Why all the anti-Christian attacks?

I was referring to Fred Phelps you idiot. What? You think that Fred Phelps, just because he's a fellow Christian, is on the right track?

You probably think Hitler was a swell guy too.
I was refering to Bass puke deck.....man i want to lets some fowl shit fly on you but ill try and hold my tongue in reserve for now...puke deck

I was referring to Fred Phelps you idiot. What? You think that Fred Phelps, just because he's a fellow Christian, is on the right track?

You probably think Hitler was a swell guy too.

This retard is making fallacious argument after fallacious argument a sure sign the smackdown is being laid down on you. You're disgrace to your fellow squids, using extreme idiots like Phelps as a proxy for Christians.

I can only pray (pun? or not...) that you have more in your life than a bible. If not, you have my sympathies, as so much would be made clear all at once.

And if you insulting and generally being ignorant to everyone who disagrees with you is seeing HIM in everything you do...than I am thankful HE stays away from me:)

I can only pray (pun? or not...) that you have more in your life than a bible. If not, you have my sympathies, as so much would be made clear all at once.

And if you insulting and generally being ignorant to everyone who disagrees with you is seeing HIM in everything you do...than I am thankful HE stays away from me:)

You pro-homos and neolibtards are attacking the Bass with insults, not the other way around. Its all because of jealousy and envy of the Bass, you guys lack the astronomical charisma and intellectual brilliance of the Bass.

Their still lost eternally without excepting Jesus the Christ in their lives, besides i got a dog in my backyard that does all them things, decent, keeps his yard in shape, barks hello when he sees you lol.....i would introduce them to my dog, because the fact that their atheist their not interested in my relationship with Jesus the Christ. Besides I shouldnt have to speak a word of my faith to atheist or anyone else for that matter, because if they cant plainly see HIM in eveything i do in my life, then showing them my Bible would be misunderstood and rather pointless...You can lead a horse to water but you cant make'm drink...........

Lemmie help you out White Lying.....

ex·cept·ing /ɪkˈsɛptɪŋ/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[ik-sep-ting] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–preposition
1. excluding; barring; saving; with the exception of; except: Excepting the last chapter, the book is finished.
–conjunction

So, unless you bar Jesus from your life, you're going to hell?

Ya may wish to pick up a thesarus mushmouth, otherwise people ain't gonna be able to understand the crap you're laying down.

You new the answer before you asked that question anyways, nudists and swinger resorts? LMAO!

Of course I knew. You didn't think I was going to try to tackle anything difficult with you did you? I'm an idiot.

... But I'm an idiot willing to allow various members of the Worship Industry to operate tax free because I believe that a national vote on that would certainly be over 50/50 in favor of keeping it, and I suspect it would be closer to my 75% example.

This idiot subscribes to 'democracy'... at least as a concept.

Does the no tax for 'church' rule mean anything to this Average American idiot? How much larger is the national debt because the 'church' industry doesn't pay taxes? Of course it affects me, even though I am not a member of any qualifying organizations. It doesn't matter. It doesn't matter because enough people like it this way that a vote on it is not likely in my lifetime. I can accept that... Could The Bass?

-Joe

Of course I knew. You didn't think I was going to try to tackle anything difficult with you did you? I'm an idiot.

... But I'm an idiot willing to allow various members of the Worship Industry to operate tax free because I believe that a national vote on that would certainly be over 50/50 in favor of keeping it, and I suspect it would be closer to my 75% example.

Does the no tax for 'church' rule mean anything to this Average American idiot? How much larger is the national debt because the 'church' industry doesn't pay taxes? Of course it affects me, even though I am not a member of any qualifying organizations. It doesn't matter. It doesn't matter because enough people like it this way that a vote on it is not likely in my lifetime. I can accept that... Could The Bass?

-Joe

Sure, the economy is losing so much money because churches are tax institutions, lol[insert rolling eyes here]. Idiot, the people who go to church do pay taxes, if the troops come back home there would be more money, if thee were less taxbreaks for the rich there would be more money. Churches aren't hurting the economy.

Sure, the economy is losing so much money because churches are tax institutions, lol[insert rolling eyes here]. Idiot, the people who go to church do pay taxes, if the troops come back home there would be more money, if thee were less taxbreaks for the rich there would be more money. Churches aren't hurting the economy.

Don't derail your own thread here Bass Man. This has nothing to do with taxes or the economy... tax free status is merely the example of government recognition I am using to make the point about open minded consideration and validation in a democracy.

The question stands unanswered... if 3/4 of your neighbors supported anything you felt as strongly as you feel about heaven and hell in denouncing would you accept it anyway, knowing that the only legal recourse was first amendment bitch rights?

-Joe

Joe i dont dault that some religions played politics for money related to wars, however the true GOD fearing Christian would abhor such antics...

Yeah... it's the bastards who use religious fears and faith to advance a political or social agenda that are scum sucking poo-poo heads, eh?

-Joe

Here's the problem as I see it. General theistic belief is not a problem and if only it existed, the conflict and criticism would probably be restricted to the philosophical circles. However, beliefs tend to be more specific than just a general theism and come with a whole range of doctrines, philosophies, and rituals. This is where the conflict arises, because many faiths have these characteristics:

They are considered to be the foundation of morality.

They have an accompanying mythos concerning the origins of humanity.

The make use of a heirarchical structure which assigns authority to clergy.

They are exclusionary to alternative beliefs.

These characteristics are the roots of most conflict in religion from within and without. The clergical authority aspect means that abuse of power is always a potential result and can bring about conflict with other authority figures such as those in the state if the two are separate. The mythos about origins is almost certain to create some conflict if it does not agree with rational scientific discoveries. Religion as a foundation for morality will cause conflicts when those who draw upon an alternative source for their morality disagree on the correct moral choice to make in a situation. Finally, the exclusionary aspect of most religions creates divisions within the religion and with those outside the religion. This exclusionary principle, or the sense that there is only one correct belief or interpretation also enhances the conflict caused by the other characteristics.

So to answer the question in the title of the thread, many followers of almost any religion believe they are correct in their faith, that all other philosophical interpretations are incorrect and from that conclude that also their moral values are the only correct moral values, that their mythos is the only accurate perception about man's place and purpose, and frequently try to assert authority through clergy or influence of the state to promote their "correct" view of morality and reality.

Forum List

Back