Why do Republicans cripple their children with homeschooling?

The only thing Progressive about our educational system is that, overall, our kids progressively fall further behind the rest of the world year after year. But, because our schools graduate illiterates who can neither read nor write, it's a tremendous success for the Democrat Party.

As is abundantly evident here at USMB, illiteracy is what the DNC depends upon to maintain their base and promote their agenda.

The parents who refuse to send their children to school are setting their kids up for failure. They want to rush their kids in "marriage" so their kids will all have four kids before they are even 25, with no way to support them. I can't imagine what it is like to grow up in a cult family and then end up in the real world with no means of coping. It's the girls who suffer the most, and it is the parents of these girls who are responsible.
care to prove that bullshit?
How many girls will be consistently pregnant before they are 25, without ever having the chance to decide what they want to be in life? They will just be little sex playthings who are "educated" to allow their "husbands" to hump them and make them pregnant like barnyard animals. Girls 'educated" only to be sex slaves and baby mommas. This is sick. Look at poor Anna Duggar and Josh Duggar who humps her.

Pig

Because many public schools suck.

that isn't why people homeschool.

It is absolutely one of the reasons. If I'd of left my kids in the hands of only the teachers of California, they wouldn't be able to read a stop sign.

yah... spoken like a true winger.

my son graduated from NYC public schools.... now at one of the top schools in the world.

only deluded wingers who think like you homeschool unless their kid is being bullied and there is no choice.

but feel free to say what part of my comment is untrue. the tying their shoes part is on the parents.

but thanks for proving what you are. :thup:

It is absolutely one of the reasons. If I'd of left my kids in the hands of only the teachers of California, they wouldn't be able to read a stop sign.

my son graduated from NYC public schools.... now at one of the top schools in the world.

only deluded wingers who think like you homeschool unless their kid is being bullied and there is no choice.

but feel free to say what part of my comment is untrue. the tying their shoes part is on the parents.

As long as I've been posting here, I've yet to see you type anything true.

The parents who refuse to send their children to school are setting their kids up for failure. They want to rush their kids in "marriage" so their kids will all have four kids before they are even 25, with no way to support them. I can't imagine what it is like to grow up in a cult family and then end up in the real world with no means of coping. It's the girls who suffer the most, and it is the parents of these girls who are responsible.
How many girls will be consistently pregnant before they are 25, without ever having the chance to decide what they want to be in life? They will just be little sex playthings who are "educated" to allow their "husbands" to hump them and make them pregnant like barnyard animals. Girls 'educated" only to be sex slaves and baby mommas. This is sick. Look at poor Anna Duggar and Josh Duggar who humps her.
How many girls will be consistently pregnant before they are 25, without ever having the chance to decide what they want to be in life?

Are you talking about homeschooling, or public education?

In my opinion, some children do not wish to attend their local public school. Perhaps the academic standards are too low, or the behavior of many students makes it a dangerous learning environment.

They would prefer being in a private school.

But their parents do not have the financial means.

Thus, as a last resort, their parents homeschool them.

In my state of California, there is free public school education via the Internet. It seems to offer good instruction by qualified teachers.

I agree that homeschooling or Internet teaching prevents children from honing their social skills.

But I feel that a safe learning environment is the top priority.
In my opinion, some children do not wish to attend their local public school. Perhaps the academic standards are too low, or the behavior of many students makes it a dangerous learning environment.

Excuse me? Who in their right mind thinks a child is an apt judge of academic standards and whether any scholastic organization/setting meets or exceeds any of them? What a child thinks about academic standards, pedagogy (do kids even know what that is?), their personal safety at school, and so on is irrelevant.

We/my kids interviewed several schools before choosing a high school. One of my kids expressed a strong desire to attend a high school other than my alma mater. I was fine with sending him to a different school because the school he preferred -- one his best friend also was attending -- met with my and his mother's approval. Were he to have wanted to go to a school that didn't, he would have had to "get over" the fact that he wasn't permitted to enroll there. What the school offered in terms of academics, facilities, teaching approach, etc. and what my boy thought about those things wasn't ever "on the table." Why would a parent allow such things, as their child construes and opines on them, ever be?

