Why do Republicans cripple their children with homeschooling?

The point is ... you can no more make all inclusive statements about homeschooling than you can about public schooling. The efficacy of schooling depends on many factors. The intelligence of the child. The quality of the instruction. As well as the home and social life of the family.Home schooling is no more a ticket to failure in life than is attending any other kind of education.
`
`

I accept your opinion but it certainly doesn't change my mind....nor should it. I can say that some peoples opinions (unsourced) are worth a lot more to me, than others.

This shit should be illegal...All major test should be done under the super vision of a teacher or professor.

No wonder the loserterian is so stupid as it wasn't taught to think.
If you were home schooled, your grammar and spelling might be better.

Last edited:
`
`

Homeschooling is mainly done by the religious right who incorporate the bible in all facets of education; science, math, history, etc. You will not find these people in college, unless they have had remedial classes and even then, they don't last.
That is utter bullshit

Research shows that home-schooled students are certainly capable of adjusting to the college curriculum academically – home-schooled students generally score slightly above the national average on both the SAT and the ACT and often enter college with more college credits.

The parents who refuse to send their children to school are setting their kids up for failure. They want to rush their kids in "marriage" so their kids will all have four kids before they are even 25, with no way to support them. I can't imagine what it is like to grow up in a cult family and then end up in the real world with no means of coping. It's the girls who suffer the most, and it is the parents of these girls who are responsible.
care to prove that bullshit?

The parents who refuse to send their children to school are setting their kids up for failure. They want to rush their kids in "marriage" so their kids will all have four kids before they are even 25, with no way to support them. I can't imagine what it is like to grow up in a cult family and then end up in the real world with no means of coping. It's the girls who suffer the most, and it is the parents of these girls who are responsible.
care to prove that bullshit?
How many girls will be consistently pregnant before they are 25, without ever having the chance to decide what they want to be in life? They will just be little sex playthings who are "educated" to allow their "husbands" to hump them and make them pregnant like barnyard animals. Girls 'educated" only to be sex slaves and baby mommas. This is sick. Look at poor Anna Duggar and Josh Duggar who humps her.

How many girls will be consistently pregnant before they are 25, without ever having the chance to decide what they want to be in life? They will just be little sex playthings who are "educated" to allow their "husbands" to hump them and make them pregnant like barnyard animals. Girls 'educated" only to be sex slaves and baby mommas. This is sick. Look at poor Anna Duggar and Josh Duggar who humps her.
So do you think it is better that they are indoctrinated at a public school with mass think agendas and pregnant or with some type of venereal diseases before they hit twenty? You really haven't a clue as to how bright many of these children who are home-schooled in family orientated settings. They will survive and be healthy when city dwellers will be crying in the streets, drugged out of their gourds with legal or illegal substances and their little ones are committing suicide at young ages.

So do you think it is better that they are indoctrinated at a public school with mass think agendas and pregnant or with some type of venereal diseases before they hit twenty? You really haven't a clue as to how bright many of these children who are home-schooled in family orientated settings. They will survive and be healthy when city dwellers will be crying in the streets, drugged out of their gourds with legal or illegal substances and their little ones are committing suicide at young ages.
Most of this anti homeschooling mentality is merely latent resentment at the fact that most of these people don't have parents who love them enough to have done the same for them. Most of these folks know home schooled kids turn out better than they did. And they fucking hate them for it. It not... "Fair"...
At least that's been my observation on the matter.

yes, it is better when children are educated, instead of being "taught" by people who aren't qualified to teach and who believe stupid things..... you know, like vaccines are a government conspiracy.

or that creationism is science.

Most of this anti homeschooling mentality is merely latent resentment at the fact that most of these people don't have parents who love them enough to have done the same for them. Most of these folks know home schooled kids turn out better than they did. And they fucking hate them for it. It not... "Fair"...
At least that's been my observation on the matter.
I was blessed enough to work for myself but we did not have a private school or the ability to home-school the children but just hiring private tutors for my dyslexic son for several years made a world of difference for him. The public school system teachers were so arrogant, prideful and ignorant generally that they almost destroyed my son emotionally with their crap so I am pro parents choice in all schooling matters. If parents have that ability more power to them!

`
`

Homeschooling is mainly done by the religious right who incorporate the bible in all facets of education; science, math, history, etc. You will not find these people in college, unless they have had remedial classes and even then, they don't last.
That is utter bullshit

Research shows that home-schooled students are certainly capable of adjusting to the college curriculum academically – home-schooled students generally score slightly above the national average on both the SAT and the ACT and often enter college with more college credits.

actually, you're both correct. people almost always homeschool because they do not want their children exposed to secular education and want religious concepts reinforced. that is, obviously, the objection most of us have to homeschooling because religion is not science.

it is also true that many homeschooled kids adapt fine to college in measurable terms. but I doubt there are measurements for their ability to comprehend and accept things like actual science or their abilities with math. parents are not in most instances of teaching math or science.

yes, it is better when children are educated, instead of being "taught" by people who aren't qualified to teach and who believe stupid things..... you know, like vaccines are a government conspiracy.

or that creationism is science.
Go shoot your self up and eat all that lying shit you like being fed twat but leave the rest alone.

s'matter? did you resemble those remarks? did I hit a nerve?
Nah, you are simply a twat that apparently thinks that fake science and experimenting and shoving your shit on other peoples children as if they are guinea pigs which you and your ilk have no rights to in any way shape or form is all fine and dandy. I don't care for your fascist ways, your lies or attitudes and never will. You are free to subject yourself but you will never be free to subject others into your demon filled world without extreme opposition.

