Zone1 Who or What is God according to the Bible?

Even Trumps enemies are admitting that this will be overturned upon review by a higher court. It is not justice when the judge intervenes this much in the trial and has obviously formed his decision prior to the court trial.

he's guilty, just everyone else in new york is guilty of embezzlement too - he's had it coming for a long time, they really do not like trump in new york they'll find the slightest reason to make him pay up.

he's guilty, just everyone else in new york is guilty of embezzlement too - he's had it coming for a long time, they really do not like trump in new york they'll find the slightest reason to make him pay up.
In other political revenge. Not a legal argument that should be able to stand up in court.

It is interesting that all Christian sects that believe in the Bible do not agree on all aspects of who or what God is. In your particular Christian sect, who and what do you believe God is according to the Bible and what scriptural evidence do you have to back up your belief? In The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints we believe that God the Father is an exalted man. In Luke chapter 24 we learn that the resurrected immortal Christ has a body of flesh and bones as tangible as mankind has and is able to eat and be touched by his disciples.

Luke 24:36-43
36 And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.
37 But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit.
38 And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts?
39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.
40 And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands and his feet.
41 And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have ye here any meat?
42 And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb.
43 And he took it, and did eat before them.

From this we know that Jesus, who is part of the godhead, has an immortal resurrected body of flesh and bones. Thus a part of the godhead is in the form of mankind and does have a body of flesh and bones. One question I would have is why would you expect the Father to be a different being that the Christ? In Hebrews 1 we learn that the immortal resurrected Jesus Christ is the express image of the person of the Father:

Hebrews 1:1-3
1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

If the immortal resurrected Jesus, with a body of flesh and bones, is the express image of the person of the Father, wouldn't that mean that the Father also has an immortal body of flesh and bones just as Jesus has? This makes even more sense when we realize that God made mankind in his very image and likeness.

Genesis 1:26
26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Here we learn that there was more than one being in the creation when we read the words "us" and "our" in this verse. I believe this is referring to both God the Father and Jesus Christ since it was through Jesus that God created all things that were created according to John 1:1-3:

John 1:1-3, 14
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Other verses that indicate that God the Father is also in the form of a man are as follows:

Hebrews 1:3
3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

How can Jesus sit down on the right hand of the Father if the Father doesn't have a right hand?

Acts 7:55-56
55 But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up steadfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God,
56 And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God.

Again, Jesus is seen standing on the right hand of God the Father.

Revelation 7:9-10
9 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;
10 And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.

Here we read that God the Father sits upon a throne. How is this done without a body?

Since Jesus is the express image of the Father, does not the following teaching of Jesus make sense?

John 14:9
9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

If you disagree with this, please present the scriptural evidence to back up your belief.
I am.

Ergo, God is existence.

Forum List

Back