The only thing Progressive about our educational system is that, overall, our kids progressively fall further behind the rest of the world year after year. But, because our schools graduate illiterates who can neither read nor write, it's a tremendous success for the Democrat Party.

As is abundantly evident here at USMB, illiteracy is what the DNC depends upon to maintain their base and promote their agenda.
The thing is that, including Jake, there are only 2 or maybe 3 unique individual Liberals who post here. They each have to run 15 to 25 sock accounts to make Progressives look popular

Phyllis Schlafly - Conservapedia

Homeschooling always makes me think of Phyllis Schlafly. Phyllis is considered by many to be the mother of the conservative movement. I once saw a hilarious interview by her where she said she did all the right things.
She homeschooled her kids to insulate them from the nastiness of modern society. She married a strong man and great father figure and she bowed down to him as the master of the the house. They disciplined their children. And in spite of doing everything absolutely the right way, one of her sons turned out gay. She said she just couldn't understand how this could happen.

This is a complicated and competitive world. Many parents are old fashioned. They want to teach a 1950's education in a world that needs a 2017 education.

Home-schooled children do terrible in math.

The Homeschool Math Gap: The Data

In many cases, homeschooled teens are expected to teach themselves algebra or calculus out of a textbook without the aid of any kind of teacher or adult help—something most children likely cannot do successfully.

Just The Facts: The Pros & Cons Of Homeschooling

Can homeschooling make or break a child’s future?

Adults who were homeschooled often reference extreme social awkwardness as an obstacle they experienced upon entering college or the workforce. Others, whose teaching was steeped in religious ideology, note astonishment and even anger towards their parents because they were shielded from scientific learning and had no knowledge of subjects like evolution, the big bang theory or even the existence of dinosaurs.

----------------------------------

Wow, imagine not even knowing that dinosaurs were real or going to a college science class and knowing nothing of evolution.

I've seen a lot of fake statistics. But common sense will tell you that coming from an ultra conservative background, you obviously won't do well in math and science.

I'm not even sure what kind of jobs conservatives who have home-schooled their children think those kids are qualified for. Remember 87% of lost manufacturing jobs were automated.

I can see conservatives setting their kids up for a failed life. They don't know math or science and they haven't been socialized.

Homeschooled students outscore public school students by every metric.

The Results

Overall the study showed significant advances in homeschool academic achievement as well as revealing that issues such as student gender, parents’ education level, and family income had little bearing on the results of homeschooled students.

National Average Percentile Scores

Subtest

Homeschool

Public School

Reading

Language

Math

Science

Social Studies

Corea

Compositeb

a. Core is a combination of Reading, Language, and Math.
b. Composite is a combination of all subtests that the student took on the test.

There was little difference between the results of homeschooled boys and girls on core scores.

Boys—87th percentile
Girls—88th percentile
Homeschooling is making great strides and hundreds of thousands of parents across America are showing every day what can be achieved when parents exercise their right to homeschool and make tremendous sacrifices to provide their children with the best education available.

clip_image002.jpg

HSLDA: New Nationwide Study Confirms Homeschool Academic Achievement

And you show no proof for your opinion.The fact is home schooled kids do better on the SAT and ACT tests than the average public school student. So refute that if you can
`
What's the difference between an opinion and a fact?
`
`
`

Facts_and_Opinions_-_1.jpg

Fact: I homeschool.

Here's another fact:

Homeschooled students outscore public school students by every metric.

The Results

Overall the study showed significant advances in homeschool academic achievement as well as revealing that issues such as student gender, parents’ education level, and family income had little bearing on the results of homeschooled students.

