Who On This Board Thinks

Corporations exist Without People.

• Total voters

One doesn't incorporate ones self..

A corporation is its own entity.....

Also, it would make no fucking sense to use a corporation as a "front" for anything.
Yeah, one does. It is a good way to pay less in taxes.

No you wish that was real.

That's not how it works...

You would get taxed more in that scenario anyways.

Not to mention the transfer of all ones wealth into capital investments...

It's blatant ignorance on your part....
Educate yourself.

S corporations, or Subchapter S corporations, produce several tax benefits as compared to sole proprietorships, partnerships, and C corporations.

The big benefit--and the one that people usually talk about--is the payroll tax savings. To understand how this works, let me compare two alternatives: A sole proprietor making $90,000 a year and an S Corporation making $90,000 a year.

Of course, the taxes that a sole proprietor pays depends on his or her filing status, itemized deductions and family size, but typically such a person might pay about $12,000 in federal income taxes. The person might also pay another chunk in state income taxes.

In addition to these income taxes, the proprietor also pays a 15.3% self-employment tax on the $90,000 of business profits. Roughly, this self-employment tax (which is equivalent to Social security and Medicare tax) equals $13,000.

Things usually work differently for the S corporation, however. To make calculations easy, assume the S corporation is owned by a single shareholder. In this case, the S corporation must break the $90,000 of profit into two buckets: wages and the leftover (which is called a distributive share). If the wages equal $40,000 and the leftover distributive share equals $50,000, the business pays Social Security and Medicare taxes (equivalent to self-employment tax) equal to roughly $6,000.

In this case, even though the two businesses make the exact same amount of money, the S corporation pays roughly $7,000 less in tax each year.

S Corporation Benefits Explained by a Small Business CPA

a corporation would exist without people?

Are schools people? Are supermarkets people?

Supermarkets greet me and wish me a fine day every time I enter and leave.

Should corporations be considered pregnant and afforded all such rights given to pregnant women? After all... they have living human beings inside of them.

It's funny... if I had people inside me, people wouldn't consider me to be human or a person. They'd think I was a cannibalistic monster.

Last edited:
I own an LLC. I do not demonize corporations. Your assumptions regarding how liberals view corporations are wrong.

When corporations become intertwined with government as you would have them do......the result is facism. You need to rethink the matter.

So you don't demonize corps, good for you. I would suggest most of your lib/dem contemporaries have a different opinion about them. As for intertwining corps and gov't, LOL, can't imagine why you'd think that. Furthest thing from my mind, I want the least gov't intervention as necessry.

But you want corporations to be able to advertise on behalf of candidates without limits. That is intertwining. Why can't you see that?

Your suggestion is wrong. too.

The SCOTUS has ruled that they can same as your dumb assed unions do.

Should corporations be considered pregnant and afforded all such rights given to pregnant women? After all... they have living human beings inside of them.

It's funny... if I had people inside me, people wouldn't consider me to be human or a person. They'd think I was a cannibalistic monster.

would a corporation exist without people?

Corporations are property, not people. They would not exist without people just the same as rockets would not exist without people.

Doesn't mean they have the rights that people have. The people that own corporations do not have their rights taken away from them when those rights are not afforded to the corporations. Corporations do not have the right to free speech. People than own corporations have the right to free speech. They are certainly well within their rights to convert their property to income and use that income under existing campaign law. Any other usage of corporate funds is corruption and bribery.

I counter your Citizens United with Dred Scott. On issues of property and people, sometimes they get it assbackwards.

I guess during spin-offs, the corporations should get 3 months maternity leave?

Again, it isn't about the legal definition.

It's about the politics.

On the politics, this is a loser of a topic for the Repubs which really puzzles me why Repubs want to bring it up.

Too weird.:eusa_eh:

Corporations are property, not people. They would not exist without people just the same as rockets would not exist without people.

