Why did God create evil?

People actually believed and still believe that the flood was worldwide and that Jesus rose from the dead like zombie...
1. People actually believe in a flat earth.
2. People actually believe there was no moon landing.
3. People actually believe the earth is six thousand years old.

But the majority of people don't, and never did. Not even my grandmother (born in the early 1900s) thought the flood literal or bought in "young earth." As I mentioned before, that was a Protestant teaching--not a Catholic teaching--and not a Jewish teaching.

Do you believe in lumping all people who believe there is an earth in with the minority of those who believe in a flat earth only will provide you with any kind of meaningful discussion?

Likewise, making the assumption that almost everyone, everywhere, in every time, has taken the Bible literally is a huge error.

You’re Catholic?

I’m asking why god wouldn’t have made the world utopian
What you are describing is a bubble-wrap kind of existence, which is pretty much what Genesis said our first parents rejected. They insisted on having/knowing the bad with the good.

The simple answer is that God didn't create evil.

Everything God created is good.

Evil is not extant. Evil doesn't exist in and of itself.

Evil is the absence of good, just as cold is the absence of heat, and darkness is the absence of light.

To mitigate idleness and obesity in Republicans?

But why does god make bad outcomes?
Maybe to give you a choice. How do you know that bad outcomes aren't part of the human condition which cannot be separated from existence?

You are very close to requiring God to do magic for you so that you won't have to suffer the human condition. Is that really what you want? An all controlling God? A Utopian existence? Don't you think you are being a little unreasonable?
Why not a utopian world with no bad outcomes? God could have made it like that, but he didn’t, why?
Is that reality?
I’m asking why god wouldn’t have made the world utopian and put all the bad shit/outcomes in it? You obviously don’t know. Not surprising.
I have an idea. That's why I asked you if you believed that utopian world is reality. Because why would you want anyone to deprive you of experiencing reality? Are you telling me you would actually want to live in a Utopian world? Do you want to be a drone? Is that what you are saying?
Why would I have to be a drone in a perfect world? I could just enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!

Why not a utopian world with no bad outcomes? God could have made it like that, but he didn’t, why?
Is that reality?
I’m asking why god wouldn’t have made the world utopian and put all the bad shit/outcomes in it? You obviously don’t know. Not surprising.
I have an idea. That's why I asked you if you believed that utopian world is reality. Because why would you want anyone to deprive you of experiencing reality? Are you telling me you would actually want to live in a Utopian world? Do you want to be a drone? Is that what you are saying?
I’m asking why god made so much bad shit. Not how I want things.
Like what?
Cancer, deformed babies, the retarded, the blind... well, any handicapped person, men wanting to fuck children... disease...

People actually believed and still believe that the flood was worldwide and that Jesus rose from the dead like zombie...
1. People actually believe in a flat earth.
2. People actually believe there was no moon landing.
3. People actually believe the earth is six thousand years old.

But the majority of people don't, and never did. Not even my grandmother (born in the early 1900s) thought the flood literal or bought in "young earth." As I mentioned before, that was a Protestant teaching--not a Catholic teaching--and not a Jewish teaching.

Do you believe in lumping all people who believe there is an earth in with the minority of those who believe in a flat earth only will provide you with any kind of meaningful discussion?

Likewise, making the assumption that almost everyone, everywhere, in every time, has taken the Bible literally is a huge error.
I never said that everywhere, every time... I'm saying that people believed the bible was a scientific-like document until actual science started debunking everything. Only real science-deniers still believe the bible is literal. There are a couple here.

I’m asking why god wouldn’t have made the world utopian
What you are describing is a bubble-wrap kind of existence, which is pretty much what Genesis said our first parents rejected. They insisted on having/knowing the bad with the good.
So because of 2 people in ancient history, we aren't in a utopian world? First of all, to lump us all into one pile... (is that how it goes? :biggrin:). Secondly, for god to punish everyone for 2 people's actions millennia ago is not worthy of a god's reasoning or actions. Third, IT MAKES NO SENSE!!!!! :biggrin:

Evil is the absence of good, just as cold is the absence of heat, and darkness is the absence of light.

Why did God create Karl Marx and the democrat party?

Well, it's hard to say really. I'm looking forward to an answer one day.

Why did God create Karl Marx and the democrat party?

Well, it's hard to say really. I'm looking forward to an answer one day.
Because the nature of existence is that error cannot stand it eventually fails.

No real harm done. Truth is arrived at through a conflict and confusion process. God loves diversity. He created it.

Is that reality?
Like what?
Cancer, deformed babies, the retarded, the blind... well, any handicapped person, men wanting to fuck children... disease...
Why do you believe that is bad shit?

Like what?
How can you not????

Like what?
How can you not????
There will always be someone who is better than you at things so I don’t even know how you can go on with your horrible life.

Like what?
How can you not????
There will always be someone who is better than you at things so I don’t even know how you can go on with your horrible life.
You're trying to argue that a child born deformed and retarded who is in constant pain isn't a bad thing. You have no morals.

Like what?
How can you not????
You're trying to argue that a child born deformed and retarded who is in constant pain isn't a bad thing. You have no morals.
I am arguing that what you are arguing is relative and you are making arbitrary distinctions without understanding the repercussions to yourself.

How can you not????
I am arguing that what you are arguing is relative and you are making arbitrary distinctions without understanding the repercussions to yourself.
Do you agree that a child born deformed and retarded who is constant pain isn't a good thing?

I want to know why god made such things.

How can you not????
Do you agree that a child born deformed and retarded who is constant pain isn't a good thing?

What is a good thing? And where did you get your expectation of good from?

I never said that everywhere, every time... I'm saying that people believed the bible was a scientific-like document until actual science started debunking everything.
I understand that is what you are saying. I am reminding you that not everyone viewed it that way--not at any time. Acting like they did is getting you nowhere. Perhaps keep in mind that people's interest was in God, not science. Science told literalists what believers had been telling literalists all along. It is not like literalists listened to either, is it.

How can you not????

What is a good thing? And where did you get your expectation of good from?
I have no expectation from god, just asking why god would make a deformed and retarded baby in constant pain? And if you don't see that as a bad thing, then seriously, you have no morals.

Forum List

Back