Who Do You Hate More?

Maddow can be long winded and irritating, but she is well prepared and knows her stuff

Coulter is a political troll who is looking to provoke and draw headlines.....Did you hear what Ann Coulter said?

No comparison of the two

I doubt you think that honestly.
Both are very smart, both are well prepared and provide solid arguments, however of course - BOTH are spin masters. Both lie by omission and use false narratives to spin the story.
Truth of the matter is - listen to either of these spin harlots and you will be stupider for it.

Maddow can be long winded and irritating, but she is well prepared and knows her stuff

Coulter is a political troll who is looking to provoke and draw headlines.....Did you hear what Ann Coulter said?

No comparison of the two

Both are very smart, both are well prepared and provide solid arguments, however of course - BOTH are spin masters. Both lie by omission and use false narratives to spin the story.
Truth of the matter is - listen to either of these spin harlots and you will be stupider for it.

I have never heard Maddow make fun of people or say anything bad about people. That is the difference.

No comparison of the two

I have never heard Maddow make fun of people or say anything bad about people. That is the difference.

Interesting......so you agree that they are both spin doctors, but only Coulter is rude, yet...earlier you clearly stated you liked Maddow.
That says a lot about you.

I never watch Maddow but I've seen and read Colter and hate what she is doing to the country.
What is she doing to the country?
Her best to divide it.
How?

Do you define divide as anyone who uses the First Amendment to speak their worldview that you disagree with?

Is she out there, physically separating people?

I guess I'm asking if you think that the only way we can be a united nation is if everyone agrees with you and your 'ideology'?
I define "dividing" as demonizing anyone who doesn't share your values and taking your most extreme opponents views and lumping all your opponents into the same bucket. The result is the message that you can never negotiate with them you have to fight them.

Some Coulter quotes:
  • There are lots of bad Republicans, there are no good Democrats.
  • Liberals love America like O.J. loved Nicole.
  • Political debate with liberals is basically impossible in America today because liberals are calling names while conservatives are trying to make arguments.
  • "I don't really like to think of it as a murder. It was terminating Tiller in the 203rd trimester. ... I am personally opposed to shooting abortionists, but I don't want to impose my moral values on others." --on the murder of Kansas abortion doctor George Tiller, FOX News interview, June 22, 2009

I never watch Maddow but I've seen and read Colter and hate what she is doing to the country.
Her best to divide it.
How?

Do you define divide as anyone who uses the First Amendment to speak their worldview that you disagree with?

I guess I'm asking if you think that the only way we can be a united nation is if everyone agrees with you and your 'ideology'?
I define "dividing" as demonizing anyone who doesn't share your values and taking your most extreme opponents views and lumping all your opponents into the same bucket. The result is the message that you can never negotiate with them you have to fight them.

Some Coulter quotes:
  • Political debate with liberals is basically impossible in America today because liberals are calling names while conservatives are trying to make arguments.
  • "I don't really like to think of it as a murder. It was terminating Tiller in the 203rd trimester. ... I am personally opposed to shooting abortionists, but I don't want to impose my moral values on others." --on the murder of Kansas abortion doctor George Tiller, FOX News interview, June 22, 2009
Of course, no Democrat (including Maddow) ever does this?

Much of what you have quoted is common practice among all political actors. This assigning of intent and motive is nothing new and is no more destroying or dividing this country than Maddow's partisan rhetoric. Or for that matter, ALL of the hate-filled rhetoric of people who disagree with people like Ann Coulter.

Let's take you for instance.

You 'hate' what she is doing to this country. Just now, you have assigned intent by her to demonize the other side. No thought on your part to think or consider the fact that progressives have at one time or another demonstrated those traits.

Have you ever bothered to take the time to research what those you agree with have said against conservatives and the Republicans?

Is it any less 'divisive'?

I am curious though, what is it you think should be or can be negotiated.

That's what I would like to know.
Disagreeing, apparently.

It strikes Me the same way that another poster here blamed all the escalation of hate filled rhetoric on Rush Limbaugh and the airing of his show. Everything was hunky-dory until Limbaugh had the audacity to speak out against them.

Her best to divide it.
How?

Some Coulter quotes:

I'll go one better re Coulter. I don't always agree with her position, but I am able to put somebody's words into their full context and distinguish between humor and stated fact, between dryly stated facts and satire, between metaphor and actual situations/occurrences.

And if she takes a position on something without mitigating it with different scenarios, well, that is just the way Americans in general argue these days.

Look at your quote. Did you post anything she has said that you can agree with? Or did you cherry pick four statements out of the full context to use to make her look unreasonable and perhaps evil?

Please read this short column by Ann back in 2006. Tell me where she got it wrong.
Gawfer: Read My Lips: No New Amnesty; by Ann Coulter

She starts it with: "On the bright side, if President Bush's amnesty proposal for illegal immigrants ends up hurting Republicans and we lose Congress this November, maybe the Democrats will impeach him and we'll get Dick Cheney as President. . . ."

and ends it with. . ."Bush thinks it's not fair to favor people with special skills -- a policy evidenced by his Harriet Miers pick. How about this: It's not fair to want to go out with someone just because that person is attractive and has a good personality because it discriminates against people who are ugly with bad social skills!

That's our immigration policy. Press "1" for English; press "2" for a new President ..."

Needless to say, she is no more gentle with President Trump or the Republicans now if they waffle on the illegal immigration issue or other issues dear to a true conservative's heart. And she will defend anybody when she thinks they get it right.

