure that blacks are placed upon a level footing with whites no matter what the circumstances and/or situation is.

This may have worked over time, but at what point does it stop in order to bring back individual achievement as to be rewarded in our society again ?????? Or is it that the idea now is to cement this way of thinking into society, and into the educational system in order to safe gaurd the results over the years, and to ensure the same results for years to come ???

If the case is to concrete these ideas into the nation's future, then socialism or communism is the only answer in doing so.

So are you a Socialist or Communist ??

Since what you say has never been....

All you had to do was look it up.

Definition of SELF-LEGISLATING

self-legislating
adjective

Definition of self-legislating

: making rules or laws for oneself

Actually blacks have fought in all the same wars whites have. You suffer from delusions of grandeur loser.

History of what? You know nothing about Africa.

And you base that observation on what? My "whiteness"? Because as we all know...the only historians who know ANYTHING about Africa...ARE OF COURSE BLACK!!!

Could you possibly BE any more of a racist?

Forum List

Back