Why did God create evil?

Totally relevant, Adam did something bad and all his descendants are paying for it. God needs to go to judge school. :biggrin:
I see you are still embracing a literal interpretation of biblical accounts. I think perhaps you should take your bowling ball and go play Marco Polo. Don't forget your snow skis.
Aren't we in a fallen world because of Adam and Eve?

The simple answer is that God didn't create evil.

Everything God created is good.

Evil is not extant. Evil doesn't exist in and of itself.

Evil is the absence of good, just as cold is the absence of heat, and darkness is the absence of light.

Then again we can create cold. Refrigerators and freezers create cold for us. We can also create darkness.

Some people can't see so light is irrelevant for them too.

God didn't create evil though because God doesn't exist.

Perhaps try to approach the story in terms of mankind. The name the author of Genesis chose for a character he named Adam was the name for all of mankind. Why did Adam (mankind) call the woman Eve? Men call women mothers. Adam and Eve is not the story of two people. Consider whether the nature of mankind (men and women) remains the same now as it did then.

Then reflect: We are in a fallen world because of you. Because of me. Because of him. Because of her. Jesus taught when we try hard enough, when we are dedicated enough, obedient enough, our world changes, it is redeemed.

So the stories of Jesus are accurate but the rest of it isn't? Or what is it you believe about this?
What do you believe is inaccurate? Be specific so we are not wandering all over the place trying to cover everything at once.

Perhaps try to approach the story in terms of mankind. The name the author of Genesis chose for a character he named Adam was the name for all of mankind. Why did Adam (mankind) call the woman Eve? Men call women mothers. Adam and Eve is not the story of two people. Consider whether the nature of mankind (men and women) remains the same now as it did then.

Then reflect: We are in a fallen world because of you. Because of me. Because of him. Because of her. Jesus taught when we try hard enough, when we are dedicated enough, obedient enough, our world changes, it is redeemed.

Why would I have something to do with this fallen world? Wasn't it fallen long before I showed up?

And what am I supposed to be obeying?

So the stories of Jesus are accurate but the rest of it isn't? Or what is it you believe about this?
What do you believe is inaccurate? Be specific so we are not wandering all over the place trying to cover everything at once.
The whole story of creation, the flood, ... are all inaccurate. (Hey, that was only page 1! :biggrin:)

But then you say that the stories of Jesus are accurate? Turning water into wine?

Why would I have something to do with this fallen world? Wasn't it fallen long before I showed up?

The whole story of creation, the flood, ... are all inaccurate. (Hey, that was only page 1! :biggrin:)
But then you say that the stories of Jesus are accurate? Turning water into wine?

Perfect! You are forthright in saying you want nothing to do with this account. Your Good News is that you don't have to be! You can find something actually interests you and of which you are excited to be a part.

You like the way you read the Bible--and that is not a problem with me and many of us as long as you understand that we study it very differently. If the only thing you learn before leaving here is that the majority do not read into Bible the stuff you do, your time will have been well spent.

So would it make sense that because I robbed a bank, that all my descendants UNTIL THE END OF TIME get punished?
Again, wrong call, wrong game.

But something to consider...does it make sense that robbers and worse can be redeemed?
Totally relevant, Adam did something bad and all his descendants are paying for it. God needs to go to judge school. :biggrin:
Only an idiot would believe that. Are you an idiot?

Only an idiot would believe that.
No, it is far more symptomatic of a child's understanding that never had a chance to evolve into an adult understanding. Try to explain the math behind rocket science to someone who has a child's understanding of arithmetic, and see how successful that is. I find the success rate is much the same when presenting an adult or scholarly perspective of the Bible to someone who has only ever understood the child's story version.

Perfect! You are forthright in saying you want nothing to do with this account. Your Good News is that you don't have to be! You can find something actually interests you and of which you are excited to be a part.

You like the way you read the Bible--and that is not a problem with me and many of us as long as you understand that we study it very differently. If the only thing you learn before leaving here is that the majority do not read into Bible the stuff you do, your time will have been well spent.
You didn't address my post, just spouted more generalities. So what is accurate in the bible and what isn't for you? The OT not, but the NT is?

So would it make sense that because I robbed a bank, that all my descendants UNTIL THE END OF TIME get punished?

But something to consider...does it make sense that robbers and worse can be redeemed?
For bothering with you? Yes. :biggrin:

You didn't address my post, just spouted more generalities. So what is accurate in the bible and what isn't for you? The OT not, but the NT is?
We haven't even started, and already you have a wrong premise. It makes no sense to continue when the beginning starts out with a wrong premise.

We haven't even started, and already you have a wrong premise. It makes no sense to continue when the beginning starts out with a wrong premise.
I understand. Your concession is duly noted.

So does anyone else want to tell me why god created evil?

For bothering with you? Yes. :biggrin:
Then don’t waste my time with childrens’ arguments.

Well, you avoid everything I say. It’s the right conclusion.
Much more accurately, I ignore the nonsense. You have to decide why you are here, and why you wish to interact with people of faith. Some atheists choose interaction because they truly want to know how believers think. Others just want to set up a game of Gotcha! In my opinion, you fall into the second category.

People here have told you how the look at and perceive both evil and God. You have thrown tantrum after tantrum insisting God (in whom you have no belief) created evil. You demand to know why.

We have all presented you with very clear pictures of what we believe about God, and what we believe about evil. You say we can't look at God that way, that we can't perceive evil the way we do, either. You demand that we see God your way, and evil your way. For what purpose? Your end game is "Gotcha."

I have told you before, I concede all Gotcha!(s) to you because the rule of the game is that the person who does not show up, forfeits, and the win goes to the other side. I don't show up for Gotcha! games. I avoid them, I forfeit them, and you win. And.I.could.not.care.less.

Should you ever truly care what people of faith see and why they believe as they do, tune in. Otherwise, bask in your own beliefs without the insistence that people of faith join you in whatever it is you feel you are basking in. Be more articulate and a great deal more upfront about what you believe.

Forum List

Back