Last edited:

Disagreeing, apparently.

It strikes Me the same way that another poster here blamed all the escalation of hate filled rhetoric on Rush Limbaugh and the airing of his show. Everything was hunky-dory until Limbaugh had the audacity to speak out against them.

Not to mention that Maddow bashes the President and/or various Republicans or conservatives in every one of her shows, but she is apparently isn't doing anything to the country. :)

Colter seems to be such a hater to anything that is not a white heterosexual..she is a judgmental icky person..
every black I hear on TV hates anything white-hetero-christian-American
example--the black crowd CHEERS:
BLM Anti-Trump Protest In Seattle: ‘We Need To Start Killing People’--KIll the white house/etc

Rev Wright:
''God Damn America''..many anti-white quotes
Michelle Obama hated America also

etc etc

You're watching the wrong TV then. :)

Her best to divide it.

Aw, your butt's still smarting because she predicted Trump winning, amirite?

Colter seems to be such a hater to anything that is not a white heterosexual..she is a judgmental icky person..
BLM Anti-Trump Protest In Seattle: ‘We Need To Start Killing People’--KIll the white house/etc

Rev Wright:

etc etc

Her best to divide it.

that's who the local news puts on all the time
whenever a cop shoots a criminal in self defense--they usually put on these anti-white blacks--who can't even speak proper English
it's always the criminal's side/the criminal's family---hardly ever do they do a story on the truth
always the protesters against the white cops--I'm sure you've seen this in the news

No comparison of the two

And I see this as quintessential Maddow:

Trump less popular than lice: new PPP poll

Last edited:

Rev Wright:

etc etc

Her best to divide it.

whenever a cop shoots a criminal in self defense--they usually put on these anti-white blacks--who can't even speak proper English
it's always the criminal's side/the criminal's family---hardly ever do they do a story on the truth
always the protesters against the white cops--I'm sure you've seen this in the news

Like I said, wrong TV. :badgrin:

No comparison of the two

I disagree

Maddow is an intellect and makes her points on an intellectual level. It may be liberal biased intellectual but it is still intellectual

Coulter is a troll. Her goal is to insult and inflame. I rarely see her provide evidence to support her claims. Maddow spends twenty minutes of supporting information before she finally reaches a point

Rev Wright:

etc etc

Her best to divide it.

Like I said, wrong TV. :badgrin:
I stopped watching it after the last justified cop shooting
the one black guy they had in the station--they picked him for a ''spokesperson---said"
we ain't waiting for no politicians to .....blah blah blah
real ghetto like
THIS was the spokesperson the local news picked to speak against '''police brutality''

You 'hate' what she is doing to this country. Just now, you have assigned intent by her to demonize the other side. No thought on your part to think or consider the fact that progressives have at one time or another demonstrated those traits.
Are you saying that every dem, lib, and progressive always displays all the traits she assigns to them? It Is not OK for her to do it because some others have done it. We shouldn't operate at the level of lowest common denominator. This is behavior I'd find unacceptable in my children but it is OK in our politicians?

Have you ever bothered to take the time to research what those you agree with have said against conservatives and the Republicans?
Not a justification. You may claim self defense but that is a sad commentary on the state of our country.

No it isn't and is not acceptable to me.

Everything. I see way too much ideological purity and if you demonize your opponents it makes you unable to compromise. A dirty word in today's environment.

Are you saying that every dem, lib, and progressive always displays all the traits she assigns to them? It Is not OK for her to do it because some others have done it. We shouldn't operate at the level of lowest common denominator. This is behavior I'd find unacceptable in my children but it is OK in our politicians?

Not a justification. You may claim self defense but that is a sad commentary on the state of our country.

No it isn't and is not acceptable to me.

Everything. I see way too much ideological purity and if you demonize your opponents it makes you unable to compromise. A dirty word in today's environment.

I'm not saying that at all. I'm saying that your hatred (and the hatred of all the other partisan hacks) is very selective, as it is directed ONLY one way.

Tell Me something. Do you think murder is wrong? If so, do you think you should negotiate with those who think it is okay sometimes?

The point being, when it comes to principle and values, either you have them and have them for a reason, or you don't. If you do have them, and you consider them valid and a part of your very fabric, why would you negotiate them away?

Now, I get what you are saying. In politics, you have to give a little to get a little.

So far, I've seen the Democrats give nothing and the Republicans and those others who hold conservative values, give ground every time. So, how is it that they give ground on cherished values? Because when they dare speak up, people come along and heap on them nothing but hatred, vile invective, namecalling, death threats. They are ridiculed in the biased media, their good names drug through the muck, hit and attacked.

What is funny, is in all of this hatred, never once do I see the left questioning themselves in threads like this one.

rachel-maddow.jpg

or
sorry; I have a happy camper policy.

Disagreeing, apparently.

Limbaugh is an entertainer who has been taken seriously by conservatives

Kind of like President Trump

Disagreeing, apparently.

Limbaugh is an entertainer who has been taken seriously by conservatives

Kind of like President Trump

Limbaugh does do his homework for his show, however. Lots of stuff in his iconic "stack of stuff." Most people will find something to disagree with him during his three-hour mid day radio program, but anybody who is listening will almost always learn something they didn't know before. These days I might catch 20-30 minutes of his show if we happen to be driving somewhere, but even in that length of time I usually learn something.

Could we say that Maddow is an entertainer who offers little of substance but who is taken seriously by liberals who don't learn a whole lot from her program?

Forum List

Back