Scientific Miracles In Quran

BONA FIDE

Rookie
Jun 19, 2008
Scientific Miracles In Quran

The Big bang and Expansion of the Universe

If anyone were to search in a library or on the internet about the recent scientific findings as to the origin and development of the Universe, they will definitely come across the big bang theory and the expansion of the universe. We know that these are correct because the Qur’an told us 1400 years ago that-

"Haven't the disbelievers considered that the Heavens and the Earth were a joined entity and We separated them…”(Qur'an 21:30)
"And the Heaven we created with great strength and indeed We are its expander.”(51:47)

The Atmosphere/Ozone Layer

Science has recently uncovered that there is a protective barrier between the Earth and the immediate sky. This protects us from burning and deadly uv-rays, it protects us from small meteors, it protects our gases including oxygen which we need to breath etc… This reality was not even discussed by the scientists and philosophers in the time of the Prophet Muhammad. The Qur’an said it as clear as a scientist would today-

“And we made the sky a protective ceiling…” (21:32)

Orbit of the Sun, Moon, and all other Celestial bodies

In the time the Qur’an was revealed there were hundreds of ideas and theories as to the reality of the Sun and the Moon. It was recently discovered that the moon is in an orbit and the earth and that the earth is in orbit around the sun. The latest advancement is that the sun orbits our galaxy which also has its own orbit. God cleared this issue in the Qur’an centuries before modern science and technology-

“…the sun and the moon; all heavenly bodies are swimming in an orbit (circular motion).”(21:33)

The Lowest Point on Earth

If you look up “the lowest point on the earth” in any geography book or on the internet you will find from all sources a unanimous decision of the land surrounding the Dead Sea. All of the early commentators of the Qur’anic exegesis said that this battle took place after the Persians invaded deep into Byzantine Sham (modern day Syria, Jordan, Palestine) and these commentators as well as non-Muslim historians specified that the battle took place in a land called Azriyat which was close to the northern tip of the Dead Sea. It is interesting to see that the commentators (of centuries ago) argued and disagreed as to why God used the word “the lowest” to refer to this place. Now science has informed us what God meant-

"The Byzantines have been defeated in the lowest of the Earth (Adnal-Ard)…”(30:2-3)

The Uniqueness of the Fingerprint

God Almighty tells us in the Qur’an that when resurrecting everyone from their graves that He can put man back together as he was years ago before dying. He then emphasizes by making a point out of even perfectly proportioning the finger tips. In the modern world it is well-known especially in the science of human identification that the finger print is the one unique factor in differentiating between people. So therefore to say we can put them back together is one thing, but sown to the very fingerprint is a claim to perfection which only God can make. It was written 1400 years ago-

“Does man think that We will not assemble his bones? Yes. We are able to proportion him to his fingertips.”(75:3-4)

Iron as a Metalic Element Sent Down From Above

"...And We sent down iron in which there lies a great force and which has many uses for mankind..."(57:25)

The word “anzalna,” translated as "sent down" and used for iron in the verse, could be thought of having a metaphorical meaning to explain that iron has been given to benefit people. But, when we take into consideration the literal meaning of the word, which is, "being physically sent down from the sky, as this word usage had not been employed in the Quran except literally, like the descending of the rain or revelation, we realize that this verse implies a very significant scientific miracle. Because, modern astronomical findings have disclosed that the iron found in our world has come from giant stars in outer space.

One scientific source provides the following information on this subject:
"There is also evidence for older supernova events: Enhanced levels of iron-60 in deep-sea sediments have been interpreted as indications that a supernova explosion occurred within 90 light-years of the sun about 5 million years ago. Iron-60 is a radioactive isotope of iron, formed in supernova explosions, which decays with a half life of 1.5 million years. An enhanced presence of this isotope in a geologic layer indicates the recent nucleosynthesis of elements nearby in space and their subsequent transport to the earth (perhaps as part of dust grains).”

