Who On This Board Thinks

Corporations exist Without People.

• Total voters
I think a better poll would be, "do corporations serve the people?"

I would answer yes, but some corporations such as the Freddie and Fannies, AIG, Goldman Sachs, Haliburton, Enrons, and others that receive special regulatory and other benefits that others do not have in the market place should carefully examined.

You can't blame the symptoms for the disease. The disease is corruption of our officials, regulatory system, and central bank.

Corporations don't serve the people... they serve themselves... WHICH IS EXACTLY WHY they shouldn't gain control of this country... which is exactly what they want. They want the Public sector shredded to bits and privatized.... so they have MORE to serve themselves to.. second and third helping, if you will.

That's the part that they aren't telling us.

Keep the country in the hands of the people, not the conglomerate.

And this is the reason Willow is having such a meltdown over this bizarre subject and is actually taken the side of corporate personhood. It is a bizarre stance that two or three weeks ago, he/she wouldn't have taken but since Romney has it sewn up now, he/she is drinking the Kool-Aid on it. It is absolutely bizarre how crazy people get during election season. :eek:

His/her candidate is firmly on the side of corporate personhood which is a detestable thing--I think we can all agree.

So you see him/her lashing out since such stances are unpopular with most of America.

Just another nail in the Romney coffin...placed there and hammered into the under wood by none other than Willard himself.

Its gotta suck to be Willow Tree about right now. She/he doesn't miss an opportunity to shut the hell up and just take the lump. Very Perrylike of him/her.

This thread still going??? :eusa_eh: ;)

I may bump it every day until election day....it is an absolute loser for the Republicans. Just like anytime Solyondra (sp?) gets brought up, it is an absolute loser for Mr. Obama.

Willow would be wise to distance himself/herself from this one. So would Willard.

Legally, yes they can.

but do they?

Yes. Of course they do.

Unless you count the ONE person it takes to incorporate their own self.

Its a well known method of hiding money and the ultra-wealthy, like your heroes, do it every day.

One doesn't incorporate ones self..

A corporation is its own entity.....

Also, it would make no fucking sense to use a corporation as a "front" for anything.

I think a better poll would be, "do corporations serve the people?"

I would answer yes, but some corporations such as the Freddie and Fannies, AIG, Goldman Sachs, Haliburton, Enrons, and others that receive special regulatory and other benefits that others do not have in the market place should carefully examined.

You can't blame the symptoms for the disease. The disease is corruption of our officials, regulatory system, and central bank.

Corporations don't serve the people... they serve themselves... WHICH IS EXACTLY WHY they shouldn't gain control of this country... which is exactly what they want. They want the Public sector shredded to bits and privatized.... so they have MORE to serve themselves to.. second and third helping, if you will.

And this is the reason Willow is having such a meltdown over this bizarre subject and is actually taken the side of corporate personhood. It is a bizarre stance that two or three weeks ago, he/she wouldn't have taken but since Romney has it sewn up now, he/she is drinking the Kool-Aid on it. It is absolutely bizarre how crazy people get during election season. :eek:

His/her candidate is firmly on the side of corporate personhood which is a detestable thing--I think we can all agree.

So you see him/her lashing out since such stances are unpopular with most of America.

Just another nail in the Romney coffin...placed there and hammered into the under wood by none other than Willard himself.

Its gotta suck to be Willow Tree about right now. She/he doesn't miss an opportunity to shut the hell up and just take the lump. Very Perrylike of him/her.

I don't know where except out yo ass you libtards get the idea that everyone who disagrees with them is having a "meltdown" I guess the Supreme Court had a meltdown then huh? Freaks.

I may bump it every day until election day....it is an absolute loser for the Republicans. Just like anytime Solyondra (sp?) gets brought up, it is an absolute loser for Mr. Obama.

Willow would be wise to distance himself/herself from this one. So would Willard.

Not on your life will i distance myself from this one. We don't live in a vaccuum and the question has been decided by the SCOTUS.. so eat sht and die candyhorn

Not on your life will i distance myself from this one. We don't live in a vaccuum and the question has been decided by the SCOTUS.. so eat sht and die candyhorn

By a 5-4 decision. :eusa_eh: Overwhelming majority huh :doubt: :clap2:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited:
So what was the verdict on this? Does Willow think a corporation and a person are exactly equal? I would love to have that come up in a "pro-life" conversation.

Corporations have legal personage. They aren't people but they have the same certain rights and responsibilities of people.

So what was the verdict on this? Does Willow think a corporation and a person are exactly equal? I would love to have that come up in a "pro-life" conversation.

No taxation without representation. If they are not people and represented legislatively in government then you cannot tax them. Deal with that notion asswipe.

No taxation without representation. If they are not people and represented legislatively in government then you cannot tax them. Deal with that notion asswipe.

Ok.

Where in the Constitution does it say the Federal Government can't tax that which is not represented?

A corporation is not a person. It is a legal entity.

Under the law, we treat legal entities different than we treat people.

I thought the question was whether or not corporations can exist without people. I say no, any business entity that has no people is not a corporation. Corporations have stockholders, management and employees, they make something or do something that is profitable or they go out of business. If corp taxes are changed or you change regulations that affect their business ops, the people working for the corporations could be affected, and so would their suppliers and customers. It's all about people; if you're just talking about some paper institution that does nothing and has no people, that's not a corporation.

Did you know Mitt's real name is "Willard"?

Willard.

And?.................

I was going to a retreat a few weekends ago and as I was pulling out of Panera I heard on NPR's Wait Wait Don't Tell Me that a lot of Americans thought his full name was Mittens. So as a public service, I was telling all that his real first name is Willard. I personally thought it was Mitchell or Mitch or something that started with an M.

A corporation is not a person. It is a legal entity.

Under the law, we treat legal entities different than we treat people.

I thought the question was whether or not corporations can exist without people. I say no, any business entity that has no people is not a corporation. Corporations have stockholders, management and employees, they make something or do something that is profitable or they go out of business. If corp taxes are changed or you change regulations that affect their business ops, the people for work for the corporations could be affected, and so would their suppliers and customers. It's all about people; if you're just talking about some paper institution that does nothing and has no people, that's not a corporation.

I don't really have a dog in this fight but I hear some self-proprietors incorporate themselves (usually in Delaware) for tax purposes.

Regardless, the idea that a corporation is a human being is something that only the profoundly out-of-touch and their apologists would parrot.

I don't know where except out yo ass you libtards get the idea that everyone who disagrees with them is having a "meltdown" I guess the Supreme Court had a meltdown then huh? Freaks.

Starting your own thread about it for no apparent reason is a melt-down. Especially when highlighting the Plutocrat you're about to nominate's stance on the issue does nothing but further highlight just how poorly your party is doing.

The repeated swear words are expected since you're so frustrated at the prospect of it. I understand.

If you ever want to talk, call 1-800-Tough-Shit.

Forum List

Back