Who do you really trust with our National Security?

Kathianne said:
Because the Congress is in position of 'advice and consent'. Why are you tying the whole process, which we all know you know, in knots?

Exactly the opposite---the many issues hidden within the port deal need to be UNTIED and dealt with individually as I already posted.

dilloduck said:
Exactly the opposite---the many issues hidden within the port deal need to be UNTIED and dealt with individually as I already posted.
And when the administration is put in the position, by middle managers, of having to explain what is what, the people learn through what Congress can find out, you know, our represenatives.

dilloduck said:

I've never seen someone fight so hard and vehemently to have an arab entity take over our security. Makes me wonder. What are your motives dillo?

Pale Rider said:
Wasn't this already being discussed in the "Kicking Arabs in the Teeth" thread?

ya-multiple threads are addressing the issue. Like I said---It's multifaceted debate.

Pale Rider said:
I've never seen someone fight so hard and vehemently to have an arab entity take over our security. Makes me wonder. What are your motives dillo?

And not only are you fighting like a jihadist to have an arab company take over American security, you're using the "HIDE" function here on the board... what gives with all this arab support, and you're "HIDING" here on the board. You're starting to cut kind of a suspicious personality here.

Pale Rider said:
And not only are you fighting like a jihadist to have an arab company take over American security, you're using the "HIDE" function here on the board... what gives with all this arab support, and you're "HIDING" here on the board. You're starting to cut kind of a suspicious personality here.

talk to RWA and explain to him the racist side of this argument, will ya?

Pale Rider said:

The Arabs are not taking over port security, from everything I've read. Port security still remains a DHS perogative. This company is taking over port operations.

First: and foremost the security issue falls within the Shipping Manifest...which is controlled by the 'Port Administration'(to be UAE)!
Second:the US Coast Guard are cross designated as Customs Agents and work closely with the US Customs Service..however their authority ends when the ship docks! And by the way a released memo from the Coast Guard about the UAE takeover was in fact "Concerned" as to security issues!

So to blindly go along with the administrations proposal without corrective criticism is just plain stupid!

archangel said:
First: and foremost the security issue falls within the Shipping Manifest...which is controlled by the 'Port Administration'(to be UAE)!
Second:the US Coast Guard are cross designated as Customs Agents and work closely with the US Customs Service..however their authority ends when the ship docks! And by the way a released memo from the Coast Guard about the UAE takeover was in fact "Concerned" as to security issues!

So to blindly go along with the administrations proposal without corrective criticism is just plain stupid!
BINGO!!!!!
Arch!

Mr. P said:
BINGO!!!!!
Arch!

wrong--upon checking your card we find it in error---Th coast guard is issuing memos stating it is upset that it's investigation into the UAE is being taken out of context to imply something that is not true. I'll find a link for ya.

dilloduck said:
wrong--upon checking your card we find it in error---Th coast guard is issuing memos stating it is upset that it's investigation into the UAE is being taken out of context to imply something that is not true. I'll find a link for ya.

and some more dillo symantics I see! The original memo from the US Coast Guard was very clear...what you are now seeing is political pressure from the GW administration...very common in DC!

archangel said:
and some more dillo symantics I see! The original memo from the US Coast Guard was very clear...what you are now seeing is political pressure from the GW administration...very common in DC!

ahhhhhhhh we dont even trust the Coast Gurad now !!

LMAO we're doomed !

Dillo. No one wants to face the administration is brazenly selling us out. I don't want to face it, either.

dilloduck said:
ahhhhhhhh we dont even trust the Coast Gurad now !!

LMAO we're doomed !

I for one actually worked with the Coast Guard on numerous adventures...I have high esteem for the troops in the field...now that I am retired I can express my concerns without fear of 'Job Security" If you truly believe that political pressure does not exist...well my friend you are a hopeless cause!

archangel said:
I for one actually worked with the Coast Guard on numerous adventures...I have high esteem for the troops in the field...now that I am retired I can express my concerns without fear of 'Job Security" If you truly believe that political pressure does not exist...well my friend you are a hopeless cause!

this strawman crap is boring-----I never said there was no such thing as political pressure. You, however, are implying that thw White House has corrupted the Coast Guard with no proof whatsoever.

People are taking the Coast Guard issue out of context and blowing it out of proportion. They are leaving out the Coast Guard's full report and conclusion on the matter.

Statement by Coast Guard Spokesman Commander Jeff Carter on Coast Guard Port Transaction Analysis

For Immediate Release
U.S. Coast Guard
Office of Public Affairs
February 27, 2006

What is being quoted is an excerpt of a broader Coast Guard intelligence analysis that was performed early on as part of its due diligence process. The excerpts made public earlier today, when taken out of context, do not reflect the full, classified analysis performed by the Coast Guard. That analysis concludes “that DP World's acquisition of P&O, in and of itself, does not pose a significant threat to U.S. assets in [continental United States] ports.” Upon subsequent and further review, the Coast Guard and the entire CFIUS panel believed that this transaction, when taking into account strong security assurances by DP World, does not compromise U.S. security.

http://www.dhs.gov/dhspublic/display?content=5459

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp

Forum List

Back