Why do Republicans cripple their children with homeschooling?

In my opinion, some children do not wish to attend their local public school. Perhaps the academic standards are too low, or the behavior of many students makes it a dangerous learning environment.

They would prefer being in a private school.

But their parents do not have the financial means.

Thus, as a last resort, their parents homeschool them.

In my state of California, there is free public school education via the Internet. It seems to offer good instruction by qualified teachers.

I agree that homeschooling or Internet teaching prevents children from honing their social skills.

But I feel that a safe learning environment is the top priority.

The parents who refuse to send their children to school are setting their kids up for failure. They want to rush their kids in "marriage" so their kids will all have four kids before they are even 25, with no way to support them. I can't imagine what it is like to grow up in a cult family and then end up in the real world with no means of coping. It's the girls who suffer the most, and it is the parents of these girls who are responsible.
care to prove that bullshit?
How many girls will be consistently pregnant before they are 25, without ever having the chance to decide what they want to be in life? They will just be little sex playthings who are "educated" to allow their "husbands" to hump them and make them pregnant like barnyard animals. Girls 'educated" only to be sex slaves and baby mommas. This is sick. Look at poor Anna Duggar and Josh Duggar who humps her.

You tell me it's your bullshit theory.

So now get the actual statistics on pregnancy by age 25 and how it correlates to both home schooling and public schooling.

`
`

Homeschooling is mainly done by the religious right who incorporate the bible in all facets of education; science, math, history, etc. You will not find these people in college, unless they have had remedial classes and even then, they don't last.
That is utter bullshit

Research shows that home-schooled students are certainly capable of adjusting to the college curriculum academically – home-schooled students generally score slightly above the national average on both the SAT and the ACT and often enter college with more college credits.

actually, you're both correct. people almost always homeschool because they do not want their children exposed to secular education and want religious concepts reinforced. that is, obviously, the objection most of us have to homeschooling because religion is not science.

it is also true that many homeschooled kids adapt fine to college in measurable terms. but I doubt there are measurements for their ability to comprehend and accept things like actual science or their abilities with math. parents are not in most instances of teaching math or science.

those home schooled kids generally perform better on standardized tests and those tests include math.

And you show no proof for your opinion.

The fact is home schooled kids do better on the SAT and ACT tests than the average public school student

So refute that if you can

And you show no proof for your opinion.The fact is home schooled kids do better on the SAT and ACT tests than the average public school student. So refute that if you can
`
What's the difference between an opinion and a fact?
`
`
`

Facts_and_Opinions_-_1.jpg

And you show no proof for your opinion.The fact is home schooled kids do better on the SAT and ACT tests than the average public school student. So refute that if you can
`
What's the difference between an opinion and a fact?
`
`
`

Facts_and_Opinions_-_1.jpg
I gave you a fact.

Home schooled kids perform better on standardized tests than their public school counterparts.

That contradicts your OPINION that home schooled kids need remedial help in order to handle college courses

The only thing Progressive about our educational system is that, overall, our kids progressively fall further behind the rest of the world year after year. But, because our schools graduate illiterates who can neither read nor write, it's a tremendous success for the Democrat Party.

Phyllis Schlafly - Conservapedia

Homeschooling always makes me think of Phyllis Schlafly. Phyllis is considered by many to be the mother of the conservative movement. I once saw a hilarious interview by her where she said she did all the right things.
She homeschooled her kids to insulate them from the nastiness of modern society. She married a strong man and great father figure and she bowed down to him as the master of the the house. They disciplined their children. And in spite of doing everything absolutely the right way, one of her sons turned out gay. She said she just couldn't understand how this could happen.

This is a complicated and competitive world. Many parents are old fashioned. They want to teach a 1950's education in a world that needs a 2017 education.

Home-schooled children do terrible in math.

The Homeschool Math Gap: The Data

In many cases, homeschooled teens are expected to teach themselves algebra or calculus out of a textbook without the aid of any kind of teacher or adult help—something most children likely cannot do successfully.

Just The Facts: The Pros & Cons Of Homeschooling

Can homeschooling make or break a child’s future?

Adults who were homeschooled often reference extreme social awkwardness as an obstacle they experienced upon entering college or the workforce. Others, whose teaching was steeped in religious ideology, note astonishment and even anger towards their parents because they were shielded from scientific learning and had no knowledge of subjects like evolution, the big bang theory or even the existence of dinosaurs.

----------------------------------

Wow, imagine not even knowing that dinosaurs were real or going to a college science class and knowing nothing of evolution.

I've seen a lot of fake statistics. But common sense will tell you that coming from an ultra conservative background, you obviously won't do well in math and science.

I'm not even sure what kind of jobs conservatives who have home-schooled their children think those kids are qualified for. Remember 87% of lost manufacturing jobs were automated.

I can see conservatives setting their kids up for a failed life. They don't know math or science and they haven't been socialized.

My kids went to the public schools in CA. They may as well of spent the time playing video games for all that was worth.
Generally speaking the teachers were ignorant, lazy and had holier than thou attitudes that did nothing but shut off effective communications.
I had teachers explaining why they didn't teach spelling or require book reports or much of anything else regarding books. I saw my mids come home with papers that had been erroneously corrected. Some told me that while they graded papers but didn't actually count wrong answers against them because they got credit for trying. WTF?
There are more reasons as to why a lot of CA schools do children more harm than good, but you get the gist.
I spent far more time with my kids and their schooling than any teacher ever did, I cared more if they succeeded, and I knew how to spell better than a lot of them. I required them to learn.

No one should really be wondering why so many went to home schooling their children.

This shit should be illegal...All major test should be done under the super vision of a teacher or professor.

No wonder the loserterian is so stupid as it wasn't taught to think.

Whatsit to ya?

I gave you a fact.Home schooled kids perform better on standardized tests than their public school counterparts.That contradicts your OPINION that home schooled kids need remedial help in order to handle college courses

`
`

No. You don't know the difference between a fact and opinion. Thanks for clearing that up.

`
`

Homeschooling is mainly done by the religious right who incorporate the bible in all facets of education; science, math, history, etc. You will not find these people in college, unless they have had remedial classes and even then, they don't last.

Where did you get your information?

The parents who refuse to send their children to school are setting their kids up for failure. They want to rush their kids in "marriage" so their kids will all have four kids before they are even 25, with no way to support them. I can't imagine what it is like to grow up in a cult family and then end up in the real world with no means of coping. It's the girls who suffer the most, and it is the parents of these girls who are responsible.

Congratulations! An entire post without a single truth!

Forum List

Back