Who do you really trust with our National Security?

dilloduck

Diamond Member
May 8, 2004
Austin, TX
We all sit here in relative security while our national security is being handled somewhere ( even behind the scenes ). If it ALL was up for review, who would believe had America's safety first and foremost in thier mind(s), would always act to protect it's citizens and do the best job. Whose input would you even consider valid? It's beginning to appear as if the answer is no one yet as some are now discovering--NO ONE, is not a choice. Some one will do it whether you like it or not. Give people a chance to protect you by telling them who who are willing to trust instead of damning all would be takers. Let's hear it !

dilloduck said:
We all sit here in relative security while our national security is being handled somewhere ( even behind the scenes ). If it ALL was up for review, who would believe had America's safety first and foremost in thier mind(s), would always act to protect it's citizens and do the best job. Whose input would you even consider valid? It's beginning to appear as if the answer is no one yet as some are now discovering--NO ONE, is not a choice. Some one will do it whether you like it or not. Give people a chance to protect you by telling them who who are willing to trust instead of damning all would be takers. Let's hear it !

Bottom line, our representatives are only as good as we force them to be. Believe it or not folks, if enough people in your district contact your reps on issues near and dear, you all carry more influence than the lobbyists.

dilloduck said:
3 hours---and no answers? Why am I not surprised? :sleep:
Gee, I thought you would have been able to infer, Congress. No, I'm NOT joking. Congress, with the public breathing down their necks, is the best for security. It's one of the reasons why the Founder's wrote a constitutiton based on strong legislative/weaker executive. They knew however, that war would change the dynamics, so they loaded the legislature with powers that could be called into play, if politics were right.

Kathianne said:
Gee, I thought you would have been able to infer, Congress. No, I'm NOT joking. Congress, with the public breathing down their necks, is the best for security. It's one of the reasons why the Founder's wrote a constitutiton based on strong legislative/weaker executive. They knew however, that war would change the dynamics, so they loaded the legislature with powers that could be called into play, if politics were right.

Then you should be pleased---Hillary and Chuck have raised the BS flag so high that congress is actually going to do something. Which trusted body should they hand our national security too? Hillary can't shoot an M-16 worth a damn I hear.

dilloduck said:
Then you should be pleased---Hillary and Chuck have raised the BS flag so high that congress is actually going to do something. Which trusted body should they hand our national security too? Hillary can't shoot an M-16 worth a damn I hear.
It's very unlikely that GW can shoot any better than Cheney. You brought it up. On the other hand, Congress should not hand off to anyone.

Kathianne said:
It's very unlikely that GW can shoot any better than Cheney. You brought it up. On the other hand, Congress should not hand off to anyone.

Since we agree that a politician may not be the toughest kid on the block, who should they give the hands on job to?

dilloduck said:
Since we agree that a politician may not be the toughest kid on the block, who should they give the hands on job to?
I doubt we agree on much, a point or two perhaps. In this case, I'll take my chances on Congress, with an awakened electorate. I'm speaking of those who do not think that just acting 'macho' on a messageboard means you have input or 'gravitas' on an issue.

It's the masses of constituents that matter, I just hope they keep the pressure on.

Kathianne said:
I doubt we agree on much, a point or two perhaps. In this case, I'll take my chances on Congress, with an awakened electorate. I'm speaking of those who do not think that just acting 'macho' on a messageboard means you have input or 'gravitas' on an issue.

It's the masses of constituents that matter, I just hope they keep the pressure on.

Acting macho??? means to "gravitas" ( is this the bloggers word of the week )
:rotflmao:
I've posted facts and rational rebuttals to hyterical and fantasy land posts by those denying and selectively choosing thier basis.

It's that personal stuff ,K. You just gotta give it up.

GunnyL said:
BUT .... it WAS taken down. Besides, I'm a a fully-qualified asshole. Ask my wife.

I seem to remember you stating *you* were taken down by *it*.

...and I don't need to ask your wife - I have firsthand knowledge. :D

<i>*gets ready to run*</i>

Kathianne said:
Bottom line, our representatives are only as good as we force them to be.

That is so true, Kathianne. The people are supposed to be the boss, but I wonder how many people on this board have actually taken the time to contact his/her elected representatives on any issue. I'll bet not very many.

Wonder if any polls have been taken to see how many people actually take the time to contact their elected representatives about current issues. I would be interested in knowing the percentage if anyone has any data on this.

Adam's Apple said:
That is so true, Kathianne. The people are supposed to be the boss, but I wonder how many people on this board have actually taken the time to contact his/her elected representatives on any issue. I'll bet not very many.

Wonder if any polls have been taken to see how many people actually take the time to contact their elected representatives about current issues. I would be interested in knowing the percentage if anyone has any data on this.

Then if people trust Congess with our national security, why don't they trust the laws that Congress has enacted. If our security has been somehow breeched, then the buck should stop there---not the white house.

dilloduck said:
Then if people trust Congess with our national security, why don't they trust the laws that Congress has enacted. If our security has been somehow breeched, then the buck should stop there---not the white house.
Because the Congress is in position of 'advice and consent'. Why are you tying the whole process, which we all know you know, in knots?

Forum List

Back