Doesn't mean they have the rights that people have. The people that own corporations do not have their rights taken away from them when those rights are not afforded to the corporations. Corporations do not have the right to free speech. People than own corporations have the right to free speech. They are certainly well within their rights to convert their property to income and use that income under existing campaign law. Any other usage of corporate funds is corruption and bribery.

I counter your Citizens United with Dred Scott. On issues of property and people, sometimes they get it assbackwards.

If you own the stock in the corporation, I guess you own the people too. Maybe that is what the wing-nuts are saying. They miss slavery. :eek:

would a corporation exist without people?

Would a Number 2 Pencil exist without people?

Citizens United Decision

The Citizens United case dealt with a different subject — the rights of corporations and unions to participate fully in the political process.

Concluding that “political speech must prevail against laws that would suppress it by design or inadvertence,” the Supreme Court held that corporations and unions were entitled to the same First Amendment protections as individuals. Citizens United’s defense of First Amendment values remains highly controversial, but it is important to bear in mind precisely what it is about.

FLOYD ABRAMS

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/17/opinion/citizens-united-decision.html?_r=1&ref=opinion

too damn bad, libtards don't believe in free speech. what are you afraid of?

Yeah, one does. It is a good way to pay less in taxes.

No you wish that was real.

That's not how it works...

You would get taxed more in that scenario anyways.

Not to mention the transfer of all ones wealth into capital investments...

It's blatant ignorance on your part....
Educate yourself.

S corporations, or Subchapter S corporations, produce several tax benefits as compared to sole proprietorships, partnerships, and C corporations.

The big benefit--and the one that people usually talk about--is the payroll tax savings. To understand how this works, let me compare two alternatives: A sole proprietor making $90,000 a year and an S Corporation making $90,000 a year.

Of course, the taxes that a sole proprietor pays depends on his or her filing status, itemized deductions and family size, but typically such a person might pay about $12,000 in federal income taxes. The person might also pay another chunk in state income taxes.

In addition to these income taxes, the proprietor also pays a 15.3% self-employment tax on the $90,000 of business profits. Roughly, this self-employment tax (which is equivalent to Social security and Medicare tax) equals $13,000.

Things usually work differently for the S corporation, however. To make calculations easy, assume the S corporation is owned by a single shareholder. In this case, the S corporation must break the $90,000 of profit into two buckets: wages and the leftover (which is called a distributive share). If the wages equal $40,000 and the leftover distributive share equals $50,000, the business pays Social Security and Medicare taxes (equivalent to self-employment tax) equal to roughly $6,000.

In this case, even though the two businesses make the exact same amount of money, the S corporation pays roughly $7,000 less in tax each year.

S Corporation Benefits Explained by a Small Business CPA

Do you have any idea how difficult it is to get an S code exemption??

Money talks. deal with it.

You'll be singing a different tune when Obama has the biggest Super PAC of everyone.

sorry, i cannot sing.. not a note. deal with it.

You squeal like a pig....been doing it all day.

So...your point is what....you think corporations are people so they have the same rights as you and I. Cool.

I'm happy to have this debate on if the voters think this is a good idea or not.

But hey, whatever you think works for you. Promise to bring it up everyday?

You'll be singing a different tune when Obama has the biggest Super PAC of everyone.

So...your point is what....you think corporations are people so they have the same rights as you and I. Cool.

I'm happy to have this debate on if the voters think this is a good idea or not.

Hey dipshit. It's the law of the land. Are we a nation of laws or are we knot?

Hey dipshit. It's the law of the land. Are we a nation of laws or are we knot?

Did you hear that? It was the point whizzing by your pea brain. The law is the law although I would be interested in the exact case but thats neither here nor there.

The politics is that this is a losing case for the wingnuts which is why you've had your meltdown today. The laughing on the video is just indicative of just far out of touch your guy is.

You're boy has sided with the "corporations are people crowd" which is an incredibly unpopular thing to do.

But hey, you're right...it's the law. Enjoy your "victory" there sport.

Forum List

Back