All this shows that iron did not form on the Earth, but was carried from Supernovas, and was "sent down," as stated in the verse. It is clear that this fact could not have been known in the 7th century, when the Quran was revealed. Nevertheless, this fact is related in the Quran, the Word of God, Who encompasses all things in His infinite knowledge.

Well, the reason for that is that the Muslims (Ishmael and his mother), took their stuff from the Jews.

Incidentally, all of that same stuff is in the Torah, and that has been around longer than just 1500 years. It's been around for over 3,500.

Well, the reason for that is that the Muslims (Ishmael and his mother), took their stuff from the Jews.

Incidentally, all of that same stuff is in the Torah, and that has been around longer than just 1500 years. It's been around for over 3,500.

I'm not arguing but when did Ishmael separate himself from the Jews? I'm asking, I don't know.

As I understand it Mohammad was visited by, I think it was the Archangel Gabriel (not sure) and either instructed to read the Qu'ran or had the Qu'ran given to him and he was told to memorise it. Now, this was what, 7th or 8th Century CE? I need to be corrected, I'm going from memory. In the intervening time where were the descendants of Ishmael?

All I know is that in mediaeval Europe both Islamic and Jewish scholars protected or rediscovered the knowledge of the ancients (the Egyptians, the Greeks, forget the Romans, great doers, crap thinkers) like Aristotle. Without Aristotle, I think, we wouldn't have science (well not as we know it right now).

All this shows that iron did not form on the Earth, but was carried from Supernovas, and was "sent down," as stated in the verse. It is clear that this fact could not have been known in the 7th century, when the Quran was revealed. Nevertheless, this fact is related in the Quran, the Word of God, Who encompasses all things in His infinite knowledge.

They're called meteors. It's believed that the Black Stone at the Kaaba is the remains of one. Very few elements, except lead, is believed to have actually formed on Earth. They were formed in a star that preceeded the sun and coalesced here.

Please provide evidence of your statement. Thanks

Ishmael (Hebrew: יִשְׁמָעֵאל, Standard Yišmaʿel Tiberian Yišmāʿêl; Arabic: إسماعيل, 'Ismāʿīl) is a figure in the Torah, Bible, and Qur'an. Jewish, Christian and Muslim believers regard Ishmael as Abraham's eldest son, born of his wife Sarah's hand maiden Hagar(Genesis 16:3). Though born of Hagar, according to Mesopotamian law, Ishmael was credited as Sarah's son (Genesis 16:2)[1] According to the Genesis account, he died at the age of 137 (Genesis 25:17).[2]

Both Jewish and Islamic traditions consider Ishmael as the ancestor of Northern Arab people.[1]

Judaism has generally viewed Ishmael as wicked though repentant.[1] Judaism maintains that Isaac (the father of the Jewish people) rather than Ishmael was the true heir of Abraham.[3] The New Testament contains few references to Ishmael. In Christian biblical interpretation, Ishmael is used to symbolize the older—now rejected—Judaic tradition; Isaac symbolizes the new tradition of Christianity.[1] Islamic tradition, however, has a very positive view of Ishmael, giving him a larger and more significant role. The Qur'an views him as a prophet, and as the actual son that Abraham was called on to sacrifice, as opposed to Isaac.[1][4]

Ishmael was the son of Abraham and his servant girl. The Q'aran was revealed to Mohammed by an angel because he was descended from Abraham.

Most of the Muslim religion is based on what the Jews understood.

Ishmael was the son of Abraham and his servant girl. The Q'aran was revealed to Mohammed by an angel because he was descended from Abraham.

Most of the Muslim religion is based on what the Jews understood.
The OP listed several scientific facts that are known today, That were mentioned in the Quran 1400 years ago.

You intimated that these were also in the the Torah and were copied and inserted into the Quran.

I asked for evidence, and you gave me a short history of Islam and the Jews.

That's not what I aked for.

Please show me where in the Torah, Talmud, Tanack, or any other Jewish work that lists these same scientific facts.

Last edited:
The OP listed several scientific facts that are known today, That were mentioned in the Quran 1400 years ago.