My nieces were home schooled, their mother was an Registered Nurse, their father was an Accountant, turned Pastor, who went back to college to study theology, then became a minister.

Both girls participated in the public school's sports and after school group activities of different kinds.

Both girls went to college, the eldest recently graduated, the youngest still going.

Both nieces are extremely bright, and well adjusted, and had no problems going to college...

Now it could be because their father was a math major and their mother was a Science major, and both parents alternated years as their teachers that they ended up well rounded and well educated, I dunno?

I was against them being home schooled and so was my husband, but we were both wrong, once all was said and done!!! My nieces are doing great!

`
`

That is utter bullshit

actually, you're both correct. people almost always homeschool because they do not want their children exposed to secular education and want religious concepts reinforced. that is, obviously, the objection most of us have to homeschooling because religion is not science.

it is also true that many homeschooled kids adapt fine to college in measurable terms. but I doubt there are measurements for their ability to comprehend and accept things like actual science or their abilities with math. parents are not in most instances of teaching math or science.
Some people choose to home school for the exact opposite reason. To keep their children from being brainwashed by the diversity cult, and avoiding their children being lied to. Public schools don't teach the fact that "equality" is a social construct; and instead drone into their heads the unfounded notion that "diversity is our strength".
So yes, while some may choose to home school in order to reinforce their own cult; many also choose to do so, simply to avoid the cult of the leftists. 6 of one/ half dozen of the other...

Phyllis Schlafly - Conservapedia

Homeschooling always makes me think of Phyllis Schlafly. Phyllis is considered by many to be the mother of the conservative movement. I once saw a hilarious interview by her where she said she did all the right things.
She homeschooled her kids to insulate them from the nastiness of modern society. She married a strong man and great father figure and she bowed down to him as the master of the the house. They disciplined their children. And in spite of doing everything absolutely the right way, one of her sons turned out gay. She said she just couldn't understand how this could happen.

This is a complicated and competitive world. Many parents are old fashioned. They want to teach a 1950's education in a world that needs a 2017 education.

Home-schooled children do terrible in math.

The Homeschool Math Gap: The Data

In many cases, homeschooled teens are expected to teach themselves algebra or calculus out of a textbook without the aid of any kind of teacher or adult help—something most children likely cannot do successfully.

Just The Facts: The Pros & Cons Of Homeschooling

Can homeschooling make or break a child’s future?

Adults who were homeschooled often reference extreme social awkwardness as an obstacle they experienced upon entering college or the workforce. Others, whose teaching was steeped in religious ideology, note astonishment and even anger towards their parents because they were shielded from scientific learning and had no knowledge of subjects like evolution, the big bang theory or even the existence of dinosaurs.

----------------------------------

Wow, imagine not even knowing that dinosaurs were real or going to a college science class and knowing nothing of evolution.

I've seen a lot of fake statistics. But common sense will tell you that coming from an ultra conservative background, you obviously won't do well in math and science.

I'm not even sure what kind of jobs conservatives who have home-schooled their children think those kids are qualified for. Remember 87% of lost manufacturing jobs were automated.

I can see conservatives setting their kids up for a failed life. They don't know math or science and they haven't been socialized.
Leave them alone. Do you want more kids in the public schools? We should encourage every republican to home school, go to private schools and charter schools. See how they do

Why do Republicans cripple their children with homeschooling?

What?
  • Home schooling need not be a deleterious to a child's education. If the persons instructing the child are inept at teaching and teaching what the child must learn, their home schooling the child can and probably will be disastrous for the child intellectual development.
  • Given the above, what does a parent's being Republican have to do with it? Pedagogical ineptitude and its consequences transcend party affiliation.

`
`

Statistically, there are no facts that can actually tell, if a college person has been home schooled or not. In fact, there are no universal facts that can even tell, how many home schooled children there really are.

Many homeschoolers attend some High school to have transcripts and avoid questions. Others list their home school as a private school - actually they are forced to be listed as private schools in many states by law. Still others attend Junior college concurrently with homeschooling - just as some state funded highschoolers do. This gives them college transcripts. Many Universities will take college transcripts without asking for high school transcripts if they have enough (often equivalent to a year's worth or even a semester's in some cases).

This is a complicated and competitive world. Many parents are old fashioned. They want to teach a 1950's education in a world that needs a 2017 education.
Yes, it is; however, what was taught in the 1950s in math, English, history and much of science is, if the home teacher be competent, the curriculum be rigorous, and student masters that content, is more than adequate for the student to pass (earn a 4 or 5) the AP exams in those disciplines.

To be sure, it's a "heavy lift" for two people to deliver the level of rigor and content needed, but if a child is blessed with having parents who can do so, or who are willing and able to hire tutors to teach/supplement the child's instruction, being schooled at home isn't in and of itself a problem.

Home schooling allows them to control who their children are allowed to contact

Forum List

Back