National Average Percentile Scores

Subtest

Homeschool

Public School

Reading

Language

Math

Science

Social Studies

Corea

Compositeb

a. Core is a combination of Reading, Language, and Math.
b. Composite is a combination of all subtests that the student took on the test.

There was little difference between the results of homeschooled boys and girls on core scores.

Boys—87th percentile
Girls—88th percentile
Homeschooling is making great strides and hundreds of thousands of parents across America are showing every day what can be achieved when parents exercise their right to homeschool and make tremendous sacrifices to provide their children with the best education available.

clip_image002.jpg

HSLDA: New Nationwide Study Confirms Homeschool Academic Achievement

Homeschooling always makes me think of Phyllis Schlafly. Phyllis is considered by many to be the mother of the conservative movement. I once saw a hilarious interview by her where she said she did all the right things.
She homeschooled her kids to insulate them from the nastiness of modern society. She married a strong man and great father figure and she bowed down to him as the master of the the house. They disciplined their children. And in spite of doing everything absolutely the right way, one of her sons turned out gay. She said she just couldn't understand how this could happen.

This is a complicated and competitive world. Many parents are old fashioned. They want to teach a 1950's education in a world that needs a 2017 education.

In many cases, homeschooled teens are expected to teach themselves algebra or calculus out of a textbook without the aid of any kind of teacher or adult help—something most children likely cannot do successfully.

Adults who were homeschooled often reference extreme social awkwardness as an obstacle they experienced upon entering college or the workforce. Others, whose teaching was steeped in religious ideology, note astonishment and even anger towards their parents because they were shielded from scientific learning and had no knowledge of subjects like evolution, the big bang theory or even the existence of dinosaurs.

Wow, imagine not even knowing that dinosaurs were real or going to a college science class and knowing nothing of evolution.

I've seen a lot of fake statistics. But common sense will tell you that coming from an ultra conservative background, you obviously won't do well in math and science.

I'm not even sure what kind of jobs conservatives who have home-schooled their children think those kids are qualified for. Remember 87% of lost manufacturing jobs were automated.

I can see conservatives setting their kids up for a failed life. They don't know math or science and they haven't been socialized.

We all know why Rderp is so stupid, because he went to a Chicago union run public school system

How many girls will be consistently pregnant before they are 25, without ever having the chance to decide what they want to be in life?

Homeschooling. Parents of homeschooled girls have no desire for their future at all, just screwing and pregnancy with their "husbands." No care there. No thought. Anna Duggar's cult father hooked her up with the likes of Josh Duggar, now she is weighed down with what, five kids, and all by the whore she's married to. Where is she supposed to go? She probably doesn't even know how to prevent him from knocking her up.

Homeschooling. Parents of homeschooled girls have no desire for their future at all, just screwing and pregnancy with their "husbands." No care there. No thought. Anna Duggar's cult father hooked her up with the likes of Josh Duggar, now she is weighed down with what, five kids, and all by the whore she's married to. Where is she supposed to go? She probably doesn't even know how to prevent him from knocking her up.

It's scary you believe the Duggars are the typical Home Schoolers.

Yea and he is drunk as hell right now

We all know why Rderp is so stupid, because he went to a Chicago union run public school system

I thought it was a birth defect???

I'm active in several homeschool organizations in Brooklyn and Queens, NY....

Based on same, I can categorically deny your entire post.

Now....what is your expertise based on? Or, are you simply our best source of Greenhouse Gases?

BTW.....would you like to compare your educational resume with mine?
Say the word.

Last edited:

Does that really seem like a reasonable statement to you? Does that strike you as a logical thing to post? How can anything be discussed on the basis of unreflected emoting?

It's not so complicated. Some parents choose to home school, some do not. Some parents send their kids to public schools, some to private or parochial schools. All of these parents may have various, valid reasons for making the choices they do for their children, and they certainly have the right to do so. None of the possible choices necessarily indicates any dark agenda, or parental shortcoming.

A real discussion starts from there.

Last edited:

Pig

Forum List

Back