You intimated that these were also in the the Torah and were copied and inserted into the Quran.

Please show me where in the Torah, Talmud, Tanack, or any other Jewish work that lists these same scientific facts.

I am sure that I have said this from the beginning.

There is a force here that does not want us to know the truth, so what they did is create many religions and rewrote the words many ways. Additions and took out information.

This is why we have so many religions and not one of them has the entirety and that is why they all seem similar.

Look at the Quaran, Torah and the Christian Bible, The all say almost the same things but have few differences but they all say they are right.

This gave that force power over the planet and used it in ways to keep control and lead us down a path of destruction.

Find the center of religion. Find the distribution. Follow the ones that lead the world, see the propaganda.

That's interesting, but then the Islamic philosophers (or maybe they were mental scientists) were a very interesting bunch.
Hey you can suck up to SunniMan all you want. But if you don't convert, he's gonna' cut yer head off you know.

Actually, they're in the Torah. If you were to understand a bit about the history, you would know that Ishmael was the son of Abraham (the father of the Jews), and a slave woman. The slave woman was kicked out of the tribe with her son, who was also one of the forefathers of Mohammed. Mohammed was the one that started the Muslim religion.

Where are the same things in the Torah? Do some research. Start off by going to the Universal Torah Network and looking up the lessons of what they teach about the B'Neh Noach.

"Haven't the disbelievers considered that the Heavens and the Earth were a joined entity and We separated them…”(Qur'an 21:30)
"And the Heaven we created with great strength and indeed We are its expander.”(51:47)

Would need to see the context on this one.

“And we made the sky a protective ceiling…” (21:32)

They could see that from the meteors falling. No knowledge beyond that necessary.

“…the sun and the moon; all heavenly bodies are swimming in an orbit (circular motion).”(21:33)

Sounds more like the old Earth centered configuration to me. That was debunked.

"The Byzantines have been defeated in the lowest of the Earth (Adnal-Ard)…”(30:2-3)

Have to see the context. Could be a matter of translation.

“Does man think that We will not assemble his bones? Yes. We are able to proportion him to his fingertips.”(75:3-4)

Fingerprints? How do you get that from the quote. Bones don't have fingerprints. And it's more the faces of the fingers that have the prints, not the tips.

"...And We sent down iron in which there lies a great force and which has many uses for mankind..."(57:25)

Nothing remarkable here. Meteors fall from the sky and have iron. They would learn this. Iron began to be used around 1200 B. C. Long before the Koran was written.

you know, in Islam Muslims believe that the Torah and Bible are part of the revelations? They believe that Allah sent prophet Moses to bring the Torah and then Allah sent Jesus to bring the bible and then Allah sent prophet Muhammad (pbuh) to bring the Quran (last part of revelation).

So there is a lot of things in the Quran that you'll find in the Torah and Bible.

Hey you can suck up to SunniMan all you want. But if you don't convert, he's gonna' cut yer head off you know.

I don't know if you're just unobservant or thick but I'll take the unobservant view.

I'm an atheist. I have no time for religion in my life as a person or as a citizen. I'm happy, indeed I demand religious tolerance in my society. I am happy to attack religious intolerance. But I want to live free from religion.

Having said that I am able to look at any religion and see good and interesting things in a religion. I appreciate the work of Islamic and Jewish philosophers (today we'd call them scientists) for protecting the knowledge of the ancients. If it weren't for Islamic and Jewish philosophers we wouldn't be where we are today. They protected the works of Aristotle and if it weren't for Aristotle and the protectors of his ideas I would not be using a computer to get this message to you. Aristotle gave us what we call western thought. If it hadn't been for the Islamic and Jewish philosphers St Thomas Acquinas would never have known Aristotle and in what has to be the greatest of ironies, Aquinas used the gift of Aristotle's knowledge, protected by Jews and Muslims, to save Christianity.

The names of the Muslim and Jewish philosopher/scientists are still known today. They gave us our civilisation. We should be thanking them, not snarkily condemning their descendants.

Forum List

Back